The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: BerfArmagh on January 15, 2010, 11:28:56 AM
Theres a lot of rumours circulating that Gerrard had a massive bust up with Rafa at HT in the reading game  ???
Declan posted something along those lines a few pages back, dunno about it, Stevie didn't seem happy even when the goal went in just before HT, may be down to the fact that he had felt a twinge in the hamstring and this was the reason he went off rather than a bust up.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bingobus

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 15, 2010, 01:25:10 PM
QuoteTheres a lot of rumours circulating that Gerrard had a massive bust up with Rafa at HT in the reading game 

over what exactly?

This came up on some forums the night of the match, was apparemtly because he took Torres off and stemed from the fact that Ste Darby lost his place in the first XI and subs bench.

Never been confirmed by any ITK.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2010, 01:39:54 PM
Source? Don't say the Mirror, People, Star or S*n.

Maybe not the best but the Daily Mail. New Juve president a close friend of Rafa, also big admirer of his work. Hiddink wants another go at the premier league, especially now his contract with Russia is up in the summer. I think around the time City appointed Mancini, when they were in contact with Hiddink's agent, he wanted to wait to January when he would learn his fate with Russia. So now Abramovich has stopped paying his wages so he is free to find a new job.

bingobus

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 15, 2010, 01:53:41 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2010, 01:39:54 PM
Source? Don't say the Mirror, People, Star or S*n.

Maybe not the best but the Daily Mail. New Juve president a close friend of Rafa, also big admirer of his work. Hiddink wants another go at the premier league, especially now his contract with Russia is up in the summer. I think around the time City appointed Mancini, when they were in contact with Hiddink's agent, he wanted to wait to January when he would learn his fate with Russia. So now Abramovich has stopped paying his wages so he is free to find a new job.

The mail are adding 2+2 and getting 37.29

EC Unique

The only way Rafa will be gone is if he falls on his sword and resigns where he does not get the big pay off. Then Liverpool (might) have the money to get in a high profile man. If Rafa is offered a job else where with good salary maybe this will happen.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on January 15, 2010, 02:12:38 PM
The only way Rafa will be gone is if he falls on his sword and resigns where he does not get the big pay off. Then Liverpool (might) have the money to get in a high profile man. If Rafa is offered a job else where with good salary maybe this will happen.

Possibly EG. Alternatively if he is not determined to hold on, a 'package' could be agreed, over a certain time or whatever. Alternatively sell Babel, and give the money to Rafa. Or else just give Babel to Rafa altogether.

Silky

Just got a txt - Rafa is to make a press statement at 2.00pm! Its already started - anybody know whats goin on?

bingobus

Quote from: Silky on January 15, 2010, 02:16:35 PM
Just got a txt - Rafa is to make a press statement at 2.00pm! Its already started - anybody know whats goin on?

Its the press conference that he gives every Friday before a match.

On a positive note he's f**k babel off from the match day squad for stoke. Babel has tweeted on twitter thats he's been left out. Not a man you'd look to in the trenches at Stoke away.

Archie Mitchell

Could be a win win for Liverpool and Rafa. Rafa has a job to go to, so can leave the club without hurting the club financially.

Quote from: Silky on January 15, 2010, 02:16:35 PM

Wouldn't be the standard pre match press conference would it?

Silky

bingobus

I hear SKY hyped up the conference and had their yellow banner running with breaking news of a Rafa press conference.

Rafa very relaxed in conference and started with joke about some facts he wanted to discuss, pulled out a sheet of paper and then stated that they have been very bad, sorry to fans etc and then was his usual self.

Maxi in squad and could start.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bingobus on January 15, 2010, 02:25:18 PM
I hear SKY hyped up the conference and had their yellow banner running with breaking news of a Rafa press conference.

Rafa very relaxed in conference and started with joke about some facts he wanted to discuss, pulled out a sheet of paper and then stated that they have been very bad, sorry to fans etc and then was his usual self.

Maxi in squad and could start.

in fairness that's good. It was before this game last year that he pulled the 'facts' sheet about Alex Ferguson out. He should have started on facts about Martin O'Neill or Robert Mancini this year :D

Bensars

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has apologised to the club's supporters for their woeful recent run of form.

The Reds were dumped out of the FA Cup at home to Reading on Wednesday, are already out of the Champions League and lie only seventh in the Premier League.

Benitez, reading from a sheet of paper, said: "We are not playing well and everyone here feels sorry for our fans.

"But things can change in football and we have confidence that we can improve, starting with Stoke on Saturday."

It is just over a year since Benitez's infamous outburst against Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, when Liverpool were top of the Premier League.

In January 2009, the Spaniard started a news conference by pulling a sheet of paper out of his pocket and reading out a list of accusations about Ferguson's conduct regarding referees, the FA's Respect campaign and fixture lists.

They went on to finish second behind United and have endured a torrid season this time around, with many fans and Reds legends suggesting Benitez should have been sacked after defeat to Reading.

But Benitez, seemingly parodying his performance from last year, again pulled a sheet of paper from his pocket during Friday's news conference ahead of the Stoke game on Saturday and admitted it is a difficult time for the club.

"This is a bad moment, we are not doing well during the season and we know have to improve and we have the belief we can do it," added Benitez.

"How can we improve? Winning on the pitch. How can we be sure we win on the pitch? By training well.

"If I am worried about my position or the future of the club at this moment I will lose my focus.

"Stoke is the most important game now and we have to prepare properly. I cannot be worried about the other things. My future is Stoke now."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8461711.stm

Silky

At least he still has his sense of humour but I for one am not laughing!  :)

Hard to believe and a league game away to lowly Stoke City could determine the future of a great club. A win and we are back on track, lose or draw and 4th place is probably beyond us with all the problems that brings.

bingobus

Hopefully Masch will be back and we need him in this one. No mention is Johnson is back yet but had thought he was out for longer than first thought.

Team
Reina
Carra Skrtel Agger Aurelio
Maxi Lucas Masch Riera
        Aquaman
         Kuyt/Ngog

Undecided on striker, Kuyt is shite at the minute but he may provide a bit more physical presence, while Ngog has a bit of pace. Two holding midfielders but lucas needs to be given freedom to bomb forward at all opportunities. Two natural wingers to provide width and a messy 0-1 win.

Can see a draw at best though the way we are playing. Sad to even consider that but I do hope that in the first 15mins the redmen hit everything that moves and lay down a marker that they do care, have passion and will carry the game to Stoke.