The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

So the 'leaked' one I seen a few month back turned out to be the right one, nice one. I like it. I assume there away is black and the third is purple, as per the pic I seen. Think someone posted it a while back, if not me maybe. Any idea when they will reveal them?

AZOffaly

I would have preferred the two eternal flames either side of the Liverbird. I love the old crest, but the flames are important to the club as well.

EC Unique

QuoteLiverpool are ready to let Kenny Dalglish carry on as manager - but with a vastly-reduced budget for signings.

The Kop chief spent £108million on just six players, including Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson, in 2011.

But it has been made clear to him that those days are over and he has now started to seek bargain signings instead - including free agents.

Dalglish delivered the Carling Cup in February and got to the FA Cup Final but failed to qualify for the Champions League, despite that huge outlay.

The club's American owners, Fenway Sports Group, have decided to rein in the huge spending - a move which could actually benefit Dalglish, who is now more likely to give some of last year's big-name signings a second crack at proving themselves rather than sign replacements.     

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-staying-as-liverpool-manager-827722

Bingo

I like the kit on first look, will hold final judgement until i see the material and collars in person.

But the redness, badge and retro look, is all good.

At least it won't be mistaken for a tablecloth.

Capt Pat

There is no harm in giving Andy Carroll a second chance to show he is worth it. We would only get half what he is worth at this point, he is a huge talent.

Who might we get as a free agent.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2012, 10:32:29 AM
QuoteLiverpool are ready to let Kenny Dalglish carry on as manager - but with a vastly-reduced budget for signings.

The Kop chief spent £108million on just six players, including Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson, in 2011.

But it has been made clear to him that those days are over and he has now started to seek bargain signings instead - including free agents.

Dalglish delivered the Carling Cup in February and got to the FA Cup Final but failed to qualify for the Champions League, despite that huge outlay.

The club's American owners, Fenway Sports Group, have decided to rein in the huge spending - a move which could actually benefit Dalglish, who is now more likely to give some of last year's big-name signings a second crack at proving themselves rather than sign replacements.     

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-staying-as-liverpool-manager-827722

if that is proved to be true, letting maxi and Kuyt go would be a strange move would it not? if the funds arent gonna be there to replace them with players of a better quality.
hopefully they can get Cole & Aqua of the wage bill
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 11, 2012, 12:45:20 PM
if that is proved to be true, letting maxi and Kuyt go would be a strange move would it not? if the funds arent gonna be there to replace them with players of a better quality.

Its the mirror/tabloid FFS, they'll run a story next week saying he is been handed a warchest and will be selling XYZ.

Then whichever happens they run the relevant story as an "exclusively revealed by the mirror on" big back page spread and pat themselves on the back. Cover all the bases, cheap and easy journalism.

brokencrossbar1

First things first it's the Mirror and they are renowned for spewing shite.  Secondly, there's no sources or quotes so I would say it's a pile of horse dung.  He will get what is needed so long as the wage bill is reduced and that is why Maxi and Kuyt will go along with Aqua, COle, Aurelio and maybe 1 or 2 more.  I see too that Ian Cotton, head of comunications is gone as well.  Maybe not a bad thing given the way the whole Saurez thing was handled.  So with him, Commolli and Bruckner gone from the staff FSG really putting their authority to work.

Gazzler

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 11, 2012, 01:07:13 PM

First things first it's the Mirror and they are renowned for spewing shite.
A bit like EC Unique's posts!

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2012, 01:00:17 PM

Its the mirror/tabloid FFS, they'll run a story next week saying he is been handed a warchest and will be selling XYZ.

Then whichever happens they run the relevant story as an "exclusively revealed by the mirror on" big back page spread and pat themselves on the back. Cover all the bases, cheap and easy journalism.
Exactly.
Amazes me how lads can get carried away with whatever headline they see in these papers.
Silly season will be starting soon with 100+ players linked with Liverpool every week.

Though I did read its almost certain Messi is gonna sign for us so I'm confident that will happen.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2012, 01:23:31 PM

Though I did read its almost certain Messi is gonna sign for us so I'm confident that will happen.

Great another 'racist'...that's all we need!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 11, 2012, 09:57:27 AM
I would have preferred the two eternal flames either side of the Liverbird. I love the old crest, but the flames are important to the club as well.

Think they are on the back of the kit near the neck.

Bingo

Quote from: gawa316 on May 11, 2012, 01:25:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2012, 01:23:31 PM

Great another 'racist'...that's all we need!!!

In fairness, he could have KKK tattoed across his head and burn a cross after every goal he scores and I'd still play him  ;)

Bensars

What does it say on the left hand side oppisite the crest?

who makes them ?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bensars on May 11, 2012, 01:59:08 PM
What does it say on the left hand side oppisite the crest?

who makes them ?
Warrior

some american sports crowd
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either