The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Chelsea for me with City 2nd and Liverpool 3rd

Mikhailov

Hard to fathom but we could be 4th before kick off v city. Everton, gooners and chelski can all pass us with a win and gooners/chelski have 2 chances. However, I remain positive and expect us to be in top 4 at 1st Jan evening and still be there at end of Jan when the table will have more clarity about it hopefully with maybe 1 / 2 teams fell away by that stage.

Any rumours on jan signings yet.....

J70

The world will not end if Liverpool are not top or even top 4 next week. They have two of their hardest three or four away games coming, and there are no teams which would expect 6 or even 4 points from those. Liverpool will, at worst, still be just a couple of points off the top 4. Then it will be someone else's turn to have the tough away games, just like it was Arsenal before them.

J OGorman

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2013, 03:38:17 PM
The world will not end if Liverpool are not top or even top 4 next week. They have two of their hardest three or four away games coming, and there are no teams which would expect 6 or even 4 points from those. Liverpool will, at worst, still be just a couple of points off the top 4. Then it will be someone else's turn to have the tough away games, just like it was Arsenal before them.

worth a £5 on Liverpool running through the Christmas period unbeaten? Must be decent odds

J OGorman

Quote from: J OGorman on December 23, 2013, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2013, 03:38:17 PM

worth a £5 on Liverpool running through the Christmas period unbeaten? Must be decent odds

£5 equates to £100 / £110 for the 3 league matches over christmas according to a boy at work who is never done giving his wages to the bookies. (you'd hardly even miss a fiver) :-)

Mikhailov

£5 equates to £100 / £110 for the 3 league matches over christmas according to a boy at work who is never done giving his wages to the bookies. (you'd hardly even miss a fiver) :-)

I would say that is for all wins which would be possible but not likely - however I wouldn't rule it out. Your initial quote was to remain unbeaten and I would say the odds are dramatically lower than 20/1 on that.

Good year for you J, the shamrocks and pool both going great guns - hope they both keep it up well into the New year. It would be great if shamrocks win AI and pool still going strong come 17th march !!

thewobbler

Speaking of odds, while it's testament to how well Liverpool are going a present, a price of 4/5 for Man City at home is basically a giant Christmas present from the bookies.

- - - -

Man City at home:

Played: 8
Won: 8
Scored: 35
Conceded: 5

J OGorman

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 23, 2013, 04:09:52 PM

I would say that is for all wins which would be possible but not likely - however I wouldn't rule it out. Your initial quote was to remain unbeaten and I would say the odds are dramatically lower than 20/1 on that.

Good year for you J, the shamrocks and pool both going great guns - hope they both keep it up well into the New year. It would be great if shamrocks win AI and pool still going strong come 17th march !!

not a Shamrocks man sir, just a lover of Derry GAA :-) . A north Derry man for my sins. Liverpool wise, was a huge fan growing up, more of a passing interest now. Prob post more on the liverpool forum this last wee while as I got a job in the public sector ! Happy christmas

Minder

Quote from: J OGorman on December 23, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

not a Shamrocks man sir, just a lover of Derry GAA :-) . A north Derry man for my sins. Liverpool wise, was a huge fan growing up, more of a passing interest now. Prob post more on the liverpool forum this last wee while as I got a job in the public sector ! Happy christmas

Is it not blocked ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J OGorman

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2013, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on December 23, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Is it not blocked ?!

dns name yes ie gaaboard.com, but you can get in another way (no proxies etc). PM me for details (you can test it Minder on your network)

Fuzzman

It is nice to be top at any time and especially for Christmas and the New Year but I think those top 5 teams will all take points off each other and you will see it remaining tight well into the New Year.

I've been saying the past number of weeks that Everton have beaten Stoke, Man Utd, drew with Arsenal, beaten Fulham & now beaten Swansea and the whole time we never moved above 5th. It's fierce tight up there with most of us wary of Man City & Chelsea getting their act together.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 23, 2013, 05:10:57 PM
It is nice to be top at any time and especially for Christmas and the New Year but I think those top 5 teams will all take points off each other and you will see it remaining tight well into the New Year.

I've been saying the past number of weeks that Everton have beaten Stoke, Man Utd, drew with Arsenal, beaten Fulham & now beaten Swansea and the whole time we never moved above 5th. It's fierce tight up there with most of us wary of Man City & Chelsea getting their act together.

I'd make that a top 8 teams. You can add in Spurs, Newcastle and (especially) Man Utd as well.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on December 23, 2013, 04:21:29 PM
Speaking of odds, while it's testament to how well Liverpool are going a present, a price of 4/5 for Man City at home is basically a giant Christmas present from the bookies.

- - - -

Man City at home:

Played: 8
Won: 8
Scored: 35
Conceded: 5

Liverpool will need to defend better than Arsenal or Tottenham did away to Manchester City and if City continue to defend like they did in the last few games Luis Suárez will score a few goals against them. No Aguero for City either.

What price odds on another result like this? http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/21218443

rodney trotter

City aren't totally reliant on aguero, plenty of goal scoring players in the side

laoislad

And the Christmas No.1 is........... :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.