The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 17, 2022, 10:40:51 PM
Pure 50/50 game!

Chelsea are out of the Champions League. They have loads of error room in the Premier League, they have 2 games in hand and are 8 points safe from Man Utd in 5th.

You are right. I see they've put the cup final in amongst premier league games. I thought the cup final would be at least a week after the season ended.

J70

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 19, 2022, 06:53:37 PM
Alisson, Trent ,Matip ,Virgil ,Robertson, Fabinho Henderson Thiago, Salah,Mane,Diaz

Like it!

Jones starts for united

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on April 19, 2022, 07:03:07 PM
Alisson, Trent ,Matip ,Virgil ,Robertson, Fabinho Henderson Thiago, Salah,Mane,Diaz

Like it!

Jones starts for united
Probably better than Maguire in fairness to him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gael85

Liverpool to win PL, CL and FA Cup 15/2 is great odds.  Failure for Man City to sign Kane or Haaland instead of Grealish will cost them.

Gael85

Quote from: gawa316 on April 19, 2022, 07:03:07 PM

Like it!

Jones starts for united

After watching Man Utd and Norwich would expect Liverpool to put up a big tally. Man Utd years behind Liverpool.  Will be a long night.

J70

Liverpool need to get at them right from the whistle and impose their game on them. Even when Liverpool were utter shite, they'd still work their socks off and occasionally get a result against a superior United team. No reason United can't do the same if Liverpool aren't on their game tonight.

Which I expect them to be.

Might take a while, but I'm going for 3-0.

laoislad

While hammering them 6-0 would be fantastic I'd take a boring 1-0! 3 points is all that matters.🤞

laoislad

RedHand88

Those of you who are old enough to remember the early 80s.
Was it ever as good as this??

laoislad

As good as a half of football from Liverpool as I can remember, or at least since last Saturday  ;D
Thiago, my god what a footballer.

thewobbler

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 19, 2022, 08:30:21 PM
Scouse league campaign 87/88 was emphatically and stylistically as good as anything I ever saw.

And with no European distractions they could focus on it. Losing the Fa cup final that year was simply bizarre.

Is this team better? Even stepping aside that evolution and coaching means players should be better at the game 30 years on, that they're now an international select rather than more-or-less a two-islands select means they must be better.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on April 19, 2022, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 19, 2022, 08:30:21 PM
Scouse league campaign 87/88 was emphatically and stylistically as good as anything I ever saw.

And with no European distractions they could focus on it. Losing the Fa cup final that year was simply bizarre.

Is this team better? Even stepping aside that evolution and coaching means players should be better at the game 30 years on, that they're now an international select rather than more-or-less a two-islands select means they must be better.

That 87/88 team was the favourite team I ever watched. Was blessed to see them live in Anfield. This team is better though.

The Salah goal was outrageous