The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2016, 08:41:03 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 20, 2016, 07:55:28 PM
QuoteWhy once in a generation? And why was he sold
Once in a generation because someone with that amount of talent evert signing for Liverpool is a fluke of epic proportions. He was sold becausebhe couldn't wait to get out of the place.
Why did Man City get the Qataris and not Liverpool?

I don't get it either, they've pumped a lot of money into City and continue to do so allegedly through articifical commercial deals. It can't be far off 2 billion so far whilst they could have bought Liverpool and achieved the success they've had for a fraction of the cost.

City have a good support base but nothing like Liverpool and it's a real struggle for them to fill the stadium. They give away a lot of tickets for free that are not used and count them as tickets sold in terms of attendance figures.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 21, 2016, 12:00:02 PM
QuoteDo you think when wealthy people buy big houses with Multiple bedrooms they are doing so because they plan on having a big family?

Less of the trick questions FTB.   You well know the only 'big house' 95% of Liverpool fans would be familiar with is the magistrate's court.
<ROFL> Hilarity ensues. The crime rate in Manchester is higher than in Liverpool.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 20, 2016, 09:47:00 PM
Main reason I think was that the infrastructure was there. Manchester City inherited the Etihad Stadium from the Commonwealth games. With a capacity of 55,097, the third-largest stadium in the Premier League.  A North Stand third tier has planning approval and work on it is expected to begin by 2017, increasing capacity to around 61,000. Anfield has a capacity of    44,742.

Also City probably was a bit cheaper?
Liverpool has a better back story and brand . It's strange

naka

heard Liverpool playing barca in Dublin on 6 august in a friendly

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

dec

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteLiverpool's ICC fixtures are as follows:

July 27: Liverpool v Chelsea – Rose Bowl; Pasadena, California. 8:30pm Pacific time (4.30am BST, July 28).
July 30: Liverpool v AC Milan – Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara, California. 7pm Pacific time (3am BST, July 31).
August 6: Liverpool v FC Barcelona – TBD European venue. 3pm BST.

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 22, 2016, 07:36:43 PM
QuoteLiverpool's ICC fixtures are as follows:

July 27: Liverpool v Chelsea – Rose Bowl; Pasadena, California. 8:30pm Pacific time (4.30am BST, July 28).
July 30: Liverpool v AC Milan – Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara, California. 7pm Pacific time (3am BST, July 31).
August 6: Liverpool v FC Barcelona – TBD European venue. 3pm BST.

That July 30 sorted, lovely jubbly.

Might even try to squeeze into my 2005 tap for old (5) times!!

heganboy

How long are we expecting Sturridge to be out after the England game? Back for August?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TabClear

Gotze rumour seems to be gathering legs although it might just be that he is German.  In the houllier era we were linked with every French player on the market, under Rafa you just had to be Spanish to be signed and under Rodgers.....

Gotze would be a decent signing but quite similar to couthinho and firminio? I would be happier with a big name centre back.

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on March 29, 2016, 06:12:16 PM
Gotze rumour seems to be gathering legs although it might just be that he is German.  In the houllier era we were linked with every French player on the market, under Rafa you just had to be Spanish to be signed and under Rodgers.....

Gotze would be a decent signing but quite similar to couthinho and firminio? I would be happier with a big name centre back.

Well Matip has already signed and there is rumour of another German defender whose name escapes me at the moment.
If the Gotze rumour is true and he does sign then its a positive sign for the future. In The Brodge era we went for Alexis Sanchez and ended up with Ricky Lambert.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on March 29, 2016, 06:34:29 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 29, 2016, 06:12:16 PM

Well Matip has already signed and there is rumour of another German defender whose name escapes me at the moment.
If the Gotze rumour is true and he does sign then its a positive sign for the future. In The Brodge era we went for Alexis Sanchez and ended up with Ricky Lambert.

Wasn't it Super Mario???!!!

TabClear

Cologne left back hector had been linked so that might be who your thinking off LL.  Don't know much about him to be honest. Hopefully Matip will give us a physical presence in the air that had been missing since Sami retired. However I would like a ball playing centre half, a fit version of Agger!

laoislad

So this illicit chanting that UEFA are charging Liverpool was actually them singing 'Manchester is full of shite' and not what StGalls and Maroon Manc would have you believe.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Yeah, but the United fans weren't charged with Hillsborough chants either, so who knows what these UEFA dickheads heard..