The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

the old sayin "he gave the keeper no chance" is exactly way liverpool arent doing.   
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

everymanaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 26, 2011, 05:19:25 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 26, 2011, 05:09:02 PM
What is it with visiting goalkeepers at Anfield?

I would love to be a goalkeeper going to play at Anfield. Even though I've never played in goal in my life I would probably have a stormer.

Seriously though the list of visiting goalkeepers who have been man of the match at Anfield this season is getting long. Hart, Vorm, Ruddy, Bunn. Granted in those matches they all pulled off a string of incredible saves but they are still being given the opportunity to make those saves. Finish better and they shouldn't even get the chance.

A veritable who's who of the goalkeeping fraternity in the Premier League

EC Unique

Gabriel_Hurl

new devil

I suppose diving is the normal thing in him home country too  :D

supersub

Yeah...except unlike Mr Ronaldo, he doesn't trip himself intentionally ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: new devil on December 27, 2011, 10:09:26 AM

I suppose diving is the normal thing in him home country too  :D

Justice for Saurez. Let's design a t-shirt.

J70

Why don't you idiots whose main contributions are juvenile or blinkered comments about Liverpool/United f**k off and start a thread dedicated to that so the rest of us can more easily ignore your worthless comments?

Captain Obvious

Transfer window opened shortly how many players do you guys think Liverpool need or will buy?

Minder

Rumours that they are willing to listen to offers for Carroll, highly unlikely I would have thought with the  Suarez ban to come.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2011, 03:53:46 PM
Rumours that they are willing to listen to offers for Carroll, highly unlikely I would have thought with the  Suarez ban to come.

In fairness minder he is a complete failure. Bellamy would be streets ahead. Why not take a loss on selling him and buy another striker? Anybody would be a better option at this stage as his confidence is bound to be zero.

Captain Obvious

How about a late bid for Mr Tevez?

J70

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2011, 03:53:46 PM

They might be better off taking the loss and getting a proven striker if it means getting that fourth place. If the owners are patient enough to forgo qualification for the champions league, then they should perservere and see if he can develop. Carroll is not the only problem. A few goals from midfield wouldn't hurt and would help draw teams out. As it is, they're sitting defending a lead or a draw whenever they come to Anfield knowing Liverpool probably won't convert too many of their chances, most of which are missed under pressure from defenders. Maybe Gerrard's return might help.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gerrards absence has caused a big problem in the goal scoring stakes alright.

I'd perservere with Big Andy yetr. Apart from the City game last season - yesterday was his best game for us yet.

This run in the team will help him big time.

If we're talking replacements though - Podolski is there and available