The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2017, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2017, 11:03:07 PM
Five wins from the last six visits to Stoke now.

How bad does that read? Liverpool should never lose or draw with Stoke

So the "can they do it on a rainy/Tuesday night in Stoke" cliche is done?

I'm looking at squads, I'm looking a class and I'm looking tradition, yes the very odd turn up the books will give a shock but I wouldn't be cheering that stat to be honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2017, 11:11:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2017, 11:08:08 PM

So the "can they do it on a rainy/Tuesday night in Stoke" cliche is done?

I'm looking at squads, I'm looking a class and I'm looking tradition, yes the very odd turn up the books will give a shock but I wouldn't be cheering that stat to be honest

Wasn't cheering it.

I was (indirectly) making a comment on the popular perception that it is a difficult place to get a result.

gawa316

Weird 3 nil win that... didn't think it was a great performance and stoke can be rightly pissed with a few of the decisions.

Did they ever confirm the ball was out of play during the build up to the first goal?

GJL

Quote from: gawa316 on November 29, 2017, 11:31:28 PM
Weird 3 nil win that... didn't think it was a great performance and stoke can be rightly pissed with a few of the decisions.

Did they ever confirm the ball was out of play during the build up to the first goal?

All of the ball did not go over all of the line so goal rightly stood but if Mingnolet had of got the red he deserved it could of been very different.

Capt Pat

The Stoke player dived when he could have stroked the ball into an empty net. Mignolet still should have got red for knocking him off balance.

gawa316

Quote from: GJL on November 29, 2017, 11:45:02 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 29, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

All of the ball did not go over all of the line so goal rightly stood but if Mingnolet had of got the red he deserved it could of been very different.

Indeed it would but I've been told many's a time  on here...these things tend to even themselves out over the season!

Gabriel_Hurl

You can read it as bad as you want

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 30, 2017, 04:03:40 AM

You can read it as bad as you want

Saying United haven't won in the last 5 visits to stoke, Id say it doesn't read that badly.   ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Which is crap reading, but to big up Stoke cause Utd have failed seems desperate.. Stoke are rubbish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Good 3 points but Mignolet should definitely have walked. Important to win with all the other champions league contenders bar sours picking up the win.

Have not yet seen the game but Solanke seems to be getting decent reviews by all accounts. Could mean Sturridge goes in January.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2017, 08:56:49 AM
Which is crap reading, but to big up Stoke cause Utd have failed seems desperate.. Stoke are rubbish

I don't think anyone is bigging up Stoke. The point is that Liverpool have a record of dropping stupid points, and it's noteworthy that in their last 6 visits to this team, they've won 5 of them. (We won't mention the 6th!!) If they had a similar record against all the teams from 6th and below, they'd probably have 2 league titles won in that span.

J70

On the dropping points against lower sides issue, Liverpool seem to be going the other away this season (so far).

They played all the top eight teams, and are 1-4-2 against them.

Rest it's 6-1-0.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2017, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 29, 2017, 09:38:52 PM
Whew, bit more comfortable now.

Salah on some roll
3-0 now  Salah again  ;D
Best player in the league right now?

If Salah holds this sort of form would it be plausible he is worth more than couthino come the summer
Fair play to kloop he was a great purchase
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

laoislad

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 30, 2017, 01:58:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2017, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 29, 2017, 09:38:52 PM
Whew, bit more comfortable now.

Salah on some roll
3-0 now  Salah again  ;D
Best player in the league right now?

If Salah holds this sort of form would it be plausible he is worth more than couthino come the summer
Fair play to kloop he was a great purchase
Fantastic business. Saw a thread on boards.ie last night and some Man United fan reckoned Salah wouldn't get into the United team...lol

As you say now though he will have a price on his head now and the likes of Barca,PSG and Madrid will surely be sniffing around.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Selling club now? Thats the reason Liverpool are not winning the league, if he and couthino go in the summer that be bad business surely?