The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Someone who doesn't think Mignolet deserved a new contract, or that Lucas is anything other than shite, maybe even someone who doesn't think buying a rubbish centre back to play as striker was a good idea.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Stallion on March 03, 2016, 07:58:02 PM
Someone who doesn't think Mignolet deserved a new contract, or that Lucas is anything other than shite, maybe even someone who doesn't think buying a rubbish centre back to play as striker was a good idea.

And in one paragraph it is all explained.

The Stallion

Armamike

After the performance last night fourth is on, no problem!  Stepping stone to the league title next year on the back of the rebuilding job this summer. Klopp is the man!
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

So you don't know then? No opinion?

The Stallion

I don't know every prospective manager's opinion on the above comments, no.

From the Bunker

Extending Mignolets contract has noting to do with holding onto him. More getting something for him when we sell him. January is a dead rubber when buying players. You never get anything decent at that time of the year, Only players with the same level of talent that Liverpool are trying to get rid of. Most players signed are loaned back until the end of the season.

The Stallion

His previous contact was apparently due to expire in 2018, so it's difficult to find any logic in giving a shite keeper a new contract under those circumstances.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Stallion on March 03, 2016, 10:06:02 PM
His previous contact was apparently due to expire in 2018, so it's difficult to find any logic in giving a shite keeper a new contract under those circumstances.

Not really, if in the summer Liverpool sign a new keeper, Minolet is number two! All the way to 16/17 season he is still #2. So at the beginning of the 17/18 season, Liverpool decide they want to sell him, but Mignolet decides he'll hold out for a free transfer at the end of the season. Liverpool are left with nothing! With a contract longer than 2018 then the pressure is on Mingolet to leave if he is #2 and Liverpool decide to sell him, rather than rot away in the reserves!

The Stallion

I don't quite know where to begin with replying to that. It's nonsense on so many levels. In fact I've concluded no sane individual could possibly believe it, so I'll just leave it there.

ONeill

When you see what is capable of winning this league this year, Liverpool don't need to add much. If all sides started with zero points now and played the final 10 games I think it'd be Chelsea-Liverpool-Utd-City - then any other shit.

Unfortunately I'd imagine this Summer will be a record-breaking transfer period.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Stallion on March 03, 2016, 10:37:31 PM
I don't quite know where to begin with replying to that. It's nonsense on so many levels. In fact I've concluded no sane individual could possibly believe it, so I'll just leave it there.

You have it in one. The League is so mad with money, that it has become a nonsense on so many levels. If you believe your theories are the path of a decent Manager, then you are the one who needs to question your own individual sanity. So, We'll just leave it there.  ;D

The Stallion

"Liverpool don't need to add much"

Just a new manager, keeper, left bsck, centre back, three central midfielders and maybe a striker.

Maroon Manc

If only United had got rid of Fergie after giving Jim Leighton a new contract, what might have been!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 04, 2016, 08:22:45 AM

If only United had got rid of Fergie after giving Jim Leighton a new contract, what might have been!!

Holy Batshit...a Manc defending Liverpool?  Is it April 1st?  The world is a-turnin'!