The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

What started off as a very promising window , has ended up being disappointing overall.
Getting VVD in was essential, and well over due.

I dont have a big issue with either letting Coutinho go for the money that was offered or letting sturridge go out on loan, as he is likely to play very little.
The issue is the lack of strengthening other areas.
All of a sudden the squad looks very weak, and an injury to Salah or Firmino could spell disaster for any top 4 ambitions.
I admire Klopps conviction to go after the players he really wants like VVD & Keita rather than just sign players for the sake of it, but Surely and attacking reinforcement was needed?
The goalkeeping situation also needs adreesed, but i get the feeling he will go big for someone like Allison or Oblak in the summer and get rid of both Mignolet & Karius.
I dont buy the whole 'january is a difficult market' BS.
Some of Liverpools best signings in recent years have all been in January (suarez, coutinho, sturridge), so it is possible to get top players in then as much as it is in the summer.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armamike

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 30, 2018, 10:45:51 AM
What started off as a very promising window , has ended up being disappointing overall.

I dont have a big issue with either letting Coutinho go for the money that was offered or letting sturridge go out on loan, as he is likely to play very little.
All of a sudden the squad looks very weak, and an injury to Salah or Firmino could spell disaster for any top 4 ambitions.
I admire Klopps conviction to go after the players he really wants like VVD & Keita rather than just sign players for the sake of it, but Surely and attacking reinforcement was needed?
The goalkeeping situation also needs adreesed, but i get the feeling he will go big for someone like Allison or Oblak in the summer and get rid of both Mignolet & Karius.
Some of Liverpools best signings in recent years have all been in January (suarez, coutinho, sturridge), so it is possible to get top players in then as much as it is in the summer.

The patient approach to player recruitment is very laudable but the problem is if the club is losing good players in the meantime it's 1 step forward 1 step back.
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

Quote from: Armamike on January 30, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 30, 2018, 10:45:51 AM

The patient approach to player recruitment is very laudable but the problem is if the club is losing good players in the meantime it's 1 step forward 1 step back.

Agreed. And miss out on the Top 4 and suddenly a lot of the top players become much harder to sign in the Summer. With it being a World cup year as well so you really do not want to be making 3-4 new signings who end up missing a chunk of pre-season along with the bulk of the first team  and dont really start playing together until mid September.

angermanagement

Talk of Markovic to Swansea for £15 million. Mental.

Main Street

Should Liverpool win tonight, their recent league record would read very decently.

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2018, 09:27:28 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2018, 09:26:02 AM
Quote from: laoislad on January 29, 2018, 05:26:11 PM

Wrong.

I'd agree with that chart, about 30 years ago

It's kind of egotistical that Liverpool supporters would think they matter that much to Man Utd fans, honestly. It's pretty clear their big rivalry is the cross city one these days.

laoislad

Did you ever explain why you called north_antrim_hound a racist?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

Wrong.

It's kind of egotistical that Liverpool supporters would think they matter that much to Man Utd fans, honestly. It's pretty clear their big rivalry is the cross city one these days.

When your team has won nothing in the 6 years f trying under Rodgers and Klippity Klopp then you need to pretend you've still some importance to disguise abject failure on the field.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on January 30, 2018, 05:03:28 PM
Should Liverpool win tonight, their recent league record would read very decently.

Indeed.

Don't give a f**k about the FA Cup per se myself. What was disturbing was following up the poor performance against Swansea with that appalling effort against West Brom. Good performance and result tonight along with the same against Spurs and another decent run would see last week forgotten fairly quickly.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 30, 2018, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

Wrong.

Are you a Liverpool fan, if not see the pie chart above

When your team has won nothing in the 6 years f trying under Rodgers and Klippity Klopp then you need to pretend you've still some importance to disguise abject failure on the field.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Captain Obvious

That 2nd goal before half time should end this game as a contest however this Liverpool you know...

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 30, 2018, 06:10:10 PM
Did you ever explain why you called north_antrim_hound a racist?

no he hasn't.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets