The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Aughafad on April 20, 2016, 10:53:29 PM
Anybody who thinks the stallion (the gelding suits better) is a liverpool fan is deluded.
Nobody believes the lying toad.
At least he's not only trying to derail this thread, he's also doing the same to the mancs and toffee threads too. Although he's such a bad liar that it doesn't take long to figure him out on all threads. "Klopp's a terrible manager", "Gerrard was a terrible player" (on the Everton thread of all places!), "ha ha" posts when Liverpool go behind.

Hound

With Origi gone for at least the Villareal first leg, it could mean Benteke gets back into the team for the visit of Newcastle at the weekend, as he'll not want to risk Sturridge. Likely to put out a very weakened team for Rafa's return

Esmarelda

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 20, 2016, 11:14:34 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on April 20, 2016, 10:53:29 PM
Anybody who thinks the stallion (the gelding suits better) is a liverpool fan is deluded.

But we're Liverpool fans, it's in our DNA to be deluded!!

Fine win against the worst Blueshite team I've ever had the pleasure see thumped!  Origi hopefully not too bad from a rotten b**tard of a tackle. Totally dominated them to the point that the Echo gave Mignolet N/A in player ratings for his performance!!!
Where do you get your dislike for Everton from?

heganboy

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2016, 09:28:15 AM
With Origi gone for at least the Villareal first leg, it could mean Benteke gets back into the team for the visit of Newcastle at the weekend, as he'll not want to risk Sturridge. Likely to put out a very weakened team for Rafa's return
Proper order !
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

What do we make of this? I must admit I have a soft spot for Owen, and I was sad to see so many LFC fans couldn't forgive him leaving in 2004, and I couldn't believe he joined United when he did, but I still think he's a Liverpool great. I had noticed a definite warming to LFC in his commentary, he's as biased as hell.

QuoteLiverpool FC has today announced that Michael Owen will become the club's first official international ambassador.

This new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

Owen, a product of the Reds' youth system, notched 158 goals in 297 appearances across seven seasons and was part of the team that won the historic treble of 2001, most notably scoring both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Arsenal.

He remains the last Englishman and only Liverpool player to be named the best in Europe while at the club, having been awarded the Ballon d'Or in 2001.

As international ambassador, Owen makes a welcome return to the club that gave him his first-team debut 20 years ago.

On the appointment, he said: "As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

"Liverpool FC is the world's greatest football family and it's great for me to be able to represent the club in an official capacity once again."

imtommygunn

Did he not still say we for man united when on bt sport??

AZOffaly

Dunno, but he certainly commentates for Liverpool as if he is a fan.

Hound

I hold absolutely no grudge against him leaving when he did.
But I think he's quite fortunate to get this job

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2016, 03:08:39 PM

I think he's very fortunate. There's a significant percentage of fans who still don't like him. I know he got a good reception at Gerrard's testimonial, but I hope this mends things with those who still bear a grudge against him.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2016, 03:05:05 PM
Did he not still say we for man united when on bt sport??

You're welcome to him.

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2016, 03:10:51 PM

I think he's very fortunate. There's a significant percentage of fans who still don't like him. I know he got a good reception at Gerrard's testimonial, but I hope this mends things with those who still bear a grudge against him.
He played for man u after leaving Liverpool.  Unforgivable. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mikehunt on April 21, 2016, 07:58:16 PM

Are you serious??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

QuoteHe played for man u after leaving Liverpool.  Unforgivable.

Yeah, like the rest of the dross Liverpool team that Owen was on wouldn't have walked to Manchester on their knees if they'd the chance to play under Ferguson. Lol

The Stallion

Thanks. This made me laugh. Always great to know people like this exist lol.

mikehunt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2016, 08:44:23 PM

Are you serious??

Can't believe he was given a job as a Liverpool ambassador after playing for that shower. A great player in his prime but will never be fondly remembered for that act of treason. He paid the price by missing out on Istanbul the year after he left.