The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 17, 2024, 06:01:09 PMHenderson being bought by a Saudi club ,  always seemed  like one big  statement  to me.

I think the saudi's  thought let's show the world  how much money we have, and  who we can lure  here with  megabucks.  And they proved that they can even    lure someone  with  strong  views  on LGBT rights. And they proved  anyone  has a price , regardless of  their morals/beliefs
He evidently didn't have strong views on LGBT rights.

Deerstalker

Quote from: Sportacus on January 17, 2024, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 17, 2024, 06:01:09 PMHenderson being bought by a Saudi club ,  always seemed  like one big  statement  to me.

I think the saudi's  thought let's show the world  how much money we have, and  who we can lure  here with  megabucks.  And they proved that they can even    lure someone  with  strong  views  on LGBT rights. And they proved  anyone  has a price , regardless of  their morals/beliefs

Yeah like most of them they are just creating an image that is attractive to sponsors, playing a part almost.

J70

On the bright side for Liverpool, these players looking to come back has to put a dampener on any notions Salah has of heading over there in the near future.

AustinPowers

Well he either did , or pretended he did , but every man has his  price clearly .

He obviously didn't  go to Saudi and  continue to spout his  support for LGBT folk.  And if he  came  back to England , he couldn't really  start spouting it  again  either  as he'd get  a lot of stick

So, the Saudi's  effectively  silenced him  with their money

statto

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 18, 2024, 12:13:57 AM

Well he either did , or pretended he did , but every man has his  price clearly .

He obviously didn't  go to Saudi and  continue to spout his  support for LGBT folk.  And if he  came  back to England , he couldn't really  start spouting it  again  either  as he'd get  a lot of stick

The talk is that he hadn't got his wages due to something to do with tax, but agreed to leave without the wages and almighty f**k up on his/his advisors behalf.  If he wasn't going to get the gametime he wanted at liverpool could have got a job at most premier league teams and secured his place on the plane for euros.  Ajax not pulling up many trees at the minute either. 

imtommygunn

RedHand88

Quote from: statto on January 18, 2024, 09:57:32 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 18, 2024, 12:13:57 AM

The talk is that he hadn't got his wages due to something to do with tax, but agreed to leave without the wages and almighty f**k up on his/his advisors behalf.  If he wasn't going to get the gametime he wanted at liverpool could have got a job at most premier league teams and secured his place on the plane for euros.  Ajax not pulling up many trees at the minute either. 

Wait so he never even got paid?? What?

Edit: seeing it now. He deferred payment to avoid paying UK tax and now may not ever see any of it because he's leaving early.

Oh Jordan. Jordan Jordan Jordan....

quit yo jibbajabba

Not as much as the BFH as Jim Bowen would say. If he weren't dead obvs

trailer

Captain Gay Rights has made a c8nt of himself but he must be confident he'll see the money or he'd have come back to the PL surely. Only reason to go to the Cannabis league is to avoid UK tax laws.

Think this puts to bed the Camel league and any possibility that it takes off in a serious way. Saudis may have the money and the ability to behead people but an attractive footballing product that does not make. Especially with Slippy G and his terrible football.

statto

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2024, 11:56:20 AMCaptain Gay Rights has made a c8nt of himself but he must be confident he'll see the money or he'd have come back to the PL surely. Only reason to go to the Cannabis league is to avoid UK tax laws.

Think this puts to bed the Camel league and any possibility that it takes off in a serious way. Saudis may have the money and the ability to behead people but an attractive footballing product that does not make. Especially with Slippy G and his terrible football.
I would imagine you would be a regular follower of the Saudi league and well placed to comment on the various managers style of play ::)

Armagh18

Theres still far bigger names over there than Henderson. As long as Ronaldo is over there his name alone will attract attention not to mention likes of Neymar and Mane and others.

All depends on whether they get bored of throwing hundreds of millions at players but I can see plenty more being tempted in the future.

statto

Salah away off with hamstring injury just before half time in Egypt game doesn't look too bad but not sure if it's a good or bad thing.kudus scores immediately for Ghana.

markl121

From the Bunker

I have no issue with the tournament. Just, why isn't it held every 4 years and in the Summer?

Read somewhere it is a major junket for the Boys. Hence it being every two years.

An Watcher

Was of the same viewpoint but the more I ghought about it I think they should stick to their guns.  Why should they follow the others as they've held this tournament for years like this.