The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

rodney trotter

Ancelotti would be mad keen after watching that

Armamike

Not looking good for the league title.  Can't see Ancellotti being interested, but he needs sounding out.
That's just, like your opinion man.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

When will Liverpool supporters come to,terms with the fact that just like Leeds,Derby,Notts Forest they are now a small club?

J70

To top it all off, Iago Aspas scores two superb break away goals in a 4-1 win over Barca! :o ;D

Shocking defending though.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2015, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2015, 10:50:17 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2015, 10:46:54 PM
He's done. Wait for him to talk about dominating the game now and talking it up. I wonder will he be in charge for the next round? They won't beat villa, Everton or sion like that.
I've held off on saying anything about if Rodgers should go or not. After watching that tonight though I can't see how he can possibly turn it around.
I think it was something like 47 shots they had and as I said earlier most of them ended up in the Kop.
This is against a team who have the worst defensive record in League 2.!!

I wasn't rushing to call for his head either, but the last few lifeless, insipid performances have convinced me either ha has lost belief in himself and the team, or the players have in themselves. Either way that's tough to come back from, the least we expect is urgency, intent and application. I think they are trying, but they are just trying to hang on, not go for it.

Jaysus lad, its the last six months! If it was a temporary skid, he'd have an excuse.

Ever since that lesson United gave them in the first 30 minutes at Anfield in March, they've completely collapsed. United won one of their last six games and still coasted to the 4th place finish! The Liverpool players couldn't even rise themselves to put in the effort for the cup semi final against Villa FFS.

Apart from the one game against Arsenal, they've been utter shite. Its time for a change.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on September 24, 2015, 12:15:05 AM
To top it all off, Iago Aspas scores two superb break away goals in a 4-1 win over Barca! :o ;D

Shocking defending though.

Barca defence not quite up to Carlisle level.  :D
MWWSI 2017

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

StGallsGAA

How does Mickey Mouse tell the time? 

On his Liverpool watch!!! ;D

laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on September 24, 2015, 08:28:13 AM
47 shots last nite. Mental.
And very little of them tested the Goalkeeper.

I see Gary Mac now talking the same shite as Rodgers, going on about the great character they showed to come through the penalties.
It was a Division 4 side FFS!! A Division 4 side who have conceded more goals than any other Division 4 side this season so far and Liverpool hardly even gave their Goalie a shot to save.
Great character me hole.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

At least he hasn't completely lost the penalty shoot-out winning mojo :-\

AZOffaly

In fairness Gary Mc is always going to sing off that hymnsheet. He'll be gone as soon as Rodgers is.

He made a good point during the week. He said if you are at a club like Liverpool, and things are not going well, you have to have the sort of balls to stand up and relish that, and drive it on.

The only thing I would say to that, is the same applies to the management team, and if anything it looks like they are retreating more and more into their shells instead of grabbing it by the scruff of the neck.

They are, somehow, only 2 points behind 5th place Arsenal. It's not too late to save the season. There are no major injuries apart from Henderson. This is his team, and if he believes in them, he needs to get them playing now. A good run, and he might save himself, but I doubt it at this stage.

I foresee no better than 2 points in the next two league games, (Everton would love to get him the sack), and if that happens, he has to go immediately.

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 24, 2015, 09:28:46 AM
In fairness Gary Mc is always going to sing off that hymnsheet. He'll be gone as soon as Rodgers is.

He made a good point during the week. He said if you are at a club like Liverpool, and things are not going well, you have to have the sort of balls to stand up and relish that, and drive it on.

The only thing I would say to that, is the same applies to the management team, and if anything it looks like they are retreating more and more into their shells instead of grabbing it by the scruff of the neck.

They are, somehow, only 2 points behind 5th place Arsenal. It's not too late to save the season. There are no major injuries apart from Henderson. This is his team, and if he believes in them, he needs to get them playing now. A good run, and he might save himself, but I doubt it at this stage.

I foresee no better than 2 points in the next two league games, (Everton would love to get him the sack), and if that happens, he has to go immediately.

Liverpool seem to be a confidence team under Rodgers. Can build up a head of steam, go on a run and everything's rosy for a couple of months.  They seem to drop the heads a bit too easily after a poor performance/ result and fall back into a slump which they can't get out of. If the next few weeks follow the same pattern as before, i don't see Liverpool getting many points over the coming weeks.
That's just, like your opinion man.

winghalfun

47 shots?

To be fair to Brendan Rodgers, bar going out on the field and kicking the ball himself, what more can he do to get it in the net?

If professional football players cannot convert 3 or 4 chances out of that amount of opportunities then that is not his fault.

Confidence my arse, as Jim Royal might say. Its time players stood up and took some responsibility for a change instead of everything falling back on the manager.

I watched the Europa League game last week and yes the lack of urgency was alarming.
I am pretty sure though that the BR team talk did not include the phrases "sure take it easy lads" "don't worry too much about it" "just go out and enjoy yourselves".

Professional footballers are paid exorbitant amounts of wages and should know what is expected of them without having to be told, cajoled or pampered to the extent that seems to be required.

Any sport at top level requires dedication and concentration at all times whether it is an individual or team event. Those who get to the top and stay there have these qualities in abundance (along with natural ability).

Those 11 Liverpool players out on the field last night had the talent to beat lowly Carlisle any night of the week.
Even without a manager the kit man should have been able to send out a team that could do so.

This has sweet FA to do with BR and his options and his decisions and his signings. It is everything to do with players not giving their all.
If the reason for that is a reaction to the manager then that is not good enough because he is not paying the wages - the fans are.

It is very easy for a player to hide behind a managerial assault - it is not so easy for a manager to hide behind a lack of effort.