The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

What will happen Ballotelli now? He really is a complete idiot. Some serious bench time ahead.

Shrewdness

The other game in the group was still 0-0 going into injury time.

Captain Obvious

Basel beaten, Liverpool should be good enough to finish second in this group.

laoislad

Basel beaten 1-0.
Best news of the night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Totally out played and we look avery uninspired bunch.

I'd nearly throw Jonesin nets at this stage. Keeper was embarrassing for the third goal.

Thank god Real pulled up.

We need to get a settled 11 and work on bringing some pace into our play.

bennydorano

Quote from: GJL on October 22, 2014, 09:36:58 PM
What will happen Ballotelli now? He really is a complete idiot. Some serious bench time ahead.
Why, cos Sky make a big deal of it? As Ian Dowie said it's a regular occurrence, but that doesn't suit Sky's hyperbolic approach to everything. I'd say Mario was coming off at ht no matter what.

Shrewdness

Ludogorets beat Basel 1-0.. Don't forget they only lost 1-2 at home to Madrid in Sofia which isn't even their home. Could they cause a shock and qualify?

AZOffaly

That Ludogrets result is probably a good one for Liverpool, although real will be through after the next game so I wouldn't bet against them losing in Basel.

Just saw the last half hour, so I can't comment on the game as it was over at that stage, but I have to say Rodgers' comment after the game about ballotelli worried me. He said he took him off because he wanted more energy and work up front. If he EVER thought that was the sort Ballotelli is, then he was completely deluded.

All in all, I'm not overly put out about the results in the CL so far.  Qualifying for it is important financially and prestige wise, but I don't think any Liverpool supporter expected them to pull up trees. I'm more anxious to see things coming together more in the league. That's the bread and butter. Keep qualifying for Europe and you'll start to compete better. But you cannot take your eye off the league.

manfromdelmonte

Borini £10M
Allen - £15M
Assaidi - £2.5M
Sturridge - £12M
Coutinho - £8.5M
Sahin - loan
--------------
Alberto - £7M
Aspas - £7M
Mignolet - £9M
Toure - free
Ilori - £7M
Sakho - £15M
Cissokho - loan
Moses - loan
--------------
Lambert - £4M
Lallana - £25M
Can - £10M
Markovic - £20M
Lovren - £20M
Origi - £10M
Moreno - £12M
Balotelli - £16M
Manquillo - loan

LOL!

supersub

Suarez, Balotelli, Rodgers, defence and the other buzz words being thrown about her are irrelevant when you take into consideration Liverpool are nowhere near Madrid's level. Madrid won comfortably because they are a much better team. Yes maybe Liverpool could beat them in a one off (currently) but Liverpool are out of their depth against Madrid and it showed. Doesn't make them a poor side. Yes they haven't hit the heights of last season but were they all really going to hit the ground running and pick up where they left off with so many changes in personnel? Of course it was more shambolic defending and Balotelli wasn't any use (wouldn't say too many were) but no need to hit the panic button. Hopefully Sturridge comes back in soon and that's the back of his injuries for the forseeable. Mario can sit on the bench then for a bit where he isn't the main man and isn't being relied upon which is something he obviously can't handle. Liverpool have a chance of progressing in the group with the other result tonight but realistically aren't going to go much further than first knockout round depending on the draw, which isn't a bad thing. Good to be back in it but more important to try and get back in next season.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 21, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
Hopefully Liverpool fans will be dignified and respectful tomorrow night when it comes to CR7 and Javier Hernandez. The fact that Ronaldo is an ex and maybe even future United player will hopefully not result in the Liverpool fans booing every time he touches the ball. He is in many people's opinions, the best player in the world, and that fact should be respected regardless of who he has played for in the past.
Happy now?

@bbcsport He might be ex-Man Utd, but Ronaldo has been clapped off at Anfield. Final 10 mins: bbc.in/1zkL0Rn #LFCVSRM pic.twitter.com/zkZ0R6G5z1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 21, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
Hopefully Liverpool fans will be dignified and respectful tomorrow night when it comes to CR7 and Javier Hernandez. The fact that Ronaldo is an ex and maybe even future United player will hopefully not result in the Liverpool fans booing every time he touches the ball. He is in many people's opinions, the best player in the world, and that fact should be respected regardless of who he has played for in the past.

MWWSI 2017

orangeman

What is the not to like about Balotelli ?. Legend.

North Longford

Only watching the highlights now and a very mute point at this stage but could Arbeloas push into Sterlings back after about 5 mins which looks like a certain foul have been actually a red card...if he doesn't push him he looks like he's in on goal. Could it have influenced the ref not giving the foul??? Otherwise 15 mins in now and Liverpool doing great....think they'll take it!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on October 22, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
Basel beaten 1-0.
Best news of the night.

I personally thought Ronny getting his first goal at Anfield was best news of the night .
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea