The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I thought there was a bit of agitation generally on Suarez's part but I think it has more to do with bo having scored in a while.   He didn't celebrate either when Coutinho scored, he ran and grabbed the ball and started shouting at his team mates to forget about celebration and get the game started again.   The man is a born winner and he is frustrated at the minute.   He sees how close we are but not quite there yet.  I reckon with Kolo out of the team and GJ in at LB then this is the best chance to push on and do something for a very long time and luisito knows that.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 13, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
I thought there was a bit of agitation generally on Suarez's part but I think it has more to do with bo having scored in a while.   He didn't celebrate either when Coutinho scored, he ran and grabbed the ball and started shouting at his team mates to forget about celebration and get the game started again.   The man is a born winner and he is frustrated at the minute.   He sees how close we are but not quite there yet.  I reckon with Kolo out of the team and GJ in at LB then this is the best chance to push on and do something for a very long time and luisito knows that.

noticed that when coutinho scored too, and fair play to suarez, thats exactly the kind of atitude the club need at the minute if theya re going to push one.He set the tone that they werent going to be happy to settle for one point.
Even though he hasnt scored for a while, he is still playing as well as ever i feel
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

I would see Suarez as been fustrated from not scoring - hit the post in last two games - and he looks dead on his feet. Hasn't had a rest in an age and he plays at 100mph all the time. I'll give him a break for the game sunday, which he mightn't like either. I'd hope it isn't a case of him been off cause of the Everton game or that he's been shifted out wide at times since Sturridge came back. A goal V Swansea and he'll be fine. I don't even think he celebrated Gerards peno been scored and its normally a love-in with those two  :D

Be interesting to see how Arsenal approach the cup. They may well for a morale boasting win or conisder the tough run of games they have and rotate. No idea what they'll do.

Liverpool should rest a few, Suarez and either of Sterling/Countinho. Even Flanagan perhaps given his age and recent injuries. Toure should get a good rest. Agger, Kelly, Aspas, Allen can all come in and get a run.

Are in the title race? Without doubt, 4 pts off top and two teams above us to come to Anfield. Can we win it? Maybe, I'd not bet on them or am far from convinced they can but they have to continue to look up rather than behing them.

As Rodgers keeps saying, one game at a time.

deiseach

Here's a cheerful thought. Liverpool have exceeded their points tally for 2011/12 with twelve games to go. Onwards and upwards.

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on February 13, 2014, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 09:04:45 AM
Next game in the Premier League - Chelsea v Everton in the early kick-off on Saturday week. Stick or twist?

Big hansen is right, Liverpool have a real good shout at the title, teams to come to Anfield and the firepower they have at the minute.

Fourth should be a given now, push on for the big one, both Chelsea and City will drop more points.

Or will the jitters kick in??
What Liverpool need is for City Chelsea and Arsenal to stay in the Champions League for as long as possible. The more big midweek games they have to play the better.
A draw in the Chelsea City Cup game would also be welcome.
On the Liverpool Cup game it will be great to be able to relax and let what will be will be. Would be great to beat them and all but if they don't then hey ho there will be 12 league games left which will all be Cup Finals.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

The thing is, if we keep trying to ensure 4th place, and if Spurs make us win all those games to do so, then you may end up suddenly in second or third if the teams above have any rocky spell. I'm hoping Spurs drop points sharpish, because I can't see LFC going on that sort of a run.

EC Unique

Your all just a bunch of chihuahuas'..

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 09:50:04 AM
Here's a cheerful thought. Liverpool have exceeded their points tally for 2011/12 with twelve games to go. Onwards and upwards.

Shouldn't be overlooked. It has been a very good season, in a very competitive year. We've scored a huge amount of goals, just behind City there, and have played some  really nice football as well. If they qualify for the CL, then it will be a fantastic season in terms of building for the future.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 10:01:12 AM
The thing is, if we keep trying to ensure 4th place, and if Spurs make us win all those games to do so, then you may end up suddenly in second or third if the teams above have any rocky spell. I'm hoping Spurs drop points sharpish, because I can't see LFC going on that sort of a run.

The best chance of securing 4th is to try and catch the leaders rather than looking over the shoulder at spurs.

liverpool have a run of home games in march/april thats is: spurs/city/chelsea
after that they could be dreaming about the title or in a real battle to even get 4th
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2014, 10:01:36 AM
Your all just a bunch of chihuahuas'..

Even allowing for the terrible grammer (and i'm a repeat offender on that front), no idea what this means.

AZOffaly

It's humour. Brendan Rodgers laughed at Mourinho's 'little horses' comment and said maybe LFC were the chihuahuas running between the horses legs. Are we in the market for Mexican strikers?

haranguerer

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 13, 2014, 09:27:21 AM
I was just talking to a 'pool fan from London on the phone who was at the game and he is very concerned by poor body language between Suarez and sturridge. I know there was the Everton incident but surely that has now been brushed under the carpet and forgot about between the 2 of them. I sincerely hope someone replies back immediately to dispel my fears about this with concrete assurance that all is well.....

I noticed that too - he clearly doesnt like to be no2 in terms of whos scoring the goals, and it is definitely something that will need managed. Suarez is no1, and in fairness Rodgers seems conscious of that, and does appear to be managing it - taking Sturridge off v Everton after they had their row. Hopefully he'll be back on the scoresheet soon, and that will ease all fears.

deiseach

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:05:07 AM
The best chance of securing 4th is to try and catch the leaders rather than looking over the shoulder at spurs.

after that they could be dreaming about the title or in a real battle to even get 4th

Obviously I'm hoping Liverpool repeat the form of 1982 and 1986 (34 points from their last 36). I'm just trying to rationalise in my head how to view the Chelsea-Everton game. An Everton win increases the slim chances of Liverpool winning the title but reduces the decent chances of Liverpool finishing in the top four. Worth it?

AZOffaly

I wouldn't worry about that one bit. On the pitch Suarez wants to be the main man, but at the same time he has more assists than anyone in the league I think. On the training ground he is apparently one of the best workers, and gets on great with the rest of them.

He always wants to be scoring. He's frustrated when he doesn't. Someone will pay for that shortly, but I'm happy that he is on edge. As long as he doesn't bite someone we're okay.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:05:07 AM

Obviously I'm hoping Liverpool repeat the form of 1982 and 1986 (34 points from their last 36). I'm just trying to rationalise in my head how to view the Chelsea-Everton game. An Everton win increases the slim chances of Liverpool winning the title but reduces the decent chances of Liverpool finishing in the top four. Worth it?

Draw. Draw all day.