The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2011, 10:03:59 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 19, 2011, 09:22:31 PM
I would like though a punt on a natural finisher in January, even on a short term thing.
Sure Kenny should give Fergie a call as this natural finisher should be fit by January.

Yeah, I'd have the 2001 Michael Owen in a flash. Can we have the 1966 Roger Hunt as well?

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 19, 2011, 10:24:40 PM

True although he was found by the FA hearing at the time to have provided evidence that was "exaggerated and unreliable". So whether this will be taken into account this time around remains to be seen.

you might want to check your facts too.

heganboy

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2011, 09:40:37 AM
Andy Carroll - Rory Donnelly direct swap?

Dalglish directly in contact with Cliftonville at the weekend
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

supersub

Directly in contact with Donnelly today!

angermanagement

Quote from: heganboy on December 20, 2011, 11:33:04 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2011, 09:40:37 AM
Andy Carroll - Rory Donnelly direct swap?

Dalglish directly in contact with Cliftonville at the weekend

Kenny confirmed he's spoken to Cliftonville about Rory Donnelly: "I spoke to the chairman, it was nice of him to tell everybody!"

Gabriel_Hurl

Eight game ban and 40k fine for Suarez

Hashtag

Rory Donnelly will replace him don't worry.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 20, 2011, 08:03:45 PM
Eight game ban and 40k fine for Suarez
Rumours on twatter were true so. Time for Carroll to step up.

Up The Middle

Be interesting to see what the england captain gets now, should be at least double. They have come down very hard on suarez who in my opinion had a very good defense in that it isn't a racial term in his own country or language.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

cicfada

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 20, 2011, 08:17:29 PM
Be interesting to see what the england captain gets now, should be at least double. They have come down very hard on suarez who in my opinion had a very good defense in that it isn't a racial term in his own country or language.

He isn't playing in his own country though!!! Maybe someone should have told him especially any spanish speaking players at the Club!! Will be interesting to see how much ofa   ban John Terry gets now but of course he is english captain and that counts for something!

Forever Green

While Suarez gets this punishment, that other tube Terry will get off no bother. I would agree with the punishment but I just cant see the English giving out the same ban to one of their own. Hopefully I`m wrong though

Up The Middle

Hopefully on appeal this can be at least halved, for liverpools sake at least
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

cicfada

Didn't Suarez play in Holland as well, surely to God that spanish phrase would not have gone down well there either! what an idiot!

Bingo

Strong statement in Liverpool website from club, still supporting him and are shocked at outcome as they say the FA and evra both said Suarez is not a racist and is of mixed race himself.

GalwayBayBoy

Wow. Pretty shocked to see him get an 8 game ban and effectively branded a racist by the FA considering the case is basically one person's word against another. Unless the FA have some actual evidence that nobody has seen or heard yet (which you have to think is unlikely as it would have emerged long ago) it's a very dodgy road they are going down. The Terry case will certainly come in for some major scrutiny now whenever the police hand it over to the FA.

Seems the ban doesn't start for 14 days so you would imagine Liverpool will appeal depending on the reasons for the judgement which could hold the whole thing up again. Plus you would have to wonder about Suarez's long term future in England now. He may decide in the Summer to move on.