The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

How did the ref NOT give Suarez that stonewall penalty after the foul by Eto ?  :o

thebigfella

Be tough enough for Liverpool to qualify for the champions league now. Only Utd look to have gone backwards; spurs missing bale but any team would suffer the same. 4th spot up for grabs as arsenal, Chelsea and City will kick on. My money on Everton still being the still best team in Liverpool at the end of the season and qualifying for the champions league.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: orangeman on December 29, 2013, 06:09:12 PM
How did the ref NOT give Suarez that stonewall penalty after the foul by Eto ?  :o

Because it was Howard Webb? Is that the answer you wanted?

J OGorman

Eto lived a charmed life today. Should have had a yellow in the 1st couple of mins and a 2nd for the trip for the penalty agin Suarez.  Big Luiz bossed the engine room.

The Worker

Mourinho saying Suarez should have been booked for the foul by etoo lol

J OGorman

Quote from: The Worker on December 29, 2013, 06:19:08 PM
Mourinho saying Suarez should have been booked for the foul by etoo lol

Lest you forget,  its always the Jose Show

mb80b60

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 06:13:14 PM

These things even themselves out over the course of the season lads.

Terrible week for Liverpool, wheels badly coming off.

heganboy

played reasonably well, the cupboard was bare when young smith came on. Whilst its great to see how well they are playing, the pinging the ball around and first positive touch is something we haven't seen in many years and is a fantastic reflection on Rodgers, but Willian's performance did show how much Liverpool are behind in terms of the transfer market. To have been top at Christmas with this squad is a hell of an achievement, but to make the top4 will take a fully healthy squad the rest of the year, and likely a reinforcement or two in the next few weeks.
disappointed that no points were taken from those two big games, but Liverpool were very close, and top 4 is a reasonable expectation.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

moysider

Don t think any wheels came off. Losing by the odd goal to City and Chelsea on the road is not a disaster.

SHEEDY

don't think the wheels have come off for Liverpool at all, watched both their games over Christmas and thought they played well in both especially the city game. top4 is their for the taking and I would have Liverpool slight favourites to snatch the final spot. I feel city, Chelsea and arsenal will pull away from the rest of the pack and the last spot is there for whichever team goes on a run in the next few months.
nil satis nisi optimum

From the Bunker

As most of us know 4th is what the reasonable Liverpool fan expects this season. Talk of winning the league is/was just fantasy fan stuff! There are three certainties for the top three places Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal. The last place is up for grabs between Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Spurs and to an even lesser extent Newcastle. I fancy Man U for 4th. I even believe they will get there with games in hand. Which would leave Liverpool FC in no mans land again.

Tony Baloney

Table definitely taking shape at the halfway point. United have been hit and miss but are now lurking ominously. Still have my concerns about Liverpool having the squad for the run-in and I feel are destined for 5th. Can't see Everton, Spurs or Newcastle mounting any serious challenge so it is very much a case of the usual suspects plus hopefully] Liverpool snatching 4th (big ask!).

^What he said!

Captain Obvious

Top four finish according to http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/premier-league?ev_oc_grp_ids=111188

Liverpool 5/6 Man Utd 11/10 Everton 11/4 Tottenham 7/2 Newcastle 25/1

EC Unique

Liverpool's away form really is terrible. Their home record is what has them as high as they are. Any word on transfer targets?

J70

Quote from: mb80b60 on December 29, 2013, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 06:13:14 PM

These things even themselves out over the course of the season lads.

Terrible week for Liverpool, wheels badly coming off.

What are you on about?  :o