The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 30, 2022, 02:24:39 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 30, 2022, 09:26:12 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 30, 2022, 07:55:25 AM
Genuinely sorry for all the true decent fans who had tickets but couldn't get into stadium
Seeing fans in wheelchair stuck at security gates is disgraceful

But they can srart to blame their fellow 'supporters' who travelled to Paris with no tickets then rocked up to the ground with fake tickets and tried to scale fences and force way past security. This has happened in the past as well.

Are you still trying to peddle this?  Get up to speed as UEFA have now come out and retracted their earlier disgraceful misinformation/lies and admitted it was the French authorities was the issue. 
why were a lot of the steps at the liverpool end full of fans sitting on the steps? where were their seats?
Why do you care so much?
Everton fans racially abuse Brentford players, everyone knows about it manfromdelmonte says first he's heard of it. Everton fans abuse and attack Palace manager manfromdelmonte says nothing about it.
Dozens of journalists, ex players, TV presenters, Madrid and Liverpool fans all give the same account about what happened in Paris but manfromdelmonte makes up his own mind that goes against everything everyone who was there said happened.
You're a strange being.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

The Wembley euro final was sadly an example that a coordinated gang, a very large one yes, can have this kind of impact on a massive game like this. There was a lot that day that a lot more should have been made of but never seemed to be. The more you hear about this the more it seems to tally.

I did read that on top of two levels of stewards there were two levels of police checking tickets. For me that only makes it sound a bigger mess.

Armamike

People don't just turn up at a ground and start jumping over fences if the thing is organised and policed correctly.  There were a few ones who chanced their arm on Saturday night when the thing had started to break down and become chaotic and they sensed an opportunity amid the mayhem.  Nothing on the scale of the Euros. And any footage coming out strongly suggests it was local gangs and not Liverpool or Madrid supporters at it. 

This could easily have been another Hillsborough and the fact that thankfully nobody got badly hurt shouldn't let the French and UEFA off the hook.
That's just, like your opinion man.

thewobbler

Quote from: Armamike on May 30, 2022, 03:31:42 PM
People don't just turn up at a ground and start jumping over fences if the thing is organised and policed correctly.  There were a few ones who chanced their arm on Saturday night when the thing had started to break down and become chaotic and they sensed an opportunity amid the mayhem.  Nothing on the scale of the Euros. And any footage coming out strongly suggests it was local gangs and not Liverpool or Madrid supporters at it. 

This could easily have been another Hillsborough and the fact that thankfully nobody got badly hurt shouldn't let the French and UEFA off the hook.

Armamike you've no more idea of the scale of chancers involved, than I do of this week's lotto numbers.

And if there's one thing that should be obvious from the Euros, it's that English fans might just come to a ground ticketless, and seek access by any means necessary.

Basically you protest too much.

Heads will roll among the stadium organisers and the local police for how this was handled. But the likes of you trying to claim there was only  "a few" bas eggs amongst the Scouse support - in some vain attempt to protect your club's name - well it's just daft.

Cavan19

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2022, 03:39:29 PM

Armamike you've no more idea of the scale of chancers involved, than I do of this week's lotto numbers.

And if there's one thing that should be obvious from the Euros, it's that English fans might just come to a ground ticketless, and seek access by any means necessary.

Heads will roll among the stadium organisers and the local police for how this was handled. But the likes of you trying to claim there was only  "a few" bas eggs amongst the Scouse support - in some vain attempt to protect your club's name - well it's just daft.

If you know different let us know?

thewobbler

I don't know different.

But I'm not the one making claims there was just "a few".

The French sports minister seems to think otherwise:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/30/liverpool-fans-caused-initial-problems-in-paris-says-french-sports-minister

But I'd be equally sceptical about the motivation behind his figures.

All I'm suggesting here is don't try to pretend there isn't a large group of lawless thugs that follow your EPL team, and that a 5 hour train journey would be off putting for those travelling in hope of a ticket / thinking of a scam, and that they wouldn't be full of Dutch courage and a collective mentality for disruption when they arrive. Every EPL club has thousands of followers wired up like this. That's just the way English football is folks. It's not a Scouse disease. It's an English one.

Armamike

Wobbler I'd an open mind until I heard the accounts of people there - not just Liverpool supporters. Maybe you know better and they're wrong. Wouldn't go much by what the French have to say on it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

trailer

There does seem to be an English / British issue with ticketless fans travelling. Didn't some idiots cross the channel in a dingy? I'd doubt they had tickets. That issue needs to be addressed. But surely you have 2 or 3 rings of security around the stadium, checking tickets as fans approach and making sure the ticketless ones are weeded out.

shark

Quote from: thewobbler on May 30, 2022, 03:49:09 PM
I don't know different.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/30/liverpool-fans-caused-initial-problems-in-paris-says-french-sports-minister

All I'm suggesting here is don't try to pretend there isn't a large group of lawless thugs that follow your EPL team, and that a 5 hour train journey would be off putting for those travelling in hope of a ticket / thinking of a scam, and that they wouldn't be full of Dutch courage and a collective mentality for disruption when they arrive. Every EPL club has thousands of followers wired up like this. That's just the way English football is folks. It's not a Scouse disease. It's an English one.

70% of tickets fake? I'm not buying that.

thewobbler

Quote from: Armamike on May 30, 2022, 03:56:19 PM

Wobbler I'd an open mind until I heard the accounts of people there - not just Liverpool supporters. Maybe you know better and they're wrong. And you'd take the word of the French Sports Minister?

My exact words above were that I'd be equally sceptical of the French sports minister's motivations for his figures.

You are the one who has extrapolated a handful of eyewitness accounts, into only "a few" supporters misbehaving. All I'm suggesting is that as every last EPL team has thousands of lawless lowlife supporters that follow them around, then any claims that all but "a few" Liverpool supporters behaved with absolute virtuousness, will always raise an eyebrow.

laoislad

Quote from: shark on May 30, 2022, 04:00:48 PM
I don't know different.

Andy Robertson gave tickets to his mates that he got from the club and his mates were told those tickets were fake! God knows how many fans were told their real tickets were fake.
The fake tickets angle is one big smokescreen imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Kidder81

Why is there still physical tickets for such a big event, I thought most tickets these days for events were digital/QR codes to prevent fakes ?

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on May 30, 2022, 04:11:09 PM
Quote from: shark on May 30, 2022, 04:00:48 PM
I don't know different.

Andy Robertson gave tickets to his mates that he got from the club and his mates were told those tickets were fake! God knows how many fans were told their real tickets were fake.
The fake tickets angle is one big smokescreen imo.

Would it really be any way difficult to clone a ticket, all the same?

Get an original ticket or two. Clone it thousands of time while changing the seating number, but never the barcode.

The first person who enters the ground with that barcode, real ticket or false, immediately blocks entry for all the other tickets that were cloned from it.

I'd also assume that any checks on the outer rings of the stadium are a simple "yes/no" scan of the barcode, rather than the entry transaction, thereby not blocking anyone else entering that ring with same barcode. So in theory, thousands of fans easily could end up between the wider security check areas, and the gate - with most (or all) of them actually of the belief that they're in possession of  a genuine ticket.

——

I don't know how things panned out. And I really don't trust the French sports minister's claims.

But this scenario isn't implausible. And for it to work, the vast majority of cloned ticket holders would have been duped along the way.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Turf on May 30, 2022, 03:05:19 PM
Plenty of reports coming from Madrid fans today about getting similar treatment, seen videos of some of their fans jumping over gates to get in also.
It was basically just one big badly organised shit show, throw in local gangs turning up without tickets and forcing their way into the ground also and then mugging people afterwards.
No doubt there were a handful of Liverpool and Madrid fans trying to get in without tickets but all reports coming out say this wasn't what caused the issue at all.
Any reports I've read from people actually there says the problems were all created by bad organisation and security not doing their job.
I think to blame Liverpool fans is just people looking to wind fans up or people who are so bitter and twisted they can't actually accept the truth.

Any links to Madrid fans doing the same? It's just SdF dors dozens of full houses a year and I have never heard of issues before.

Maybe, for once, this was Liverpool fans fault?

Louther

Fair play Wobbler, you seem to have got a handle on the whole situation from the armchair.

It seems fairly clear that it was a farce from trying to funnel 20,000 people through a metre wide underpass with no stewarding to the complete lack of police action to properly control the situation afterwards.

The media from all corners of Europe seem to be calling out exactly what happened and the big move seems to be coming from sponsors who had their guests caught up in it all and aren't happy - Henry Winter reporting this.

Madrid media reporting on the shambles their end. One reason they seem to have gotten in earlier was their gathering spot/fan park was 1.5km away in a straight line but they too got caught in entry issues and bigger problems leaving the ground.

The French public and media are absolutely going after the French Gov today about it and their shambolic press conference. No one believes what they saying and they have pulled it apart.

I've no doing they was fakes and bunking in by element of the Liverpool supporters but not on the scale stated. If they say 40k tried to get in on fakes where did they go? Majority of excess supporters who travelled stayed in fan park, Liverpools was 8km away and had to use metro. The overground train service was striking which also reduced the access points.