The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 28, 2016, 03:11:16 PM
Lucky boy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/28/mamadou-sakho-no-further-doping-ban
So it may not even have been a banned substance?!!
Europa League Final should be replayed really as Sakho missed it.
It's only fair.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2016, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 28, 2016, 03:11:16 PM
Lucky boy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/28/mamadou-sakho-no-further-doping-ban
So it may not even have been a banned substance?!!
Europa League Final should be replayed really as Sakho missed it.
It's only fair.

Nope its actually a banned substance but the question is, should it be?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

PSG being linked with a £45m bid for coutinho. If true this will show where FSG are.  Klopp should be building the team round Couthino.

The Stallion

45 million is a lot of money for Coutinho. He's one of Liverpool's best players, but they could buy 4 really good players with that money in theory.

If selling him meant Mignolet, Henderson, Milner and Moreno were replaced by good players I'd be happy enough. Unfortunately Klopp seems to rate some awful players very highly so this scenario is unlikely.

TabClear

Quote from: The Stallion on June 03, 2016, 10:04:59 AM
45 million is a lot of money for Coutinho. He's one of Liverpool's best players, but they could buy 4 really good players with that money in theory.

If selling him meant Mignolet, Henderson, Milner and Moreno were replaced by good players I'd be happy enough. Unfortunately Klopp seems to rate some awful players very highly so this scenario is unlikely.

To me this is exactly what we should avoid doing.  Sell probably the one world class player Liverpool have and replace with multiple squad players. Chances you might pick up Coutinho Mk 2 for less than ten million are few and far between. Skrtel bring linked with a move to Turkey for £7m. He's a 2nd choice 31 year old verve half ffs.

Milltown Row2

That's what they did when the sold Dracula ..... to spend money on untried players is a massive gamble and the league will eluded them again... they should have got like for like last time they hit the jackpot ... they didn't and that's the reason why Liverpool has won nowt and finished in 8th.... RVP was one player Fergie bought and he won the league off the back of him in an average enough Utd team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: TabClear on June 03, 2016, 12:59:39 PM

To me this is exactly what we should avoid doing.  Sell probably the one world class player Liverpool have and replace with multiple squad players. Chances you might pick up Coutinho Mk 2 for less than ten million are few and far between. Skrtel bring linked with a move to Turkey for £7m. He's a 2nd choice 31 year old verve half ffs.

Countinho is not world class. He has world class potential, but he is far too inconsistent to be classed like that yet. That said, I want them to hold on to him.

TabClear

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2016, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 03, 2016, 12:59:39 PM

Countinho is not world class. He has world class potential, but he is far too inconsistent to be classed like that yet. That said, I want them to hold on to him.

That's even worse £45m doesn't by you world class anymore!

Agree with what you are saying about consistency but I think part of that is the players around him if you put philippe in a team with other world class players he would look unreal.  He sees balls that the like of benteke doesn't make the run for. IN 2014 his link up with smart players on his wavelength like suarez, sturridge and Gerrard was fantastic.

laoislad

I hope he stays. Or actually I hope he wants to stay, if he doesn't then I'd let him go and hopefully Klopp will invest the money better than Rodgers did with the Suarez and Sterling money.

Walter Cronc

Agree with AZ there. World class is a term bandied about far too often these days and thats no criticism of Coutinho. He's a good player but like many goes missing in big games - Sevilla for example.

Sure Arsenal spent 35 million on a player no one has really ever heard of. 50 million would get you a decent striker these days but nothing more.

heganboy

I don't know abut Coutinho being world class either, I think 70 together for him and Benteke (to Chelsea????) seems like good business to me. Liverpool are lacking a true world class player - they have the manager- they now have the stand and the revenue what they are lacking is the team.

A couple of real world class players to build around is what the club needs to regain the lost ground of the last few years, if you take that 70M and add it to the available substantial funding, then a couple of true world class players can be brought in.

zlatan, alves and arbeloa are all available for free and would be would be seriously influential, great for a year or two.

james, Gotze, Kante, griezeman, benzema, pato, reus, aubameyang, koke, Mkhitaryan, lacazete, (excuse spelling along the way there) would all be available for the right money, would be genuine world class players, jersey sellers, "difference makers" in the american parlance.

We simply haven't had a player mentionable in that class since Gerard and Suarez, arguably world 11 players in their prime (which suarez still bloody is)

Gundogan was a great buy for city by the way.

p.s. as the last remaining dreamer, can you imagine Balotelli and Ibrahimovic playing together up front, 88 minutes of frustration and 2 minutes of highlights
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TabClear

Quote from: heganboy on June 03, 2016, 03:07:51 PM
I don't know abut Coutinho being world class either, I think 70 together for him and Benteke (to Chelsea????) seems like good business to me. Liverpool are lacking a true world class player - they have the manager- they now have the stand and the revenue what they are lacking is the team.

A couple of real world class players to build around is what the club needs to regain the lost ground of the last few years, if you take that 70M and add it to the available substantial funding, then a couple of true world class players can be brought in.

zlatan, alves and arbeloa are all available for free and would be would be seriously influential, great for a year or two.

james, Gotze, Kante, griezeman, benzema, pato, reus, aubameyang, koke, Mkhitaryan, lacazete, (excuse spelling along the way there) would all be available for the right money, would be genuine world class players, jersey sellers, "difference makers" in the american parlance.

We simply haven't had a player mentionable in that class since Gerard and Suarez, arguably world 11 players in their prime (which suarez still bloody is)

p.s. as the last remaining dreamer, can you imagine Balotelli and Ibrahimovic playing together up front, 88 minutes of frustration and 2 minutes of highlights

The 2 minute highlight being a  punch up.

I honestly do think Couthinho had the potential to be one of the best in the world. World class is an ambiguous phrase and AZs point on consistency is valid but I would struggle to name more than about 10-15 players in the premiership who I would swap him for.  I'm not saying he would make a world 11 but if he is one off the best players in one of the best leagues in the world surely he is up there.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: heganboy on June 03, 2016, 03:07:51 PM

Could never see Liverpool get Griezmann....he'll be demanding huge wages in the next year or two. Also Gundogen to City, since when has he performed since the year BvB reached the European Cup final. He's been ravaged by injury. I'll be surprised if he hits those heights again.

I think La Liga and the Bundesliga has the players - its just getting the right fit/type of player for your team.

laoislad

Away to Arsenal first game of the season.

rory

Last 8 games:
Liverpool v Bournemouth
Stoke v Liverpool
West Brom v Liverpool
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Watford v Liverpool
Liverpool v Southampton
West Ham v Liverpool
Liverpool v Middlesbrough

I imagine West Ham will be the only one of these in the top half by then.  An 'easy' run in, but of course we'll manage to lose 2 or 3 and draw 2 or 3