The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2012, 10:40:22 AM
Heard of the O'Hanlon lad alright. Yeah, seems to be changed times in terms of uprooting kids, now they uproot the whole family! Sure Dublin lads get homesick going to the beach in Bettystown.

Bettystown would make anyone sick....

ziggy90

'Liverpool signed a young Irish fella called Conor Materson today from Lucan for €1million.
13 years old'

Are you serious? To who do they pay the 'ransom'? (His parents and/or club). Maybe I'm being stupid naive but I can't get my head around these figures. How does anyone know how a 13 year old will develop? Where is there a precedent for this? ( Again I'm showing my naivety).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Bingo

Quote from: ziggy90 on August 01, 2012, 11:34:56 AM
'Liverpool signed a young Irish fella called Conor Materson today from Lucan for €1million.
13 years old'

Are you serious? To who do they pay the 'ransom'? (His parents and/or club). Maybe I'm being stupid naive but I can't get my head around these figures. How does anyone know how a 13 year old will develop? Where is there a precedent for this? ( Again I'm showing my naivety).

I doubt 1m has changed hands and that its probably a case that the deal will be worth up to 1m if it all goes well - his club get compensated, signing on fee for the player, relocation expenses for the family etc. He actually won't go fulltime to Liverpool till he is 16 but will be over for regular visits and assessments in the meantime.

Its crazy figures alright but they must see some value in it for the gamble they taken.

ziggy90

That's more like it, I know clubs have to take a punt on a player (very worthwhile if/when it comes off) but these are crazy sums.

Bingo

Seems Carroll hasn't travelled to Belarus for the Europa league tie tomorrow.

ziggy90

gawa316

Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2012, 12:29:18 PM

Thought I heard he was named in squad.

Has he been pulled to conclude a deal?

Bingo

Quote from: gawa316 on August 01, 2012, 12:32:47 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2012, 12:29:18 PM

Thought I heard he was named in squad.

Has he been pulled to conclude a deal?

He was named in squad but now saying he didn't travel on flight this morning - Ben Smith and Nick Parrott from BBC saying this. They have largely been claiming the West Ham deal as their own the last few days as well.

blewuporstuffed

looking like the Jow allen deal is almost done aswell. reports of 12.5m plus a player on loan for the seaon( thought to be john-jo)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minus15

EagleLord

great link cheers. great commentary. love it haha  ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

supersub

700th Appearance

Gerrard been awful as have Liverpool in general!

Minus15

Carra's 700th game for the club tonight.

Jesus that was a poor showing of a first half. Created nothing and defended poorly giving the ball away in dangerous areas. I would have Jonjo or Charlie on for Spearing for second half and try and get some forward passes going.