The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: gawa316 on November 30, 2015, 05:37:11 PM
So 4 points off top 4, 6 off top having played utd, arse, everton, city, spurs, chelsea and stoke all away from home.

What we hoping for from this season?

3rd maybe? CL would be a job well done.  I've enjoyed watching the team under Klopp,  though missed Sundays game.  Enjoy watching the team playing with plenty of heart and energy, you know,  players going someway to earning their mighty cheques

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on November 30, 2015, 06:23:37 PM
So 4 points off top 4, 6 off top having played utd, arse, everton, city, spurs, chelsea and stoke all away from home.

3rd maybe? CL would be a job well done.  I've enjoyed watching the team under Klopp,  though missed Sundays game.  Enjoy watching the team playing with plenty of heart and energy, you know,  players going someway to earning their mighty cheques

Catch yourself on with your 3rd,  it's our f**king year,  did you not know that?   Our f**king year!!!

From the Bunker

Just something that caught me out a few times this year. FC Rubin's crest from a distance looks like the Liverpool Liver Bird Crest.

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 30, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Catch yourself on with your 3rd,  it's our f**king year,  did you not know that?   Our f**king year!!!

Dare to dream big guy!

laoislad

I dunno. The United boys are fairly confident over on their thread that they have it in the bag.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 06:48:39 PM

I dunno. The United boys are fairly confident over on their thread that they have it in the bag.

Ah f**k that's that sorted then,  it's not our year.  :(

gawa316

Is that not only if they spend over one trillion big ones on 3 marquee signings though? They have had to start from scratch after all plus I'm not sure what the net spend will be.

mikehunt

Quote from: stiffler on November 30, 2015, 05:40:49 PM
The fact the team have looked more suitable to playing away from home has to be considered also.

That's my worry. Losing to Palace and struggling to beat a poor Swansea means home points might be hard to get. Top 4 would be a great achievement.

laoislad

The home form will come.I'm not worried about that at all.
The last two home games have come straight after European games also if I'm not mistaken so maybe that has an effect on them?
Also it's easy to get up for the bigger games like Chelsea and City even if they are away.
Couthino was a big loss on Sunday also. Sometimes you have to win playing ugly,they weren't in top form Sunday but they still won.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 09:39:29 PM
The last two home games have come straight after European games also if I'm not mistaken so maybe that has an effect on them?
Also it's easy to get up for the bigger games like Chelsea and City even if they are away.
Couthino was a big loss on Sunday also. Sometimes you have to win playing ugly,they weren't in top form Sunday but they still won.

Exactly,  more often than not Sunday would have been a 1-1 draw or even a late 2-1 loss.  Once the like of DS15 and Henderson get up to game pace then I can see the home form improving.  The next 5 league games are very winnable but they need to regularly start hitting 2-3 goals a game.

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 30, 2015, 09:54:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2015, 09:39:29 PM

Exactly,  more often than not Sunday would have been a 1-1 draw or even a late 2-1 loss.  Once the like of DS15 and Henderson get up to game pace then I can see the home form improving.  The next 5 league games are very winnable but they need to regularly start hitting 2-3 goals a game.

Is that his hash tag or something?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on November 30, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

Is that not only if they spend over one trillion big ones on 3 marquee signings though? They have had to start from scratch after all plus I'm not sure what the net spend will be.
It's all about the net spend ;D

heganboy

i do get worries when Dunphy tips Liverpool for the title, if ever there was a scud...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

StGallsGAA

I'm sure when LVG hits the £300m mark with only one top four finish in 3 seasons the Glazers will consider a change of manager too.

JoG2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 01, 2015, 10:30:12 PM
I'm sure when LVG hits the £300m mark with only one top four finish in 3 seasons the Glazers will consider a change of manager too.

one of the great sights on the board is when you look across from the OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread and see St GallsGAA as the latest poster...fills the heart  ;)