The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 09:48:32 AM
Any chance john Henry would cough up the cash for Mata?
I think if there is money there Rodgers should chance a bid

Its so hard for liverpool to attract really top players, i just think it would be a shame to not try at elast now that mata is unsettled and needs to be playing first team football in a world cup year.

I dunno how much liverpool have / or are willing to spend no in january.
TBH i think now is the time for them to spend to try and insure CL football.
If they dont, suarez is gone in the summer and they are back to square one

Mata would be a great signing. Though youd never know how it would unfold with Jose at the helm, then again, its probably more down to the guy bank rolling Chelsea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: deiseach on January 22, 2014, 10:09:00 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 09:48:32 AM
Any chance john Henry would cough up the cash for Mata?
I think if there is money there Rodgers should chance a bid

Its so hard for liverpool to attract really top players, i just think it would be a shame to not try at elast now that mata is unsettled and needs to be playing first team football in a world cup year.

I dunno how much liverpool have / or are willing to spend no in january.
TBH i think now is the time for them to spend to try and insure CL football.
If they dont, suarez is gone in the summer and they are back to square one

It's an interesting idea, but what if they stump up €45 million - it'll have to be that much at least, it would involve a bidding war with Man U - and don't reach the Champions League? Ugh.

well if they dont get into the champions league, suarez will be off, so they will have the 100m or whatever they get for him.
At least they would still have one top player in the squad then, so the rebuilding might not be as bad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 10:58:03 AM
well if they dont get into the champions league, suarez will be off, so they will have the 100m or whatever they get for him.
At least they would still have one top player in the squad then, so the rebuilding might not be as bad

It's a good point. Whatever we'd pay for him though, I'd always feel a little wistful that Ozil went for similar money - not saying Ozil would have signed for us, just that the money would be in the same ball park.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Carmen Stateside

Looks like Salah deal nearly complete.  Know nothing about him but surely wing backs and a defensive midfielder would be priority right now. Hopefully it's not the only signing.

Carmen Stateside

Scrap that deal, Chelsea seem to have come in to the equation for Salah.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Lucas just tweeted he'll be out for a few weeks which is great. Still think we need more options in there though

North Longford

Have to say Borini should be a serious addition next year considering the roasting he gave the best right back in the league/europe/the world/there has ever been (circle as appropriate).

blewuporstuffed

Good to see Borini coming into a bit of form, hopefully he can offer something when he comes back
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 23, 2014, 08:50:44 AM
Good to see Borini coming into a bit of form, hopefully he can offer something when he comes back

:o highly doubt it

deiseach

Quote from: supersub on January 23, 2014, 10:19:21 AM

He did say 'hopefully' ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: deiseach on January 23, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

exactly
what do we have if we don't have hope??
:-\

deiseach

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 23, 2014, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: deiseach on January 23, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

exactly
what do we have if we don't have hope??
:-\

Drugs.

GalwayBayBoy

To be honest I'd prefer him coming off the bench than Aspas.