The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzler

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 26, 2012, 10:18:51 AM
QuoteWhen is that game on? Is it tonight....

Team GB vs Senegal tonight at 8 o'clock.

So it's tonight then it's on tonight...
Good.

CitySlicker11

Wonder if and when Ryan McLaughlin will transfer over to the ROI, anyone got thoughts on this? Could be potential right back for Ireland.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on July 26, 2012, 10:16:22 AM
Rodgers seems set on Allen alright and if Liverpool want him, I imagine they'll have to pay. Big money again on back of one season. It will soon be impossible to buy a player from another premiership club, inflated fees are a joke when you look at what other imports cost.

Defeated last night but still missing the majority of the squad and what senior players are there are been divided to play either half with the younger players making up most of players. The young NI player, Ryan McLaughlin, looked solid at RB last night.

Will probably see a stronger team V Spurs at weekend.

Watched first half an hour of game last night.
Roma were far the stronger team.Sterling looked very good though from the bits I saw, I wonder will he play much a part of the season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Suarez getting some unfair abuse at Old Trafford.
It's not like he done anything to deserve the booing.

Carmen Stateside

Heading to Baltimore in morning to see what this Rodgers man is all about.  Expect a few drunken updates :)

laoislad

0-0 v the Spuds tonight,only saw bits of it and it didnt look like a great game.
Europa League up next.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 27, 2012, 05:42:34 AM
Heading to Baltimore in morning to see what this Rodgers man is all about.  Expect a few drunken updates :)
You take any pints in the No Idea Tavern? A lot of #LFC twitter traffic coming from there today. Baltimore looked like it was hotter than hell too!  8)

Carmen Stateside

Just on way home, after a great weekend. No idea was great before the game, a lot of liverpool fans met there and marched together the mile or so to the game. As for the game, heat destroyed it.  It was nearly unbearable in the stadium itself, several around us passed out.  Stevie G got a great reception as did big Andy. Downing, Lucas,Sterling and Joe cole impressed.

laoislad

Uruguay beaten in Olympics.
No harm, be great to get Suarez and Coates back early.

Hound

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 26, 2012, 01:26:44 PM
Wonder if and when Ryan McLaughlin will transfer over to the ROI, anyone got thoughts on this? Could be potential right back for Ireland.
ESPN commentator said that Jonjo Shelvey, while he has played at U21 level for England, is still eligible to play senior international for Ireland or Scotland.

I think he's been LFC's best player over the 3 pre-season matches to date (particularly good v Roma), but that's not saying a whole heap.

omagh_gael

Gareth Bale calling Charlie Adam a coward on BBC sport. Apparently he was subject to another particularly OTT challenge from him over in the USA following a lengthy injury a few years ago courtesy of Mr Adam. Cant post link as on a crap phone.   

Bingo

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2012, 10:17:40 AM
Gareth Bale calling Charlie Adam a coward on BBC sport. Apparently he was subject to another particularly OTT challenge from him over in the USA following a lengthy injury a few years ago courtesy of Mr Adam. Cant post link as on a crap phone.

Seems to be something between them, well from Adam anyway. Although Adam is woeful at tackling and always seems to be late, maybe Bale just hadn't be on end of worse one, as the tackle in the league match was very bad.

If it was so bad the other night, why did Bale play on for another 30mins after it?

screenexile

Quote from: Bingo on July 30, 2012, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2012, 10:17:40 AM

Seems to be something between them, well from Adam anyway. Although Adam is woeful at tackling and always seems to be late, maybe Bale just hadn't be on end of worse one, as the tackle in the league match was very bad.

If it was so bad the other night, why did Bale play on for another 30mins after it?

Should he not be at the Olympics anyway??!!

nifan

Adam previous tackle on him was a bad one - this one wasnt near as bad, but obviously some bad blood now.
Adam is a liability at tackling anyway - hes usually a bit slow being where he needs to be

brokencrossbar1

Aqualani on the way out, no more talk about Andy Carroll going and Joe Allen likely to come in.  Think that will be the summers business done unless something stupid around Agger or Skertl happens.  Hopefully team GB beat Uruguay as I would prefer to have Suarez and Coates resting.  Bellamy may leave as well.  I would be happy that there is no real business done in this window as BR needs to find out where his real needs are.  The reality is that last seasons the lose of Lucas was immeasurable.  I would like to think Downing cannot be as bad this season and that AC will continue to grow into his game.  Come January if they are around 5th-6th but within shouting distance of 4th then you would have to be happy.  At least buck would know by then who does and doesn't fit his system. 

Anyway, time to get my annual dose of delusion and say, it's our year lads, I can feel it in my bones!