The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 12, 2010, 04:53:55 PM
Judgement tomorrow morning @ 10:30.

With whats I've seen and heard today I'd say the good guys will win but I suppose its inevitable that Gillett and Hicks will appeal that outcome...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on October 12, 2010, 05:06:15 PM

With whats I've seen and heard today I'd say the good guys will win but I suppose its inevitable that Gillett and Hicks will appeal that outcome...

Given that the judge said it would be a "little ambitious" to expect the case to be settled by Friday is he going to drag them all in tomorrow and say he hasn't made a judgement yet??

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 12, 2010, 05:33:56 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 12, 2010, 05:06:15 PM

Given that the judge said it would be a "little ambitious" to expect the case to be settled by Friday is he going to drag them all in tomorrow and say he hasn't made a judgement yet??

I thought when he came out with the "ambitious" thing it would be next week but the close of day statement seemed fairly definite. Its amazing to think that the whole thing rests on what kind of humour one man wakes up in in the morning..

Carmen Stateside

Article on the BBC website,

"If the bank succeeds in persuading Mr Justice Floyd to rule in its favour, Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton can push ahead with a second court hearing to rule on his right to approve the club's sale to Henry's New England Sports Ventures (NESV)."

basically there is two cases by the look of it
Hicks vs RBS
Hicks vs LFC
tomorrows rulling will be that between Hicks and RBS. This will drag on for sure with any decision likely to be appealed.

brokencrossbar1

Justice "Pretty Boy" Floyd hits a knockout blow to fuckfaces!  Get in there, Lord Grabbiner QC to be a Freeman of the Kop!  Looks like it is the end of the road for the w**ks.  They may have an appeal but I can't see it.  They may sue for damages but that would be good money after bad.

Lecale2

Still think it will go to extra time and a penalty shoot out.

Goats Do Shave

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 13, 2010, 10:59:26 AM
Justice "Pretty Boy" Floyd hits a knockout blow to fuckfaces!  Get in there, Lord Grabbiner QC to be a Freeman of the Kop!  Looks like it is the end of the road for the w**ks.  They may have an appeal but I can't see it.  They may sue for damages but that would be good money after bad.
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 13, 2010, 10:59:26 AM

I would suggest that Martin Broughton get more of the praise. Seems his inital fears when first brought in and insistance of safeguards in palce that G&H signed up too ultimatley had them by the balls.

In my view Broughton played a stormer in this.

brokencrossbar1

Broughton has played a stormer and has forced the issue at a crucial time.  He is the main reason that things have worked out.  Still a bit of work to be done but I have to say as a die hard fan I have never been as optimistic for a very long time.  The way NESV have brought the Red Sox forward is a strong testimony to what they are capable of. 

PS Fairclough looks well for someone who has been sick.  Get in there Supersub!!!

Donkeywalloper

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/13/liverpool-sale-high-court-verdict-live

11.05am: The board also want court costs paid by H&G.

11.04am: Judge rules that owners should pay RBS costs.

11.02am: Broughton wants a board meeting by 8pm today to sort out the sale and there is a dispute over whether the owners will be able to communicate via phone. The owners' QC is asking for the meeting to take place at ten o'clock tomorrow. Judge rules that it should be at 8 today.

11.01am: RBS want the owners to cover their court costs. Wonder how much they are?

10.59am: More detail:

The high court today granted injunctions that could open the way for the prompt sale of Liverpool.

The club's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett asked a judge to delay the hearing of an application by creditors Royal Bank of Scotland for mandatory orders paving the way for a possible sale this week. But the plea was rejected by Mr Justice

At RBS's request, the judge imposed injunctions on the two men requiring them to restore the original constitutions of the companies and managing directors.

This removes the final stumbling block to a £300m takeover by New England Sports Ventures which will see the RBS recoup its original £237m loan to Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett when they bought the club in March 2007.

10.54am: Judge throws out attempt by owners to have interim injunction put on board.

10.50am: The injunction means the board is reconstituted with Purslow and Ayre back in place and Broughton allowed to see through the sale, reports Sachin Nakrani

10.49am: Mr Justice Floyd: "The owners do not have an absolute right to veto a sale."

10.43am: Judge rules against H&G, which means NESV deal can proceed. We will try and flesh out the details and ramifications...

10.42am: JUDGE RULES MANDATORY INJUNCTION WANTED BY RBS AGAINST OWNERS IS GRANTED: SALE CAN GO AHEAD

Joxer

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on October 13, 2010, 11:10:43 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/13/liverpool-sale-high-court-verdict-live

11.05am: The board also want court costs paid by H&G.

11.04am: Judge rules that owners should pay RBS costs.

11.02am: Broughton wants a board meeting by 8pm today to sort out the sale and there is a dispute over whether the owners will be able to communicate via phone. The owners' QC is asking for the meeting to take place at ten o'clock tomorrow. Judge rules that it should be at 8 today.

11.01am: RBS want the owners to cover their court costs. Wonder how much they are?

10.59am: More detail:

The high court today granted injunctions that could open the way for the prompt sale of Liverpool.

The club's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett asked a judge to delay the hearing of an application by creditors Royal Bank of Scotland for mandatory orders paving the way for a possible sale this week. But the plea was rejected by Mr Justice

At RBS's request, the judge imposed injunctions on the two men requiring them to restore the original constitutions of the companies and managing directors.

This removes the final stumbling block to a £300m takeover by New England Sports Ventures which will see the RBS recoup its original £237m loan to Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett when they bought the club in March 2007.

10.54am: Judge throws out attempt by owners to have interim injunction put on board.

10.50am: The injunction means the board is reconstituted with Purslow and Ayre back in place and Broughton allowed to see through the sale, reports Sachin Nakrani

10.49am: Mr Justice Floyd: "The owners do not have an absolute right to veto a sale."

10.43am: Judge rules against H&G, which means NESV deal can proceed. We will try and flesh out the details and ramifications...

10.42am: JUDGE RULES MANDATORY INJUNCTION WANTED BY RBS AGAINST OWNERS IS GRANTED: SALE CAN GO AHEAD

The f**kers are still trying to stall the sale.   Have to agree that Broughton has played a stormer and hasnt backed down once from them.   Now all we need is an investment and hopefully Tansfer Funds.

If,  and that could be a big IF yet,  NESV's offer goes through.  How long do you think Hodgson will have?  Will he get a clear run or will they immediatly replace him?

magpie seanie

Good news for Liverpool. Luckily for you guys its only taking 250-300 million to get rid of those idiots.

The Guru

Club could now be sold to either NESV or Peter Lim according to 'This is Anfield' twitter