The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Grealish has previous when it comes to changing his mind though...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Robbo with a bad looking ankle injury

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 04, 2021, 08:28:05 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 30, 2021, 05:25:46 PM
The best right back in world football has signed a new 4 year deal with the club

Jack Grealish signed a 5 year deal last September
born in the city and playing for your boyhood club and all
Contracts not worth the paper they're written on

Nothing has changed since Stevie Me texted Jose looking to dump Liverpool

mackers

Quote from: gawa316 on August 08, 2021, 06:05:54 PM
Robbo with a bad looking ankle injury
Just saw a video of it. Nasty looking alright.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Dire Ear

Andy Robertson was forced off with an ankle injury during Liverpool's 1-1 pre-season draw against Athletic Bilbao at Anfield on Sunday.
The left-back went over on his right ankle while attempting to block a cross shortly before half-time and had to be helped from the field by the medical team.
Manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed after the game that Robertson will have a scan on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.
Diogo Jota converted Sadio Mane's pass to give the Reds the lead in the first half, but winger Alejandro Berenguer levelled after the break to earn Bilbao a draw.
Virgil van Dijk played 72 minutes as he continues his recovery from a serious knee injury.

laoislad

Looks like Robbo could be out for a couple of weeks.  Tsimikas has been playing well in pre season though so hopefully he can fill in without any issue.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on August 09, 2021, 07:58:15 PM
Looks like Robbo could be out for a couple of weeks.  Tsimikas has been playing well in pre season though so hopefully he can fill in without any issue.
Watched a few of those games,  a lot of players looking sharp ( as you'd expect against the opposition) Konate looking comfortable, Firminio and Miniminio (sp) Tsimikas, and Elliott.
Midfield possibly the weakest area at this stage;  and it's not too bad !!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 10, 2021, 11:03:24 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 09, 2021, 07:58:15 PM
Watched a few of those games,  a lot of players looking sharp ( as you'd expect against the opposition) Konate looking comfortable, Firminio and Miniminio (sp) Tsimikas, and Elliott.
Midfield possibly the weakest area at this stage;  and it's not too bad !!

In terms of MF the 'first' MF grouping hasn't played together, Fab, Hendo and Thiago. The key thing is to be able to play MFs in midfield and not as CBs. I think it will be an interesting season. I think the squad is actually stronger than people realise. Last year was an aberration in terms of injuries. Although 2 years older this squad, bar Gini, dominated the league. Since then Thiago, Jota, Taimikas and Konate have been added and Harvey Elliot has matured. A few out(Origi, Shaq and Phillips) and 1 maybe 2 in and then it's a great squad.

Dire Ear

Selling Phillips would be a mistake in my opinion;  Elliott has massive potential

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 10, 2021, 12:25:44 PM
Selling Phillips would be a mistake in my opinion;  Elliott has massive potential

Phillips is at the peak of his value at the minute. He's a great lad and was excellent but is unlikely to get many games this coming season. Get £15m from Burnley or Newcastle and wish him all the best. Last season was a freak for injuries.

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 10, 2021, 12:43:33 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 10, 2021, 12:25:44 PM

Phillips is at the peak of his value at the minute. He's a great lad and was excellent but is unlikely to get many games this coming season. Get £15m from Burnley or Newcastle and wish him all the best. Last season was a freak for injuries.
Matip will definitely get injured
Gomez will likely get injured
VVD may pick up niggles coming back from such a long layoff.

Might not be long before someone is needed, and Phillips has proven himself to be a big step ahead of Rhys Williams.
Of course, if Phillips wanted a move to get first team football you'd wish him the best

J70

Phillips has to move for the sake of his career. He can't sit around at Liverpool at the age of 24-25, fifth choice, and still hope to make it at EPL level. This time last year he was looking at Championship. Now is the time to make a proper go of it somewhere like Burnley or Brighton. If he improves further, bigger opportunities will come his way.

Armamike

Can understand completely why Phillips would want a move.  He got himself in the shop window over the past few months and now is his chance to get a decent move based on the good form he showed.  His lack of pace means he'll never be a serious option in a Klopp team.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

The club should be looking to recoup close to £40-45m with possible sales.  The reality is that this is the way the transfers have to work as we do not have a gold mine like the petro clubs or United. I think people need to realise and understand that.  If they got that through there is the money to buy a new forward

gawa316

Harvey Elliott looks like he is going to be a special talent