The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on January 23, 2017, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2017, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 23, 2017, 02:26:15 PM
Speed read the last few pages (which is easier when you have the male horse on ignore) but must have missed the criticism of Klopp for abandoning Liverpool's traditions by bringing on Matip up front and going long ball. Like with referees, all we want is consistency!

He literally did it for about 2 minutes in a desperate situation. Not like he does it regularly or for any sustained length.

Plus, it salvaged points last year against Arsenal and Norwich when similarly employed.
I'm pretty sure seanie knows the difference between throwing a big lad up front in the 92nd minute compared to playing a long ball tactics for 45mins!

Rooney came on at ht, Mata after around the hour mark, I can't imagine the long ball tactics were for either of then more likely it started after Fellaini came on with 14 mins to go..

quit yo jibbajabba

Or. 14 times as long as liverpool did on Sat if yous wanna continue playing silly buggers...

The Stallion

Still nobody prepared to acknowledge Klopp's shortcomings?

Carry on discussing long balls then...

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 23, 2017, 06:43:59 PM
Speed read the last few pages (which is easier when you have the male horse on ignore) but must have missed the criticism of Klopp for abandoning Liverpool's traditions by bringing on Matip up front and going long ball. Like with referees, all we want is consistency!

He literally did it for about 2 minutes in a desperate situation. Not like he does it regularly or for any sustained length.

Plus, it salvaged points last year against Arsenal and Norwich when similarly employed.

Sometimes you just have to. Last week it was a compliment to Liverpool's workrate that Mourinho did it.

I've no problem with Mourinho doing it.

It worked, therefore it was the correct approach in that situation.

Just find him nauseating at times when you think back to him lambasting Big Sam for West Ham's "19th century football" (although it was a funny description!) but sure they're all hypocrites when it suits them.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on January 23, 2017, 07:59:47 PM

You post something worth discussing, with a bit of meat instead of just vacuous "look at me, I'm a contrarian" exclamations, and you might get some bites.

imtommygunn

Some people did.

You want everyone to agree?

Boycey

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 23, 2017, 07:54:38 PM
Or. 14 times as long as liverpool did on Sat if yous wanna continue playing silly buggers...

Maybe Liverpool would have got an important point if they'd 'resorted' to it with 14 mins to go..

quit yo jibbajabba

The Stallion

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2017, 08:07:39 PM

You post something worth discussing, with a bit of meat instead of just vacuous "look at me, I'm a contrarian" exclamations, and you might get some bites.

I don't want "bites".

seafoid

Quote from: The Stallion on January 23, 2017, 09:35:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2017, 08:07:39 PM

I don't want "bites".
Suarez left anyway

magpie seanie

I'm pretty sure seanie knows the difference between throwing a big lad up front in the 92nd minute compared to playing a long ball tactics for 45mins!

I do. Do you understand the difference between someone coming on in the 76th minute and at half time?

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2017, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 23, 2017, 06:56:10 PM
Markovic gone on loan to Hull. I thought he was already on loan somewhere! had forgotten about him if I'm honest.

Sporting wasn't it or Porto? Obviously didn't work out. Hopefully he has a blinder for Hull so we can recoup some of the 20 mil we paid for him
Can only remember him having one decent game away to Sunderland. Doesn't look like he has a future at Anfield.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2017, 09:04:29 AM

I do. Do you understand the difference between someone coming on in the 76th minute and at half time?

Uniteds long ball tactics didnt start when Fellani came on, they were tossing it up to Ibra long before that.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2017, 11:35:31 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2017, 09:04:29 AM

Uniteds long ball tactics didnt start when Fellani came on, they were tossing it up to Ibra long before that.

I don't think you're correct and the statistics of the game shown by Sky afterwards back me up (i.e. Liverpool played 19 long balls, United played 20).

The Stallion

The long ball statistics are a dull irrelevance. The facts are United were the better side regardless of how each team played.

I'm not a fan of Mourinho's style of football, but you can see he is improving Utd considerably as the season progresses. Klopp meanwhile looks tactically lacking, and clearly has not managed to implement any sort of functioning defensive gameplan. Even when winning games they are often being torn apart at the back.