Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2016, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2016, 10:43:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2016, 10:40:40 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 17, 2016, 10:17:17 PM
Yes United parked the bus....at the Liverpool end for the entire first half! ;D

From the 25th minute on, United sat back.
They didn't exactly do much attacking for the first 25 min either!

Perhaps not, but they were by far the better team during that period.

United didn't look interested in trying to attack even when they were dominating possesion.  Rashford looked dangerous a couple of times but in general him and young sat so deep it didn't give Clyne or Milner a chance to get forward. Pity Rooney didn't start.

Sturridge really missed his opportunity yesterday.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in January. Great striker but didn't fit the system.  It needs a pressing, niggly no 9 who has quick feet around the box.  When is Suarez 's contract up at Barca?......... ;D

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2016, 10:41:37 PM
Quote from: TabClear on October 17, 2016, 10:05:05 PM
Only one team interested in trying to win that.  Mourinho did what he came to do but f**k his teams are brutal to watch. I was never a Ferguson fan but at least his teams were entertaining.

Just shows how far United have fallen when you hear the commentators talking about how poor Liverpool were as if they were playing a championship team.  United were doing nothing going forward but to hear Neville it was as if was one of the great underdog stories. De Gea had a couple of great saves as he always does against Liverpool.  Great keeper.

Lallana made a massive difference when he came on. Really brought couthino into it. Can to be fair improved a lot as well. Herrera very good in first half for United.

As for Pogba... £90m????? apparently buys you one good cross a game!
I had to switch off Sky Sports and watched it on an amercian channel.Couldn't listen to Neville anymore. You would think this had been the greatest performance ever put in by a united side listening to him.

Ryan Giggs was worser. He seemed to be selling himself as a potential manager.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TabClear

Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2016, 10:58:31 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2016, 10:41:37 PM
Quote from: TabClear on October 17, 2016, 10:05:05 PM
Only one team interested in trying to win that.  Mourinho did what he came to do but f**k his teams are brutal to watch. I was never a Ferguson fan but at least his teams were entertaining.

Just shows how far United have fallen when you hear the commentators talking about how poor Liverpool were as if they were playing a championship team.  United were doing nothing going forward but to hear Neville it was as if was one of the great underdog stories. De Gea had a couple of great saves as he always does against Liverpool.  Great keeper.

Lallana made a massive difference when he came on. Really brought couthino into it. Can to be fair improved a lot as well. Herrera very good in first half for United.

As for Pogba... £90m????? apparently buys you one good cross a game!
I had to switch off Sky Sports and watched it on an amercian channel.Couldn't listen to Neville anymore. You would think this had been the greatest performance ever put in by a united side listening to him.

Ryan Giggs was worser. He seemed to be selling himself as a potential manager.

He should have concentrated on selling himself in the Swansea interview

Denn Forever

QuoteSturridge really missed his opportunity yesterday.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in January. Great striker but didn't fit the system.  It needs a pressing, niggly no 9 who has quick feet around the box.  When is Suarez 's contract up at Barca?......... ;D

Shane Long?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

TabClear

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 18, 2016, 11:05:56 AM
QuoteSturridge really missed his opportunity yesterday.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in January. Great striker but didn't fit the system.  It needs a pressing, niggly no 9 who has quick feet around the box.  When is Suarez 's contract up at Barca?......... ;D

Shane Long?

I would like to see Danny ings get a run out against spurs next week in the league cup. Hard worker and good finisher. Only problem is that is unlikely that countinho and mane etc will all play.  Ings had been scoring for fun in the u23 team but didn't even make the bench yesterday.

TabClear

Read this comment on another board "if Mourinho had directed Die Hard it would have been 2 hours of Bruce Willis hiding in a cupboard with Mourinho applauding him for not getting shot"  :D

Minder

I doubt it would be classed as a "tactical masterclass" if LVG or Moyes presided over that last night
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on October 18, 2016, 12:50:44 PM
I doubt it would be classed as a "tactical masterclass" if LVG or Moyes presided over that last night

f**k, it was dung with lord knows how many millions of pounds of 'talent' on the pitch!

ashman

Quote from: johnneycool on October 18, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 18, 2016, 12:50:44 PM

f**k, it was dung with lord knows how many millions of pounds of 'talent' on the pitch!

The cost of the dung on the pitch last night should grow a lot of mushrooms !!!

Fuzzman

I'm always amazed how many fans talk about Shane Long as an answer to their striker problems.
I know it's early days but look at his stats so far this year
Played 10, started 6, scored 0, No assists.
Compare to Charlie Austin.
Played 9, started 6, 7 goals, 1 assist.

The Stallion

Shane Long shouldn't be playing Premier League football. He works hard but is not a good striker.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Stallion on October 19, 2016, 01:41:24 PM
Shane Long shouldn't be playing Premier League football. He works hard but is not a good striker.

Shit. I agree with this.

The Stallion

Get used to that feeling. Soon enough you'll all realise I've been right about Klopp too.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Stallion on October 19, 2016, 02:17:30 PM
Get used to that feeling. Soon enough you'll all realise I've been right about Klopp too.

Nope. You're on your crazy own with that one.