The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 29, 2009, 10:00:10 PM

Missed first 20mins so didn't know
Probably needed him and Babel at half time or soon after to change things,strange not to bring him on Benny wasn't really at the races
Rafa not really liking Riera this year is he

Looks that way at the minute alright.

Big big game on Sunday now. I am actually dreading Drogba coming up against our defence

GalwayBayBoy

Woeful performance. In the first half anyway. Liverpool didn't turn up until half-time and by then they were 2-0 down. Not sure what Rafa was at putting Aurelio in centre-midfield. Just back from long-term injury and he sticks him in midfield. Himself and Lucas were nowhere to be seen. Completely overrun in the first half. Insua very shaky at left-back too but all the problems came from a lightweight centre-midfield that couldn't get on the ball and didn't make a tackle all night. Some others just seemed to be going through the motions until they got a rocket at the break.

FermGael

Quote from: gawa316 on September 29, 2009, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 29, 2009, 10:00:10 PM

Missed first 20mins so didn't know
Probably needed him and Babel at half time or soon after to change things,strange not to bring him on Benny wasn't really at the races
Rafa not really liking Riera this year is he

Looks that way at the minute alright.

Big big game on Sunday now. I am actually dreading Drogba coming up against our defence
I see the reserves won 2-0.  I wonder did Agger play the whole game??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

gawa316

Quote from: FermGael on September 29, 2009, 10:26:53 PM

Daniel Agger made a successful comeback as he helped Liverpool Reserves beat Manchester City 2-0 at the City of Manchester Stadium on Tuesday night. 
The Reds No.5 enjoyed a 68 minute run-out and put in an impressive performance at the back for John McMahon's team.

David Ngog played the full 90 minutes and netted the opening goal with a fine finish. Steven Irwin celebrated his 20th birthday with a brilliant second goal as the Reds second string deserved the win.

It was an eventful night as Victor Palsson was sent-off for two bookable offences.

Swiss international Philipp Degen also played 45 minutes but had to leave the field at half-time after feeling unwell.

City welcomed back midfielder Michael Johnson after injury but it was a good night for Liverpool and the return of Agger is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez.

"It was a good win for us and Daniel did really well and it was great to see him back," McMahon told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He was committed, he made some good challenges and he helped the young lads around him. He enjoyed himself and was pleased to be back.

"David scored again which is another plus for us and Stevie's finish was excellent.

"We could have scored a lot more goals in the end and David Amoo and Alex Kacaniklic had good chances.

"It was also great to see Zsolt Poloskei make his debut. He has been out injured for 15 months but it was great to see him on the pitch and he has worked so hard."

Liverpool team: David Martin, Philipp Degen (Chris Mavinga 45), Stephen Darby (Capt), Daniel Ayala, Daniel Agger (Emmanuel Mendy 68), Nathan Eccleston, David Amoo (Zsolt Poloskei 78), David Ngog, Victor Palsson, Alex Kacaniklic. Unused subs: Nikola Saric, Martin Hansen.

Poor aul Degen

mountainboii

Quote from: gawa316 on September 29, 2009, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: FermGael on September 29, 2009, 10:26:53 PM

Daniel Agger made a successful comeback as he helped Liverpool Reserves beat Manchester City 2-0 at the City of Manchester Stadium on Tuesday night.
The Reds No.5 enjoyed a 68 minute run-out and put in an impressive performance at the back for John McMahon's team.

David Ngog played the full 90 minutes and netted the opening goal with a fine finish. Steven Irwin celebrated his 20th birthday with a brilliant second goal as the Reds second string deserved the win.

It was an eventful night as Victor Palsson was sent-off for two bookable offences.

Swiss international Philipp Degen also played 45 minutes but had to leave the field at half-time after feeling unwell.

City welcomed back midfielder Michael Johnson after injury but it was a good night for Liverpool and the return of Agger is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez.

"It was a good win for us and Daniel did really well and it was great to see him back," McMahon told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He was committed, he made some good challenges and he helped the young lads around him. He enjoyed himself and was pleased to be back.

"David scored again which is another plus for us and Stevie's finish was excellent.

"We could have scored a lot more goals in the end and David Amoo and Alex Kacaniklic had good chances.

"It was also great to see Zsolt Poloskei make his debut. He has been out injured for 15 months but it was great to see him on the pitch and he has worked so hard."

Liverpool team: David Martin, Philipp Degen (Chris Mavinga 45), Stephen Darby (Capt), Daniel Ayala, Daniel Agger (Emmanuel Mendy 68), Nathan Eccleston, David Amoo (Zsolt Poloskei 78), David Ngog, Victor Palsson, Alex Kacaniklic. Unused subs: Nikola Saric, Martin Hansen.

Maybe Rafa should try only lining out ten men for the first team.

gawa316

Quote from: AFS on September 29, 2009, 10:48:47 PM

Maybe Rafa should try only lining out ten men for the first team.

Good spot (albeit a bit freaky). It's missing the birthday boy Irwin

EC Unique

Be interesting to see how Liverpool come back from this for the weekend.

Seen the penalty and thought the ball was got first.  Some times they will be given sometimes not.

Defence is poor or very average at best as it has been all season.

Are there any TV pundits that are in favour at the monent?

supersarsfields

I'd have to agree with LL the best team won well the night.Liverpool were completely over riden in the middle of the park. Lucas was poor. Not only was some of his passing wayward but his lack of urgency in getting back to help out the defence was unbelievable. I doubt Masch was a big loss in there.
Felt there was too much long ball being played into Torres and Gerard did nothing in the first half.

Second half was a lot better but they were up against a very strong defence that knew how to shut the game out. Pity we didn't see Babel a wee bit earlier as he actually looked like he was up for it when he went on. 

Big game this weekend. Badly need Masch back to tighten that defence and give a bit of cover!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on September 29, 2009, 10:18:28 PM
Need Masc back to play defensive midfielder, Torres denied a clear cut penalty I though, not that it would have made any difference. He is flogging a dead horse with Lucas. Not long til aquaman is fit.

He got the ball, great tackle!

Surprised noone has mentioned the time keeping last night! He clearly blew the final whistle about 6 / 7 seconds before the 'minimum' 3 minutes! Bloody conspiracy is spreading to Europe!

Noticed yet another dive from Gerrard too, when he ran into an Italian defender (got up pretty sharpish though - when the ball came back in!).

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

nifan

Can anyone stop Torres?

Yes - Liverpools own midfielders apparently.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nifan on September 30, 2009, 09:09:10 AM
Can anyone stop Torres?

Yes - Liverpools own midfielders apparently.
lol shouldnt laugh, but very good nifan :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

botman

Torres found out in Europe once again. Failed to deliver anything of significance. Why he is so highly rated by Liverpool fans I'll never know.

Keep them at it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: botman on September 30, 2009, 09:54:41 AM
Torres found out in Europe once again. Failed to deliver anything of significance. Why he is so highly rated by Liverpool fans I'll never know.
58 goals in 92 games, 32 goals in 34 games at anfeild, current top scorer in the premier league.I'd say thats why they rate him so highly  ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nifan

Quote from: botman on September 30, 2009, 09:54:41 AM
Why he is so highly rated by Liverpool fans I'll never know.

Not just by liverpool fans, by most sensible people.
he barely got the ball last night, Liverpools tactics where wrong, what can you expect from Torres.