The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 29, 2014, 08:39:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 29, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 29, 2014, 07:00:50 PM
A crowd of moaning Minnies the lot of you!!!   Loveren and Lallana will be guaranteed starters and improve the first 11.  Can and Markovic will be stars,  I really think Can will be world class,  he is a real unit.  Markovic is supremely talented but also extremely young.  He will play at least 25 games in the PL this year.  Lambert is an honest to goodness back up striker and will not let the club down.  He will surprise a lot and will chip in with at least 10 PL goals this year.  There is the need for another attacker but wait another while before getting your knickers in a twist,  there will be sales of Assaidi, Agger, and Reina,  the later 2 freeing up a lot of wages money.  Borini may still go.  If the 4 of them go that will bring in probably in the region of £30m with a £12m deal on the cards for Agger to Barca it seems.  The reality is that there is only £5m spent with the sale of Saurez so the budget hasn't even been dipped into.  If these sales go through, and the young spanish lad comes on loan for RB then there is serious money to buy a LB and another attacker.  I reckon there will be a big signing,  maybe not a Reus type one but who knows.

So in other words chill the fcuk out!!!!

Calm down la. If llama is a starter, who drops out from last season?

Ultimately this would be my starting 3

Gerard

Lallana Can

Coutinho is still very young and he and Lallana will rotate, as will Hendo and Can.

I would like this at the minute...

--------Gerrard---Hendo-------
Sterling-----Coutinho----Lallana
--------------Sturridge---------

When we don't have the ball the middle 3 can drop into a 5 man midfield

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gawa316 on July 29, 2014, 08:54:20 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 29, 2014, 08:39:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 29, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 29, 2014, 07:00:50 PM
A crowd of moaning Minnies the lot of you!!!   Loveren and Lallana will be guaranteed starters and improve the first 11.  Can and Markovic will be stars,  I really think Can will be world class,  he is a real unit.  Markovic is supremely talented but also extremely young.  He will play at least 25 games in the PL this year.  Lambert is an honest to goodness back up striker and will not let the club down.  He will surprise a lot and will chip in with at least 10 PL goals this year.  There is the need for another attacker but wait another while before getting your knickers in a twist,  there will be sales of Assaidi, Agger, and Reina,  the later 2 freeing up a lot of wages money.  Borini may still go.  If the 4 of them go that will bring in probably in the region of £30m with a £12m deal on the cards for Agger to Barca it seems.  The reality is that there is only £5m spent with the sale of Saurez so the budget hasn't even been dipped into.  If these sales go through, and the young spanish lad comes on loan for RB then there is serious money to buy a LB and another attacker.  I reckon there will be a big signing,  maybe not a Reus type one but who knows.

So in other words chill the fcuk out!!!!

Calm down la. If llama is a starter, who drops out from last season?

Ultimately this would be my starting 3

Gerard

Lallana Can

Coutinho is still very young and he and Lallana will rotate, as will Hendo and Can.

I would like this at the minute...

--------Gerrard---Hendo-------
Sterling-----Coutinho----Lallana
--------------Sturridge---------

When we don't have the ball the middle 3 can drop into a 5 man midfield

I would say that will be it when lallana is fit again, although from what i have seen of Can, he will be pushing hard as well and will rotate in and out for Gerrard/henderson. Markovic will provide cover for sterling/lallana, but there is still room for one attacking signing (at least) and i think rodgers will be going for a 'first team' player there too.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Walter Cronc

Can world class? Big statement. Based on what BCB.  Did he start many games at Bayer last year or was Bender not first choice holding mid?

gawa316

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 29, 2014, 10:51:38 PM
Can world class? Big statement. Based on what BCB.  Did he start many games at Bayer last year or was Bender not first choice holding mid?

He said will, so not there yet.

He played 30 odd times for BL last year

Shrewdness

Are Liverpool still interested in Ryan Bertrand?...They might be.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 29, 2014, 11:40:23 PM
Are Liverpool still interested in Ryan Bertrand?...They might be.

haven't heard anything from my uncle over there

Rossie11

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 29, 2014, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 29, 2014, 06:15:38 PMI don't see the issue with buying players from Southampton and the like.
We bought John Barnes from Watford and John Aldridge and Ray Houghton from Oxford! I know that was a different era but it's the same principle.
Pochettino might have turned around Southamptons fortunes but he wouldn't have been able to if the players weren't good enough.

I have to agree with gawa I think some of the negativity is over the top,especially with another month of the transfer window left.

Exactly - or would you rather the money was spent on a bunch of unproven players like Spurs did last year?
No I would rather they bought the likes of Sanchez or Vidal. Proven world class players who improve your starting 11.
Liverpool is a recognised brand/club across the globe. Go out and get the best players you can. I feel they have been happy to sell themselves short this transfer window and the momentum
gained from last season has been lost.
Their squad may be better this season but their starting 11 (especially that front 4 mentioned earlier) is not good enough to have a shot at the title or do anything in Europe.

Armamike

It's hard to know. Sometimes the star names from the big clubs don't work out and it's the slightly lesser lights that are picked up from the less glamorous clubs that do the business.  I'm not that fussed where Liverpool get the players from - the key thing is that Rodgers gets the backing from the owners to go for the players he has identifed can fit into his system and style of play.  The vibes are that this has been the case this summer.  It's fine talking about the likes of Sanchez but players like him have to want to come to the club and he clearly didn't, preferring the bright lights of London.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Shrewdness

Is it true that talks resume today for Borini to Sunderland? Thought Liverpool would sign Ryan Bertrand?

quit yo jibbajabba

Bet ye he's fitter than your left back anyway  8)

supersub

Some whining going on here about players and quality/quantity!

Rodgers wants players to fit his system, one marquee signing isn't going to change a season a la Mata last year for Utd. I'm confident we will bring in 2 more biggish players before the close of the window. This added to the others we have brought in do not in essence replace Suarez because there are only two players you could buy who would replace him and not make the team weaker. Instead the signings improve the quality and depth of the squad - people underestimate how many players you need to compete (not just play) in the PL and CL. Our bench will boast game changers for once, as opposed to Aspas or Cissoko or some other tube. We will have players of equal quality to fit into the side - someone asked who drops out of last years team? It could be anyone on any given day, that's what you need, and Liverpool are not used to having this luxury. So what if some of the players have come from Southampton? Does this really matter? I would be confident by the time the window closes our XI and squad will be good enough to challenge at the top this season while progressing out of the group in the CL in the first instance.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 30, 2014, 11:20:07 AM
Is it true that talks resume today for Borini to Sunderland? Thought Liverpool would sign Ryan Bertrand?

Ask your cousins..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 30, 2014, 11:20:07 AM

1st question, no idea. Have you 'heard' something? Why would you be bothered anyway?

2nd question, is really a statement with a question mark on the end. Which one did you mean?

He's away to Southampton on loan so guaranteed we will sign him now.

redhandloo

@LFC: Confirmed @LFC team v @mcfc: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Coates, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Lambert, Sturridge #lfctour
@LFC: Confirmed @mcfc team v #LFC: Caballero, Clichy, Kolarov, Boyata, Nastasic, Fernando, Navas, Zuculini, Milner, Jovetic, Dzeko #lfctour
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

supersub

Jones get serious playing time in preseason for a man who will be on the bench 95% of the season!