The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: EC Unique on December 29, 2013, 07:03:58 PM
Liverpool's away form really is terrible. Their home record is what has them as high as they are. Any word on transfer targets?

Like I said earlier - all the big teams still to come to Anfield from now on in.

mb80b60

Quote from: J70 on December 29, 2013, 07:07:16 PM
Quote from: mb80b60 on December 29, 2013, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 29, 2013, 06:09:12 PM
How did the ref NOT give Suarez that stonewall penalty after the foul by Eto ?  :o

Because it was Howard Webb? Is that the answer you wanted?

These things even themselves out over the course of the season lads.

Terrible week for Liverpool, wheels badly coming off.

What are you on about?  :o

My first point was bout crying over refereeing decisions, they even themselves out over the season.

My second point was that it was  terrible week for Liverpool.  Rivals have all stolen a march on them and they have zero points from six and dropped four places in the league.  They have no strength in depth and it is beginning to show.

Over the Bar

And now for something completely different.......the best team on Merseyside over the past 5 years is back in pole position! ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 29, 2013, 07:41:30 PM
And now for something completely different.......the best team on Merseyside over the past 5 years is back in pole position! ;)

Glad to see you wrote this on the Liverpool thread. For a minute there I thought you were talking about Everton!

J70

Quote from: mb80b60 on December 29, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
How did the ref NOT give Suarez that stonewall penalty after the foul by Eto ?  :o

My first point was bout crying over refereeing decisions, they even themselves out over the season.

My second point was that it was  terrible week for Liverpool.  Rivals have all stolen a march on them and they have zero points from six and dropped four places in the league.  They have no strength in depth and it is beginning to show.

You said the "wheels" were "badly coming off".

There is no evidence of that. They were extremely unlucky against City. They were second best today in one of the toughest away games there is. No disgrace in that given that Liverpool are unlikely, as we all know, and you say, to have the squad to go all the way to the title without a couple of major transfers in.

Four places dropped doesn't mean a whole lot when you're talking about a bunch of teams separated by a few points.

No argument with the referee point.

laoislad

I said if they take 9 from 15 over Christmas I'd be happy. A win against Hull on New Year's Day and it will be 9 from 15 so I'm happy enough.
Didn't really think we deserved much more today as I thought Chelsea were the better team, I was far more disappointed after the City game as I thought we could and should have gotten a point at the very least.
4th is still and has always been the target. I can see City Arsenal and Chelsea pulling away from the rest now.
It's good that all the big teams and Everton have now been played away from home and I'm still confident we can have a major shout for 4th place and maybe a good run in the FA Cup.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 07:16:28 PM
Liverpool's away form really is terrible. Their home record is what has them as high as they are. Any word on transfer targets?

Like I said earlier - all the big teams still to come to Anfield from now on in.

Makes no odds, the big teams will expect to come away with a result. Some kick in the taws for Liverpool fans; certainly too much gloating over Utd may come back to haunt then. At this moment can't even see them even getting a result against hull.

J70

Quote from: thebigfella on December 29, 2013, 09:00:54 PM

Makes no odds, the big teams will expect to come away with a result. Some kick in the taws for Liverpool fans; certainly too much gloating over Utd may come back to haunt then. At this moment can't even see them even getting a result against hull.

One bad performance away to a top team who bring on a 50m sub while Liverpool bring on an unheard-of teenager and the sky is falling!

Knee-jerk much?

thebigfella

Quote from: J70 on December 29, 2013, 09:22:29 PM

One bad performance away to a top team who bring on a 50m sub while Liverpool bring on an unheard-of teenager and the sky is falling!

Knee-jerk much?

Knee jerk what? No one has said the sky is falling.

Top at Christmas, league won if you listen to some and continued gloating about Utd  ::) Hull are coming off a big confidence win, Liverpool are now for the first time this season under pressure. A loss against Hull almost certainly leaves them under pressure for to even get 4th spot. Then we can talk about the sky falling.

laoislad

Quote from: thebigfella on December 29, 2013, 09:29:53 PM

Knee-jerk much?

Top at Christmas, league won if you listen to some and continued gloating about Utd  ::) Hull are coming off a big confidence win, Liverpool are now for the first time this season under pressure. A loss against Hull almost certainly leaves them under pressure for to even get 4th spot. Then we can talk about the sky falling.
Who exactly said the league was won?
Any Liverpool fan I know and on here said United would be back.  A bit of slagging yeah but no gloating.
Maybe Cold Tea is right about you.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on December 29, 2013, 09:33:01 PM

Knee-jerk much?

Who exactly said the league was won?
Any Liverpool fan I know and on here said United would be back.  A bit of slagging yeah but no gloating.
Maybe Cold Tea is right about you.......

One mans gloating is another mans slagging....

J70

Knee-jerk much?

You must be mixing in a circle of clueless morons if you know people who claimed the league was won.

Liverpool will be under pressure to get fourth even if they hammer Hull FFS! Just like United and Everton and Spurs and probably even Arsenal. It's that tight.

But there is nothing to suggest that Liverpool are not hot favourites to beat Hull.

GalwayBayBoy

They have played 7 of the top 8 away from home so they have had the toughest away set of fixtures of anyone in the league. They will hope that having 7 of the top 8 at home will prove beneficial during the 2nd half of the season.

As for today's game I thought Liverpool looked a bit tired after the efforts of the City game. They couldn't press the ball like they did in that game and gave Chelsea too much room to play in the first half. The same energy just didn't seem there today and they picked up more injuries. Once again they didn't get the rub of the green from the match officials. Hard enough to win at the Ethihad and Stamford Bridge when you are not getting decisions you should be getting.

Liverpool just have to get back to winning ways now. That was the toughest set of games they will face all season and they are still well placed. I do fear the thinness of the squad might sink them though. Hopefully get a couple of new faces in this month and get Gerrard and Sturridge back.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on December 29, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

NO Liverpool on this planet seriously claimed the league was won. Not one.

Knee-jerk much?

You must be mixing in a circle of clueless morons if you know people who claimed the league was won.

Liverpool will be under pressure to get fourth even if they hammer Hull FFS! Just like United and Everton and Spurs and probably even Arsenal. It's that tight.

But there is nothing to suggest that Liverpool are not hot favourites to beat Hull.

mb80b60

Quote from: J70 on December 29, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
Quote from: mb80b60 on December 29, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

You said the "wheels" were "badly coming off".

There is no evidence of that. They were extremely unlucky against City. They were second best today in one of the toughest away games there is. No disgrace in that given that Liverpool are unlikely, as we all know, and you say, to have the squad to go all the way to the title without a couple of major transfers in.

Four places dropped doesn't mean a whole lot when you're talking about a bunch of teams separated by a few points.

No argument with the referee point.

Yes, the wheels are coming off.  The poor squad was exposed today.  That eejit Smith they brought on was clean useless. 

I expect Liverpool to beat Hull easily, but they won't trouble the big boys at the business end of the season.  Plenty of Liverpool fans got a bit giddy over the last month or so, but I'm afraid they'll be left disappointed again.