The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 15, 2010, 02:45:54 PM
someone was on F365 I see  :D

alright - back to the football now - 3 points on Sunday which should lift us out of the relegation zone

So, definately no points deduction?  I suppose it like the banks, so big/important that you shouldn't punish them further.

Yanks Out!!!!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 15, 2010, 02:45:54 PM
someone was on F365 I see  :D

alright - back to the football now - 3 points on Sunday which should lift us out of the relegation zone

So, definately no points deduction?  I suppose it like the banks, so big/important that you shouldn't punish them further.

Yanks Out!!!!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 15, 2010, 04:46:02 PM
I'm at a loss to comprehend how this in any way helps Liverpool. One profit driven group sells to another profit driven group. fairy tales of the new crowd being a better sort of capitalist are laughable.

There'll be a bit of cash splashed in the next 2 transfer windows (decently offset by selling off squad players) to give the impression of massive investment in the playing staff and in 12 months you'll be back where you were.

I'm sure if you take a little time out to do some research you'll come up with some differences.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Well it's finally over. New owners. Hopefully better than the last ones anyway. You can only go on their past record and NESV were consistently considered amongst the best owners in US sport while chancers like Tom Hicks were consistently rated amongst the worst. Hopefully the club can now be run well and efficiently and going by their record with the Red Sox they will market the club aggressively worldwide and ticket prices could well go up but I think most people would accept that as long as the money isn't going towards servicing a crippling massive debt and is instead ploughed back into the club. At least for the most part. Obviously issues like a new stadium or redeveloping Anfield will have to be addressed in the next year or so. NESV certainly weren't shy in spending money at the Red Sox but they were already baseball people who understood the sport. Half their challenge at Liverpool will be having the right people in charge who know the game.

paco

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 15, 2010, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 15, 2010, 04:41:52 PM
How much money for new players will be provided in the winter transfer window. There has been some awful muck coming in recently. NGOG??????

Ngog gets a lot of stick but I think he's not a bad little player considering he was bought for 1.5M which is peanuts really. There are some shitehawks I would get rid of well before Ngog. Poulsen for one.

I agree, he's scored quite a few goals this season when Liverpool were in need of them. He is young and has room to improve, another thing he has (which very few players seem to have these days) is patience to sit on the bench and wait his chance, rather than cry to the papers about not having first team football.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 15, 2010, 04:46:02 PM
I'm at a loss to comprehend how this in any way helps Liverpool.

Er - all the debt is gone  ::)

The Worker

How long will Hodgson last?

any odds on him being at Anfield longer than 12 months?

I can see O'Neill being appointed by the new year

Boycey

Quote from: The Worker on October 15, 2010, 05:14:43 PM

Just when Pool fans thought things were looking up

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on October 15, 2010, 05:14:43 PM

Rafa,Houllier got 6 years would expect Hodgson will get at least 3 years 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: King Henry on October 15, 2010, 01:43:07 PM
The posters of the gaaboard Official Liverpool thread are trained assassins with a Laois man as their ringleader! Norf wind your neck in ya mad gossil

Point. Missed.

I was not refering soley to Laois' post. If you'd have taken the trouble to read the previous pages of the thread you'd have read that Liverpool fans posted death threats on the Texan judges' Facebook page.

Usual story. Hypocrisy and sugarcoated from the Kop.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ludraman

yipppeeee!!!!

now if they can get some of dem chilli miners to teach roy how to get out of a big hole fast we are laghin. no?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 15, 2010, 07:02:44 PM
The posters of the gaaboard Official Liverpool thread are trained assassins with a Laois man as their ringleader! Norf wind your neck in ya mad gossil

Point. Missed.

I was not refering soley to Laois' post. If you'd have taken the trouble to read the previous pages of the thread you'd have read that Liverpool fans posted death threats on the Texan judges' Facebook page.

Of course - the actions of a minority should be used to slate an entire fanbase  ::) ::)

Keep it coming lads - you couldn't ire me this day

ross4life

From Twitter... with the Merseyside derby on Sunday Liverpool's John Lennon Airport has reportedly changed its slogan from "Above us only sky" to "Below us only Wolves and West Ham.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

supersarsfields

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 15, 2010, 07:02:44 PM

Point. Missed.

Hardly surprising Norf. Sure isn't it standard practice for most soccer fans to ignore their own sins while highlighting others misdemeanors!!