The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

The squad for the Bohemioan game may be similat to the squad for the Dunmanaway game in Cork with babel, Kuyt and D'Agger playing.

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 27, 2009, 02:17:41 PM
The squad for the Bohemioan game may be similat to the squad for the Dunmanaway game in Cork with babel, Kuyt and D'Agger playing.
Well with Liverpool playing on the 16th and the 19th, there's no chance of any of those 3 playing v Bohs on the 17th. Maybe Skrtel might have some involvement to get him ready for the following weekend. Otherwise it'll be guys who are outside the matchday squad of 16 for both games - perhaps the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco, Spearing and Plessis.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2009, 03:32:49 PM
Well with Liverpool playing on the 16th and the 19th, there's no chance of any of those 3 playing v Bohs on the 17th. Maybe Skrtel might have some involvement to get him ready for the following weekend. Otherwise it'll be guys who are outside the matchday squad of 16 for both games - perhaps the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco, Spearing and Plessis.

Never thought of that Hound.  Watching the Singapore game, what did anyone think of these lads, particularly Nemeth and Pacheco.  I know the opposition were poor but I though that Pacheco looked like he will be a class act.  I thought Nemeth's touch let him down a small bit but he could be clinical in front of goal with a good run in the first team.  Either would be a better option than Vorinin as a second striking option.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 27, 2009, 04:13:12 PM

Never thought of that Hound.  Watching the Singapore game, what did anyone think of these lads, particularly Nemeth and Pacheco.  I know the opposition were poor but I though that Pacheco looked like he will be a class act.  I thought Nemeth's touch let him down a small bit but he could be clinical in front of goal with a good run in the first team.  Either would be a better option than Vorinin as a second striking option.

Stephen Hawking would be a better option than Vorinin as a second striking option
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Have only seen dribs and drabs of pre-season and I hear Pacheco has been very poor bar yesterday.

Last year he looked so lively, and a real option.

Nemeth, however, has impressed me greatly any I time I have seen him, a classy finisher. Of the two I'd say he is the most likely to get game time.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on July 27, 2009, 04:23:25 PM

Have only seen dribs and drabs of pre-season and I hear Pacheco has been very poor bar yesterday.

Nemeth, however, has impressed me greatly any I time I have seen him, a classy finisher. Of the two I'd say he is the most likely to get game time.

Well you hear wrong re Pacheco.
Up to the Singapore game, Pacheco has been far more impressive in the pre-season friendlies than Nemeth. Pacehco has been far more lively and sharper. Very tricky and good dribbling skills - as usual for young guys like him, the end product / final ball is what he has to work on. Nemeth has not been good in the pre season games, but two good finishes v Singapore should be a huge boost to his confidence and we'll hopefully see a big improvement the next time he gets a run.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2009, 07:21:28 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 27, 2009, 04:23:25 PM

Well you hear wrong re Pacheco.
Up to the Singapore game, Pacheco has been far more impressive in the pre-season friendlies than Nemeth. Pacehco has been far more lively and sharper. Very tricky and good dribbling skills - as usual for young guys like him, the end product / final ball is what he has to work on. Nemeth has not been good in the pre season games, but two good finishes v Singapore should be a huge boost to his confidence and we'll hopefully see a big improvement the next time he gets a run.

Heard from a number of Pool fans that he was horrible in the games, particualry the game before last, was it Malaysia?

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on July 28, 2009, 09:28:11 AM
Heard from a number of Pool fans that he was horrible in the games, particualry the game before last, was it Malaysia?
Well I've seen most of them all, albeit not always giving them full attention, and Pacheco certainly hasn't been horrible. Here's some comments from eejits like us on another site (and unlike us they don't always agree with each other  ;)  ) about performances so far - albeit nothing on the Thailand game either positive or negaitve specifically relating to Pacheco - so maybe he was bad in that game, I can't remember one way or t'other.

St Galen
Nemeth - tried too hard, though he showed some good touches

Pacheco - his decision making was very poor (tried too hard to impress) but his ability was there for all to see. Didn't look out of place at all

Pacheco again looks like he has an incredible future. Thought he looked very strong on the ball when receiving with a man at his back, fantastic touch and a reading of the game far beyond his years, the reverse pass to pick out Yossi early on especially. I thought there were 2 Pachecos out there though, the one who was incredible when there wasn't a shot on, and he focused on finding a man, and the one where there was a shot on and he got a little flustered and caught between 2 minds. That will come with experience though.

