The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2014, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 02, 2014, 05:26:18 PM
I read there that Arsenal, City and Chelsea have to travel to Anfield in 2014 - you would hope for a few points there surely?

And Spurs,Newcastle and Everton.  The only teams we have to play away who are in the top half of the table are Man U and Southampton.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2014, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 02, 2014, 05:26:18 PM
I read there that Arsenal, City and Chelsea have to travel to Anfield in 2014 - you would hope for a few points there surely?

And Spurs,Newcastle and Everton.  The only teams we have to play away who are in the top half of the table are Man U and Southampton.

Another way of looking at this is that to date, we're in the top 4 mainly due to hammering the shit teams at Anfield. Those banker home points will be drying up a bit in the second half of the season. Let's just hope they can start beating a few of the shit teams away from home to make up the difference.

heganboy

so there's a good few rumors going around on the January transfer window:

• Tello from Barcelona on a loan with a view to permanent

• Mohamed Salah from Basel permanent (seems less likely by the day)

• Anastasio from Napoli (only 17)

• Agyemang-Badu from Udinese

• Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea on loan

• Diame from West Ham

Any thoughts on these, or any other names that are in the mix to be Anfield bound?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: heganboy on January 02, 2014, 09:51:46 PM
so there's a good few rumors going around on the January transfer window:

• Tello from Barcelona on a loan with a view to permanent

• Mohamed Salah from Basel permanent (seems less likely by the day)

• Anastasio from Napoli (only 17)

• Agyemang-Badu from Udinese

• Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea on loan

• Diame from West Ham

Any thoughts on these, or any other names that are in the mix to be Anfield bound?
to be honest, while a couple of them could be decent enough signings, none of them would inspire great confidence of improving the first team dramatically.
Montoya from Barca was another one rumoured, who could be an improvement on the current FB options
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Captain Obvious

Brendan Rodgers charged by the FA over his post match comments after the Manchester City game.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 03, 2014, 05:41:35 PM
Brendan Rodgers charged by the FA over his post match comments after the Manchester City game.
yeah comments like that are unacceptable now that fergie isnt in the PL
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 03, 2014, 06:20:53 PM

Lost count of the number of times Fergie got banned for it. Never made any difference as he kept on speaking his mind and the team kept winning. If Rogers is wise he will do the same.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on January 03, 2014, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 03, 2014, 06:20:53 PM

Lost count of the number of times Fergie got banned for it. Never made any difference as he kept on speaking his mind and the team kept winning. If Rogers is wise he will do the same.

Thought the same myself. He had to be charged for that, but big deal. I think his players will respect him for taking 'them' on.

TabClear

dont think Rodgers will care too much about the charge. I think the managers in general woudl be better served by saying nothing, especially when you look back over the various press confereences where they contradict themselves from one week to the next.

Its one thing sticking up for your players but when they take polar opposite positions on practically identical tackles/dives/decisions depending on whetehr its for or gainst them it means that anything they say is just viewed as hypocritical. Mourinho said after he left Chelsea'"I am no longer Chelsea coach, and I do not have to defend them any more, but I think it is correct if I say Drogba is a diver

Maybe the aim is to try and influence the ref for the next tight decision. Now I'm no referee, but if I were Lee Mason and the next Liverpool game there is a genuinely 50/50 call, I would be making the call against Liverpool just to "prove" that Rodgers comments had not influenced me.

Over the Bar

Did Rodgers keep Stevie G's practice diving board at Anfield or get rid of it?

Gabriel_Hurl

It's getting plenty of use at Carrington these days.

TabClear

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 05, 2014, 02:11:54 AM

I'm sure the United fans like OTB who seem to keep a much closer eye on Liverpool than their own team (which you can understand at the minute) will correct me but I cannot think off too many incidents this season where Liverpool players have been accused of diving. Utd on the other hand between Wellbeck, Young and Janujaz are rarely out of the news.

Januzaj is No 2 in list of Premier League's all-time divers after just 14 games... and Man United have been caught twice as often as any other club this season

Adnan Januzaj has jumped above team-mate Ashley Young to become the second most booked player for simulation in Premier League history.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532542/Adnan-Januzaj-second-booked-Premier-League-player-simulation-just-14-games-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2pW6JZ3by
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

J OGorman

Quote from: TabClear on January 05, 2014, 10:00:32 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 05, 2014, 02:11:54 AM

I'm sure the United fans like OTB who seem to keep a much closer eye on Liverpool than their own team (which you can understand at the minute) will correct me but I cannot think off too many incidents this season where Liverpool players have been accused of diving. Utd on the other hand between Wellbeck, Young and Janujaz are rarely out of the news.

Januzaj is No 2 in list of Premier League's all-time divers after just 14 games... and Man United have been caught twice as often as any other club this season

Adnan Januzaj has jumped above team-mate Ashley Young to become the second most booked player for simulation in Premier League history.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532542/Adnan-Januzaj-second-booked-Premier-League-player-simulation-just-14-games-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2pW6JZ3by
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But theres big hairy giants trying to tackle him and get the ball ...the wee pet

Lecale2

Reports of unusual betting patterns on the Cup game this PM.

J OGorman

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 05, 2014, 12:11:25 PM
Reports of unusual betting patterns on the Cup game this PM.

Wizzy Browns in Muff have just pulled down their shutters...something is on surely