The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Ah well Lambert's goal keeps Spurs on top of the league.Was that Willie Frazer on the bench beside Rodgers tonight?

Sidney

Lambert should have blasted that chance for 3-2 into the far top corner and then it would have got really interesting.

Defending mistakes cost us but it was a better performance than against Southampton.

Chances created but cutting edge not there without Luis.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on August 25, 2014, 09:54:56 PM
Lambert should have blasted that chance for 3-2 into the far top corner and then it would have got really interesting.

Defending mistakes cost us but it was a better performance than against Southampton.

You won that match ya eejit!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

If Rodgers was reticent about strengthening where it matters, that's a perfect wake up call. He has 6 days or so to get a few decent loans.

Still think Chelsea will walk it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2014, 09:57:46 PM

Did I mention the word "result", ya eejit?

Collie Brolly

Ur spot on about Johnson Lapis lad.I can't stand that Geoff Shreeves.Would love to plant him.

bennydorano

End product missing, superb build up & penetration at times. No need for panic.

Shreeves is a c**k, his stupid style has been bugging the shit out of me lately.

J OGorman

Bingo

First goal was the game changer. Well in the game at that stage.

City very hard place to go and get anything. It's out if the way and not many will get anything there, city a top side.

Need to get two strikers up top and play from there. We'll be grand. No panic.

Minus15

Far too much space in front of back four. Gerrard not the answer as a holding midfielder in games like that against big teams. Great passer and all but sadly the legs just aren't there and when he reacts to the runners it is too late. If there is anywhere we need a new signing it is in midfield!

beer baron

City could put up some ridiculous scores this season i can see them scoring 4 and 5 goals regularly  :o Pretty mad when you think how strong they are  :-[

mikehunt

That was worrying. City didn't have to break sweat. Same story at the back. A coach that can show them how to defend as a team needs to be brought in. The first goal was a mistake but the second and third ones were worse. Lads not going with runners and ball watching, expecting others  to take responsibility.

AZOffaly

Had a coaching meeting so I missed the second half. Sounds like the performance went down though? I worry about the goal threat. We played well in the first half, but never really had a chance. Coutinho wasn't great of what I saw, and he actually missed a few opportunities to slide in Henderson. How did can and markovic do? Who did they replace?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on August 25, 2014, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2014, 09:57:46 PM

Did I mention the word "result", ya eejit?

You just keep calling the predictions lol. Best Hogan Stand poster here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 10:48:59 PM
Had a coaching meeting so I missed the second half. Sounds like the performance went down though? I worry about the goal threat. We played well in the first half, but never really had a chance. Coutinho wasn't great of what I saw, and he actually missed a few opportunities to slide in Henderson. How did can and markovic do? Who did they replace?

Thought the one striker up front left Liverpool a bit toothless. Sturridge just wasn't able to do enough on his own.  Midfield weren't great, particularly Countinho and Allan but as Carragher and Neville pointed out , the big difference were the back 4s City's was tight, not letting anyone get into space in the box whereas Liverpool's back weren't near close enough at times and left gaps that City exploited to get in for the first 2 goals.   Lovren got caught for the third goal badly, left himself in a bad position to let Aguero in.  City are an interesting outfit. They look pedestrian and playing within themselves for large spells, but they can hit a 5 or 10 minute spell where they inject a burst of pace and incision and really open teams up.  Like Chelsea, they're a big powerful side.
That's just, like your opinion man.