The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

I watched the game on Saturday. Wasn't overlly impressed with Liverpool... though it'll take time for the newer players to settle.

Defence looked solid again, thought Arsenal would have played Theo through the middle to test Carra a bit though.

Midfield & forwards - only Downing impressed me. He's got good touch & delivery. The ball seemed to bounce of Henderson, Kuy & Carroll constantly. Terrible touch.

Suarez is excellent.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 22, 2011, 10:58:37 AM
Quote from: Bingo on August 22, 2011, 09:39:01 AM
Solid if unspectactular display on Saturday but going to emirates its all about getting the 3 points and in that case, it was job done.

Thought Liverpool looked very solid and rarely looked under pressure for any prolonged spells. Players still getting used to each other in midfield but we definately lacked the movement of Suarez and Raul for first 70 mins, with Carroll, Kuyt and even Henderson, they don't get about as much or have the guile that the other two bring.

But it'll come as the confidence grows. Two full backs were excellent. One annoying thing was that Downing seemed to spend more time on right wing rather than his natural left - this meant slow ball into carroll. When enrique did put on e decent ball onto him he forced the keeper into a save. When Downing went left for last 15 mins he casued more problems even though Jenkinson was struggling at that stage and arsenal had 15 but he seemed more comfortable and dangerous.

Roll on Exeter!

I'm going to watch it again tonight but I'm pretty sure he at least spent most of the first half playing on the left. Perhaps he spent the first part of the second half on the right.
Anyways agree with you on the full backs. They were excellent. Especially glad to see Kelly back to the form he showed last season. He's a class act.
Have to disagree with some on here who thought Adam was poor. I thought he played well. Yeah some of his long passing isn't always going to come offf but that's the game he plays. We were lucky to meet them at this stage in the season but we'll take the 3 points.
One more thing, we need to get the Meireles situation sorted. Selling him would be crazy.

Defensively solid, tight in MF with Lucas and Adam doing well creating the "tick over" ball, attack stil not quite there yet but encouraging signs and I don't care what anyone says, Carroll will be a beast for team this year, Suarez being eased back into it after the Copa, KK moreorless said he was wrong to start him last week.  Raul will not be going anywhere, AA is in talks with Milan and will probably join them.  This will free up wages for Cahill.  I believe Cahill will join and that the club are playing a waiting game.  If he doesn't sign with anyone before the end of the month then he can move for free from january onwards so they will put in a cheeky low bid around the 30th of the month and test Bolton, N'Gog will go the other way and I think they will be able to get Cahill for £10m.  Need to have someone to back up the strikers.  Rodellega is being possibly touted, I would be a bit underwhelmed to say the least.  I would have liked to see them go for Shane Long, but he may not have wanted to play as a back up striker.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: onefaircounty on August 21, 2011, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 21, 2011, 05:14:54 PM
I wouldn't just attribute it to scousers. It seems to be a very English thing.

Boss is a very common Scouse term - i'll not use it again though.

Its a quite "common" Scouse term alright. A Scouse friend of mine told me she hates the phrase and would never use it, but she uses it all the time, so I just repeat the word every time she says it. She says it so often I think I am begining to annoy her at this stage  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 22, 2011, 11:05:25 AM
The ball seemed to bounce of Henderson, Kuy & Carroll constantly. Terrible touch.

Henderson made the most successful passes of anyone on the field on either team. His touch couldn't have been that bad. Dirk did have one of those days when the ball just wouldn't stick for him alright.

AZOffaly

Dirk has one of those days every day. I saw the banner in the crowd 'Dirk Kuyt Works Hard' and I had to smile. Dirk needs to work as hard on his touch and passing as he does on his fitness and chasing down.

If he was as comfortable on the ball as a Meireles, Suarez or Adam, he'd be a fantastic player.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2011, 01:33:58 PM
Dirk has one of those days every day. I saw the banner in the crowd 'Dirk Kuyt Works Hard' and I had to smile. Dirk needs to work as hard on his touch and passing as he does on his fitness and chasing down.

If he was as comfortable on the ball as a Meireles, Suarez or Adam, he'd be a fantastic player.

Or if they worked like he did....

Every team needs it's water carrier!

AZOffaly

If that's supposed to be a reference to Didier Deschamps, then you owe the frenchman an apology. He was decent at keeping possession.

Also, in general, water carriers tend to be defensive midfielder types, not forwards/wingers. I like Kuyt and his work ethic, but f**k me, he can trap the ball further than I can kick it.

quit yo jibbajabba

while on the topic, it appears that enter my mam (inter milan) have put in a bid for the dirkster....going by f365 website....interesting.....

EagleLord

Just read on teletext that 'Liverpool may be interested in a swap deal with chelsea, Raul Merelies for Daniel Sturridge'.... They better not be serious...

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 22, 2011, 03:02:51 PM
while on the topic, it appears that enter my mam (inter milan) have put in a bid for the dirkster....going by f365 website....interesting.....

It was only a matter of time... How could Inter resist the sheer technique of the Dirkster... Surely the swap for Sneijder is on... :D

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: EagleLord on August 22, 2011, 03:09:20 PM
Just read on teletext that 'Liverpool may be interested in a swap deal with chelsea, Raul Merelies for Daniel Sturridge'.... They better not be serious...

eagle, look at the source of where some o that stuff comes from, wouldnt be the most reliable;
my kuyt link has apparently come from the mouth of kuyts agent, but again could be codswallop;

i never get too excited until its confirmed by the club (however please let the qpr link for cole be true, and anyone who wants can have poulsen and degen) ;D

laoislad

Quote from: EagleLord on August 22, 2011, 03:09:20 PM

Could be worse sure at least they aren't trying to give Torres back to us  :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EagleLord

I know what your saying, some strange things come up on that page and generally are not to be believed, doesn't stop me reading it every other day though! Wonder would Torres be good if he came back! But letting Raul go would be a disaster, you could see what he added when he played the other day. And it seemed he really was proving a point during the goal celebrations. 2 assists for him.

AZOffaly

Who was he giving the finger to? Looked like it was to one of the other midfielders.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2011, 03:35:56 PM
Who was he giving the finger to? Looked like it was to one of the other midfielders.

Frimpong gave Lucas the finger as he was sent off so Raul copied him and gave him the finger again.