The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on February 13, 2021, 02:39:18 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 13, 2021, 02:34:56 PM
Its not safe having football in the middle of a pandemic. Best to scrap this season and start fresh when its safe to do so. #ProtectheNHS.

;D
Yes I agree,void it all and start afresh in August.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 13, 2021, 02:34:56 PM
Its not safe having football in the middle of a pandemic. Best to scrap this season and start fresh when its safe to do so. #ProtectheNHS.

Agreed!  ;D The WhatsApp banter pics should be arriving shortly to all inboxes

Dearg

Liverpool had the world at their feet. Best team in Europe, best team in the PremLeague. They should really have gone out and strengthed the squad. I know they got Thiago and Jota and have been unlucky with injuries but after winning Europe especially they should have went and spent really big.
The opportunity seems to have passed them by now.

J70

No reason they can't be back next season.

Of course, finishing top 4 will make that a lot easier.

Dearg

Quote from: J70 on February 13, 2021, 02:55:06 PM
No reason they can't be back next season.

Of course, finishing top 4 will make that a lot easier.
True but will be much harder attract the talent they need if they don't finish Top 4.
Does winning the Champions League guaranteed a spot for the following season.
I wouldn't rule Liverpool out winning that yet to be honest. They are still a good team and the Champions League might be a nice distraction for them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 02:58:09 PM

I wouldn't rule Liverpool out winning that yet to be honest. They are still a good team and the Champions League might be a nice distraction for them.

History could well repeat itself.

Less than great in the Premier league in 2005, 2007, 2018 and went on to reach the Champions league final each year.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 13, 2021, 03:06:43 PM
Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 02:58:09 PM

History could well repeat itself.

Less than great in the Premier league in 2005, 2007, 2018 and went on to reach the Champions league final each year.

You can't rule anything out. The 2005 team was undoubtedly the worst team in the history of the Champs league ever to win it.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 02:50:41 PM
Liverpool had the world at their feet. Best team in Europe, best team in the PremLeague. They should really have gone out and strengthed the squad. I know they got Thiago and Jota and have been unlucky with injuries but after winning Europe especially they should have went and spent really big.

How do you strengthen a squad for 10 injured first team players
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 13, 2021, 03:45:36 PM

10? So only one first team player on today?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2021, 03:53:24 PM

He said first team not starting team, though any of the 10 would be common enough starters.

trailer

Can Klopp survive this? This is similar to end of his time at Dortmund.

This doesn't happen to other top level teams. In 2008 Utd's injury crisis meant that Owen Hargreaves played right back. Utd won the CL and PL. Levels Liverpool can only dream of. Bad teams always have excuses, injuries, refs, VAR.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 13, 2021, 06:00:20 PM

He said first team not starting team, though any of the 10 would be common enough starters.

I never mentioned starting either

There was 7 of the main championship winning team from last season. Milner and Thiago are decent players were playing today so possible 8 missing 3, though one replaced the other.

So 4 players, in fairness 2 cracking players 2 others that a squad should fill.

Anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dearg

Quote from: trailer on February 13, 2021, 06:06:46 PM

This doesn't happen to other top level teams. In 2008 Utd's injury crisis meant that Owen Hargreaves played right back. Utd won the CL and PL. Levels Liverpool can only dream of. Bad teams always have excuses, injuries, refs, VAR.
Bad teams don't win the Champions League one season and the Premier League the next season.
Liverpool have made mistakes by not adding more squad depth and quality to their squad but Liverpool aren't suddenly a bad team. A silly comment really.

trailer

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 06:13:08 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 13, 2021, 06:06:46 PM

Bad teams don't win the Champions League one season and the Premier League the next season.
Liverpool have made mistakes by not adding more squad depth and quality to their squad but Liverpool aren't suddenly a bad team. A silly comment really.

Good teams don't implode the way Liverpool have.

SHEEDY

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 13, 2021, 06:00:20 PM

van dijk, gomez/matip and possibly jota, so at most 3 possible starters missing. Was anyone else missing that would've started today?
nil satis nisi optimum