The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 06, 2010, 09:39:36 AM
Question for Liverpool fans. Would you take £40-£50m for Torres, even from Chelsea, and £25-30m from Madrid for Stevie G, and just start again.

I think I would.

Definitley, provided all the money is put back into player recruitment.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 06, 2010, 09:46:48 AM
Question for Liverpool fans. Would you take £40-£50m for Torres, even from Chelsea, and £25-30m from Madrid for Stevie G, and just start again.

I think I would.

Do you really think that the clubs debtors will allow €65-80M to flow into the club and not be within their rights (legally) to insist that their payment (or part-payment) is higher in the pecking order than player recruitment??  Ye'll be doing well to keep €20M for players. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossie11

QuoteQuestion for Liverpool fans. Would you take £40-£50m for Torres, even from Chelsea, and £25-30m from Madrid for Stevie G, and just start again.

I think I would.

Absolutely as long as the funds are available for players but I feel Billy boots is right.
20m would be the max available to spend
One of the big 2 needs to be sold just to keep the ship afloat this season.

EC Unique

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 06, 2010, 10:09:00 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 06, 2010, 09:46:48 AM

I think I would.

Do you really think that the clubs debtors will allow €65-80M to flow into the club and not be within their rights (legally) to insist that their payment (or part-payment) is higher in the pecking order than player recruitment??  Ye'll be doing well to keep €20M for players.

Bit like the Ronaldo money :-\

Hound

I think I would.
No and Yes.

paco

Quote from: Hound on July 06, 2010, 11:47:08 AM

I think I would.
No and Yes.

You'd have to think that it would be all or nothing. Couldn't see one staying if the other left.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2010, 09:18:38 AM
QuoteCHELSEA MAKE £40M TORRES BID - REPORTS
Posted 06/07/10 07:47
EmailPrintSave

Chelsea have reportedly lodged a formal bid of £40m for Fernando Torres.

And a separate report claims that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has flown out to South Africa to personally oversee the club's pursuit of the striker.

According to The Daily Mail, the champions have stepped up their longstanding interest in the Spaniard - who, in a separate twist, is thought likely to be dropped by his country for their World Cup semi-final meeting with Germany on Wednesday night - by offering Liverpool £40m for his services.

'New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has already admitted he can offer no guarantee that either Torres or skipper Steven Gerrard will be at Anfield next season. And given Liverpool's precarious financial situation, a concerted effort to sign Torres by Chelsea is likely to prove impossible to resist,' the newspaper announces.

Meanwhile, The Telegraph reckons that Liverpool will demand £70m in order to part with Torres, but that 'Abramovich has now returned to South Africa to show Torres and his representatives how serious his intent is. He is hoping to meet with Torres' agents over the next few days. A source close to the deal said last night that the Chelsea owner was "pushing very hard" to complete the deal.'

Torres agent denied on Tuesday that he had admitted his client may leave Anfield this summer, while the player himself has said he will not consider his future until after the World Cup.

However, according to the Telegraph, 'both Chelsea and City have been led to believe that he wants to leave this summer.'

:o

Sounds like cobblers to be fair.

stew

Torres is brilliant when fit but you have to take the money and run, he is too often injured these days as is gerrard and his form has dipped dramatically over the past twelve months, he is also pushing thirty so if yiou can get thirty million for him and 50 mil for torres you bite their arms off.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on July 06, 2010, 06:26:46 PM
Torres is brilliant when fit but you have to take the money and run, he is too often injured these days as is gerrard and his form has dipped dramatically over the past twelve months, he is also pushing thirty so if yiou can get thirty million for him and 50 mil for torres you bite their arms off.

Don't often agree with your views but I have to agree with you here.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

From the Bunker

He's just gone 26! Pushing thirty is being 29 and that is three years away, which in football years is along time.

Minder

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 06, 2010, 08:09:57 PM

He's just gone 26! Pushing thirty is being 29 and that is three years away, which in football years is along time.

Stew is talking about Gerrard, who is 30.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Minder on July 06, 2010, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 06, 2010, 08:09:57 PM

Stew is talking about Gerrard, who is 30.

:-[

From the Bunker

I count 23 players at WC who have worn the Liverpool shirt at some stage or other!

gawa316

Kuyt
Babel
Gerrard
Johnson
Carra
Crouch
Maxi
Masch
Torres
Reina
Alonso