Nemeth, Looking at what he did and tried to do he actually impressed me a lot. His movement and ideas are very Torresesque, and most of them only didnt come off cause he didn't quite have the strength to push his momentum through. A good weights regime and a little more development and he could be great.

Nemeth looked completely out of his depth in my opinion. Tried but just doesn't have the physique.
I was very impressed with Pacheco. The way he constantly looked for the ball and how he made space for himself really impressed me.

Some of Nemeths general play was great, vision for one move when he played the ball to a runner out on the left was superb.

Pacheco - I thought was excellent. Obviously trying to get his name on the score sheet, which led to a few bad decisions in front of goal, but I'll excuse him that in pre-season. Definitely one to watch, and only 18. Movement and control were excellent.

Rapid Vienna
Pretty poor match in general. Pacheco really impressed me again. He is going to be a major deal in a few seasons time.

Pacheco is going to be the business alright.

I would almost chose Pacheco ahead of Babel/Ngog up front, due to his ability to hold up the ball.

Pacheco is not a striker. He's an AM. He couldn't handle playing up front in the PL on his own.

Disagree. I've seen enough of him to think he has the potential to handle it up there. He's quick, excellent ball control, decent passer, great skill, not afraid to take on players etc. Although technically an AM, could do a job up front - and better than most.

Singapore
Pacheco is playing extremely well again.
Both him and Nemeth have looked extremely impressive

Nemeth has been good alright but I still think he is someway off getting into the first team.

Pacheco, for me anyway, seems to be a fair bit ahead in terms of development in terms of making space for himself, maintaining possession and choosing passes. Also seems to have quite a bit of pace and is a lot stronger than his build would suggest. He seems to be playing a fair bit deeper than I would have seen him previously play but seems to be completely comfortable doing so. I am thinking that we may see him quite a bit in the first team next season.

corn02

I bow to your knowledge Hound, here's hoping, he looks a very technicall gifted player. Nemeth's finish abilty would still make me think he will get the chance first.

So Alonso is in Madrid apparently. Rumours of course.

EC Unique

So if Alonso is in Madrid and Arbeloa good as gone too and possibly Mascherano going as well Rafa must have a few good signings up his sleeve?  He would need to if Liverpool are to remain top four!

slievegullion

Quote from: EC Unique on July 28, 2009, 01:27:04 PM
So if Alonso is in Madrid and Arbeloa good as gone too and possibly Mascherano going as well Rafa must have a few good signings up his sleeve?  He would need to if Liverpool are to remain top four!

Thats a nothing post. Arbeloa was replaced by the better player Johnson. Macherano is going nowhere. And Alonso will now need to be replaced but that has been public knowledge for weeks.

EC Unique

Hound

With Barca spending a heap on Ibra, and keeping all their current excellent crop of centrefield men, the chances of Mascho leaving have certainly receded, though nothing is certain.

I think the whole squad is in Spain at the moment so not overly worried about Alonso been seen there. I think its still 50/50 about whether Alonso will go or not. The Madrid president is quoted in some of the English papers this morning (Guardian being one) as saying that Alonso's price tag is unrealistic and they won't pay the £32m. But again, could all be part of the negotiating tactics.

If Alonso starts any of the friendlies I think its likely he stays. Until then I think its more likely he'll be sold.

Looks certain that Arbeloa is gone to Madrid for about £4.5m and looks like Dossena will go to Napoli for a similar sum.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2009, 03:27:24 PM
With Barca spending a heap on Ibra, and keeping all their current excellent crop of centrefield men, the chances of Mascho leaving have certainly receded, though nothing is certain.

I think the whole squad is in Spain at the moment so not overly worried about Alonso been seen there. I think its still 50/50 about whether Alonso will go or not. The Madrid president is quoted in some of the English papers this morning (Guardian being one) as saying that Alonso's price tag is unrealistic and they won't pay the £32m. But again, could all be part of the negotiating tactics.

If Alonso starts any of the friendlies I think its likely he stays. Until then I think its more likely he'll be sold.

Looks certain that Arbeloa is gone to Madrid for about £4.5m and looks like Dossena will go to Napoli for a similar sum.

Flew into Gatwick yesterday morning Hound, think there is a few days free before Espanypl. Of course Alonso could be visiting relatives, and it may be rumours.

Still look set to go, but it has receeded slightly.