The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Was sad to see King Kenny go, I myself would have waited another year or until Christmas at least. 
Martinez, no thank you!  My own choice would be Rafa, well actually guardiola would be my first choice can't see either happening.  Rafa would want total control which the Owners would not want as it would not fit into there plans. Going by Ayre interview they seem to want to employ several people to do Comollis job. 
After those two it would come down to AVB or Brendan Rodgers. For some reason I would actually like Rodgers, he seems to have that authoritive look that AVB doesn't which in a way was his downfall at Chelsea, and also plays decent football.

deiseach

You can ignore what I think about it all by not clicking here.

Geoff Tipps

Brendan Rodgers turns down chance to speak to Liverpool according to various news outlets.

deiseach

Rodgers was burned by his Reading experience, can't say I blame him for wanting to remain a big fish in a small pond

EC Unique

Liverpool fans should stop embarrassing themselves by mentioning Guardiola. It would be like Mickey Harte going to manage Antrim FFS. ;D

Billys Boots

Are they not even going to try to talk to Klopp.  He seems to me to be an obvious choice - of course he may see it as a downward move (no offence intended). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 18, 2012, 10:18:35 AM
Are they not even going to try to talk to Klopp.  He seems to me to be an obvious choice - of course he may see it as a downward move (no offence intended).
He's not being mentioned due to the fact that many supporters don't know who he is. He has to be on the shortlist surely.

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on May 18, 2012, 10:20:55 AM
He's not being mentioned due to the fact that many supporters don't know who he is. He has to be on the shortlist surely.

That's nonsense, I suspect you know that though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Glad to see Kenny go.

Great footballer? Yes

Got what it takes to be a great manager? No.

Here is what I think it takes to be a great manager...

1) Tactical genius - can read games, counteract opposition tactics and change instructions midflight to win games
2) Shrewd purchasing - buy great players past their peak but are cheap. Buy young players cheap with great potential
3) Get the best out of players - this starts with respect for the manager, but also requires fantastic people skills
4) Nuture the potential

I would give Kenny 2 out of 4
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on May 18, 2012, 10:22:29 AM

Obviously the Liverpool lads on here know who he is, just the sky sports news/star/sun crew probably don't.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on May 18, 2012, 10:16:15 AM
Liverpool fans should stop embarrassing themselves by mentioning Guardiola. It would be like Mickey Harte going to manage Antrim FFS. ;D

No-one is seriously thinking of Guardiola. There's more strawmen on this thread than in the army of that Chinese emperor who ran out of terracotta

brokencrossbar1

I think he is not being mentioned that much as he is not likely to leave a team that has just won back to back titles and is going to have a punt at next seasons CL.  He would be the ideal manager but is unlikely to be available.  I am glad that Rodgers has ruled himself out, I don't think anyone actually ruled him in though!

As for Guardiola, he is not an option and no one actually sees him as such, anyone who has mentioned him has followed it by saying he won't be manager. 

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on May 18, 2012, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 18, 2012, 10:22:29 AM

Obviously the Liverpool lads on here know who he is, just the sky sports news/star/sun crew probably don't.

I've seen him mentioned plenty and he'd be well up on any polls on LFC forums. I doubt Sky would have much interest as he isn't showbiz enough when they can get the likes of Dave Whelan on the phone to give quote after quote.

Re EC's comments of Pep. Do i think he will be next manager? Not likely or even remotely likely. Should Liverpool put in a phone call or at the very least ask if he is willing to meet about it. Yes, most definately, no harm in asking.

winghalfun

Goodbye, good luck and thank you for trying Kenny.

Yourself, Alex Ferguson, David Moyes and Arsene Wenger the only managers left where the club runs deep through your veins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3plY4YBpJU&feature=fvwrel

Billys Boots

But Klopp is probably going to lose Kagawa and Gotze (and who knows to Bayern) which will probably make Dortmund less viable as a CL prospect in the short-medium term unless they reinvest (I know Gotze has a longish contract and they'll get a mint for him, but don't really know what they'll get for Nagawa). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...