The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on October 24, 2016, 07:40:36 PM
Step away from the troll!
Look The Stallion is allowed hos opinion like all the other Liverpool fans  ;D

cadhlancian

Sturridge should have been sold in the summer. Bad attitude and doesn't fit in with the way he wants to play. Will be roaded in January I think...

TabClear

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 25, 2016, 03:18:29 AM
Sturridge should have been sold in the summer. Bad attitude and doesn't fit in with the way he wants to play. Will be roaded in January I think...

Don't know that I would agree with that.  To be fair to sturridge I don't think you can fault his temperament or commitment a la Mario. Just a different type of player that does not suit the system. He is a confidence player and his injuries have ruined any chance of getting a run.

There are not that many strikers that would work in klopps system.  You have to be a hard worker but also skilful and able to play instant through balls. Suarez   would be the ultimate.  Would Ronaldo fit in given his work rate?

Hound

Quote from: TabClear on October 25, 2016, 07:34:36 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 25, 2016, 03:18:29 AM

Don't know that I would agree with that.  To be fair to sturridge I don't think you can fault his temperament or commitment a la Mario. Just a different type of player that does not suit the system. He is a confidence player and his injuries have ruined any chance of getting a run.

There are not that many strikers that would work in klopps system.  You have to be a hard worker but also skilful and able to play instant through balls. Suarez   would be the ultimate.  Would Ronaldo fit in given his work rate?
Sturridge still the best finisher we have. I think his workrate has been good this season. Be a big mistake to let him go in January, especially as it looks like the league title race should be wide open, with no team being particularly good.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2016, 11:11:35 AM

No posts from you condemning United fans for distasteful chants?   Or do you only becoming outraged when you lose? 

laoislad

Plenty of youngsters to get a game tonight according to reports. Ings to start hopefully.  He's been banging them in for the U/23s.
I'm sure Spurs will make changes also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dec

Link

gawa316

Lots of changes...

LIVERPOOL (4-2-3-1): Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno; Stewart, Ejaria; Origi, Grujic, Wijnaldum; Sturridge. Subs: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Lallana, Can, Mane, Ings.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gawa316 on October 25, 2016, 06:53:20 PM
Lots of changes...

LIVERPOOL (4-2-3-1): Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno; Stewart, Ejaria; Origi, Grujic, Wijnaldum; Sturridge. Subs: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Lallana, Can, Mane, Ings.
Why select the second string side? Unlike Tottenham Liverpool have no European football this season and should be trying harder to win these cup competitions.

AZOffaly

Trying to give lads games. I've no issue with it. In fact I'd have started Ings.

laoislad

I'm disappointed Ings isn't starting. Thought Harry Wilson might have made the squad also.

TabClear

Has a bit of the pre season feel to it.  Lucas has been very solid, the ultimate pro. Sturridge proving what he brings to the table in terms of strikers instinct.  But disjointed in midfield, grujic been out of the game and a few of the youngsters trying things that aren't coming off.

laoislad

FFS we should be out of sight at this stage. Soft peno but  typical Lucas.

laoislad

Nervy last ten but they should have really been 3 or 4 up at that stage.
Good to get the win and the bulk of the first team squad rested for the weekend so happy days.
Also,it was nice to see a team come to Anfield and attack a bit.....