The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 10, 2009, 09:53:09 AM
Rafa needs to keep his mouth shut. Slabbering on about money, while Liverpool introduce a player they paid over the odds for as well as doubling his wages.

For feck sake, I think that Rafa was making the point that he had to pay over the odds due to the market going crazy. On one hand he gets grief for paying big money and then when he explains himself he gets grief. The press have really played up on his comments.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on July 10, 2009, 09:43:12 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 10, 2009, 09:27:16 AM
Looks like Gareth Barry told Liverpool to f**k off and Rafa is none too pleased :D

No but most pool fans will be if Alonso stays.

Amazing that it took you two weeks to try and get your dig in due to Tevez telling United to f**k off.

Did Rafa make the statement 2 weeks ago?

corn02

Quote from: bingobus on July 10, 2009, 09:57:27 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 10, 2009, 09:53:09 AM
Rafa needs to keep his mouth shut. Slabbering on about money, while Liverpool introduce a player they paid over the odds for as well as doubling his wages.

For feck sake, I think that Rafa was making the point that he had to pay over the odds due to the market going crazy. On one hand he gets grief for paying big money and then when he explains himself he gets grief. The press have really played up on his comments.

Don;t go bringing common sense into it.

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on July 10, 2009, 10:03:58 AM
Looks like Gareth Barry told Liverpool to f**k off and Rafa is none too pleased :D

Amazing that it took you two weeks to try and get your dig in due to Tevez telling United to f**k off.

No but Barry joined City yonks ago.

EC Unique

Looks like the Ribery claims are SkyBet trying to regain some of the losses they took on Owen signing for Utd. I'm sure some fell for it and lumped on :D. Doubt if Liverpool would have the £££££ for Ribery unless Alonso deal was done. Even at that I could not see them forking out.

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on July 10, 2009, 12:43:46 PM
Looks like the Ribery claims are SkyBet trying to regain some of the losses they took on Owen signing for Utd. I'm sure some fell for it and lumped on :D. Doubt if Liverpool would have the £££££ for Ribery unless Alonso deal was done. Even at that I could not see them forking out.

Never in a million years, just don;t have the moolah. Apparently there was only something lke £300 on originally and they either shit themselves or saw it as great publicity.

If it came to Alonso or Robery it's Xabi all the time.

Sadly he is 11/10 to be at the Pool next year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on July 10, 2009, 10:04:49 AM

Before this morning did everybody know Liverpool tried to sign Barry this summer? Didn't realise they had till this morning.

Confirms Barry just went for the money then. Strange move from Benetiz, he must either be resigned to losing one or both of Alonso and Mascherano or would have been happy to see one go.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 10, 2009, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 10, 2009, 10:04:49 AM

Before this morning did everybody know Liverpool tried to sign Barry this summer? Didn't realise they had till this morning.

Confirms Barry just went for the money then. Strange move from Benetiz, he must either be resigned to losing one or both of Alonso and Mascherano or would have been happy to see one go.
]

Yes they made a late offer at the time.

Indeed TAC, it would appear Alonso will be gone.

EC Unique

All joking aside Corn... Do you think Liverpool could end up selling both Alonso and Mascherano without a major replacement? Would Rafa be under pressure from above to get some money back in? This would pretty much rule Liverpool out of the EPL race IMHO if it were to be the case. Even if it were just to be Alonso I think you lot would be out of it!

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on July 10, 2009, 01:23:09 PM
All joking aside Corn... Do you think Liverpool could end up selling both Alonso and Mascherano without a major replacement? Would Rafa be under pressure from above to get some money back in? This would pretty much rule Liverpool out of the EPL race IMHO if it were to be the case. Even if it were just to be Alonso I think you lot would be out of it!

It's silly season EC, everything has to be taken with a pich of salt, but Alonso looks like a goner if Madrid come anywhere near Liverpool's price.

The relationship between Xabi and Rafa is supposedly not great after last yeatr. People will look back and say 'how could he try and seel him', but they would forget the previous two seasons when Alonso's form dipped considerably. If Alonso puts in a transfer request, Madrid will bid about £25 million and he will be gone in my opinion, and so will our title hopes.

Mascherano is an interesting one. It is the one that is making the most noises but the least likeliest to happen. If Messi would ever shut up it would probably dissappear.

The end of the day both have three years left so the ball is in Liverpool's court.

If one or both went we would have massive gaps. Cambiasso was mentioned yesterday and his arrival would soften the blow because he is excellent, although not excatly young.

We would get about 50 million if both went, but a lack of suitable replacements would mean it was detrimental to the team.

I'm just hoping Xabi stays until the first pre-season game where the fans are sure to make their feelings known.

blewuporstuffed

i see on the liverpool website squad numbers for 09/10 season, Dossena hasnt been given a number, would seem he is certain to leave
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

corn02

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 10, 2009, 02:04:20 PM
i see on the liverpool website squad numbers for 09/10 season, Dossena hasnt been given a number, would seem he is certain to leave

Saw that, and Vornoin has one.  :-\

They had Johnson jersies for sale even before we signed him.

longball

What no is johnson wearing?
can someone post the numbers i dont wanta have the liverpool website on my web history would look bad.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

stevo-08

Liverpool FC Squad - 2009-2010
1.Diego Cavalieri
2.Glen Johnson
5.Daniel Agger
8.Steven Gerrard
9.Fernando Torres
10.Andriy Voronin
11.Albert Riera
12.Fabio Aurelio
14.Xabi Alonso
15.Yossi Benayoun
17.Alvaro Arbeloa
18.Dirk Kuyt
19.Ryan Babel
20.Javier Mascherano
21.Lucas Leiva
22.Emiliano Insua
23.Jamie Carragher
24.David Ngog
25.Pepe Reina
26.Jay Spearing
27.Philipp Degen
28.Damien Plessis
29.Krisztian Nemeth
30.Charles Itandje
31.Nabil El Zhar
32.Stephen Darby
34.Martin Kelly
35.Ryan Flynn
36.Steven Irwin
37.Martin Skrtel
38.Craig Lindfield
39.Nathan Eccleston
41.Martin Hansen
42.Peter Gulacsi

I thought Liverpool had got rid of that clown...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on July 10, 2009, 01:34:33 PM

The relationship between Xabi and Rafa is supposedly not great after last yeatr. People will look back and say 'how could he try and seel him', but they would forget the previous two seasons when Alonso's form dipped considerably. If Alonso puts in a transfer request, Madrid will bid about £25 million and he will be gone in my opinion, and so will our title hopes.

Being a bit dramatic there corn do you not think?
Alonso is no doubt a world class player but even if he goes there is enough good players at Anfield and if Rafa signs someone or maybe even two players for the €25mill I don't see how selling Alonso is going to stop us winning the league..
You'll Never Walk Alone.