The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Is Motson suggesting racial discrimination? ?

mikehunt

Quote from: GJL on September 22, 2015, 11:25:43 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0333vrj?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_5_live_sports_extra&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music
That's him goosed. When John Motson comes out to bat for you your time is up. Final straw will be if Garth Crooks backs him.

To answer his question about what I expect. I expect not to be beaten 6-1 to Stoke, 3-0 to West Ham drawing at home to Norwich aftet spening a multiple of what these teams spent.

AZOffaly

And I expect the team to show a bit of back bone, and urgency, and have some sort of will to take the game to the opponents, rather than meekly awaiting the inevitable.

illdecide

Just give the man to the end of the season and then judge him because he'll have had his chance to manage his signings and they'll have had their chance to bed in. You sack him between now and Christmas and then by the time you get a new face in to replace him and they settle in and get to know the players it'll be Feb/March time and the season will be over anyway. If come the end of the season and the club's still not happy with the progress then chop him and you've all summer to replace him...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mikehunt

Quote from: illdecide on September 22, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
Just give the man to the end of the season and then judge him because he'll have had his chance to manage his signings and they'll have had their chance to bed in. You sack him between now and Christmas and then by the time you get a new face in to replace him and they settle in and get to know the players it'll be Feb/March time and the season will be over anyway. If come the end of the season and the club's still not happy with the progress then chop him and you've all summer to replace him...

Arsenal and Chelsea are struggling. Top 4 is still a possibility with a new (decent) manager, why wait for the inevitable?

GJL

Quote from: mikehunt on September 22, 2015, 04:05:58 PM

Arsenal and Chelsea are struggling. Top 4 is still a possibility with a new (decent) manager, why wait for the inevitable?

They will both come good. They always do. With Chelsea's result last weekend they may have already turned the corner.

gawa316

I can see you point. I would've been definitely in the pro-BR brigade right up until the Norwich game but my patience is finally beginning to wear thin and I'm not sure what to think anymore. Part of me wants him to stay in the hope that he can get us back to when we were flying, difficult I know without Suarez but even last year around Jan-March he had us playing good and getting results. The other part of me wants Klopp or Ancelotti (doubt he would come) in now when they are still available. Come the end of the season they will probably have already signed for new clubs.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on September 22, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

I can see you point. I would've been definitely in the pro-BR brigade right up until the Norwich game but my patience is finally beginning to wear thin and I'm not sure what to think anymore. Part of me wants him to stay in the hope that he can get us back to when we were flying, difficult I know without Suarez but even last year around Jan-March he had us playing good and getting results. The other part of me wants Klopp or Ancelotti (doubt he would come) in now when they are still available. Come the end of the season they will probably have already signed for new clubs.

My feelings exactly,  if you wait till the end of the season the liklihood is that the Munich job will be up for grabs and the likes of Klopp and Ancelotti would probaly be in the running for it.  There is a real chance at a top 4 spot as Arsenal are not world beaters, chelsea are vulnerable as are United.  Get the right man in,  hopefully Klopp, and I reckon the players would react. 

Mikhailov

I am undecided on this one but what concerns me about Klopp is that last year he struggled with Dortmund and is was put to down to losing Lewandoski from the previous year but now after he has left they are flying and are top of the Bundesliga with a 100% record and a 15+ goal difference after 5 games!. I am aware that maybe he overstayed his tenure and a new voice was needed but the new man has certainly gained better results although it may be a honeymoon period and could soon dry up. Klopp is certainly a decent manager but I have my doubts as to whether he is what Liverpool need at the minute. I think we need someone more experienced and proven if possible but there are not many decent candidates - Ancelotti, Simeone, Low are people who could do a job (if available) but they would not come to Liverpool so we are not top contenders no more. It pains me to say it but Mourinho is what we need at the minute to sort it all out in short term over 2 year period and get us back into top 4 but I hate the c**t.

laoislad

Oh how we could do with Carra now......!

In his latest book, Leading, Alex Ferguson revealed how he admired Jamie Carragher more than any other Liverpool player he came across during his reign as Manchester United manager.

"In my last season he came on as a substitute in a game and I whispered to him, 'Just a wee word, stop kicking our boys.' He responded, 'I'm going to kick every one of them.'"

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

So then,what's all this about Ancelotti this morning?
Apparently Liverpool have made contact with him if you are to believe various media outlets.

I read it on Joe.is first but have seen it on sky sports website also.
Most likely a load of shite.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2015, 08:17:10 AM
So then,what's all this about Ancelotti this morning?
Apparently Liverpool have made contact with him if you are to believe certain various outlets.

I read it on Joe.is first but have seen it on sky sports website also.
Most likely a load of shite.

Would love Ancelotti to be Liverpool manager. Plays decent football, players seem to like him, could attract decent players and appears to be a gent. Would hope there's some truth in the rumours, they have to go for a proven manager this time. They were choosing between Rodgers and Martinez the last time, the only thing those two were proven in was spoofing.

Hereiam

Headin over for my first ever trip to Anfield on Saturday. The other half is working Sunday so it will be a quiet affair as i will be home sat nite. Head early sat morning and will be in Liverpool from 8:30am. Anybody any suggestions on how to kill a few hours over there.

AZOffaly

If it's your first time, do the tour and the museum tour out at Anfield. You'd easily kill a couple of hours doing that. If you want to stay in the city until closer to the match time, you could kill a couple of hours around Liverpool One, the shopping centre, get something to eat etc. (The Everton Club shop in there is cleverly named Everton Two. Everton Two, Liverpool One, Liverpool :) )

deiseach

If you want to kill a few hours in the city centre doing touristy things, I'd recommend the Anglican cathedral. It's a hulking thing from the outside, but the interior is a wondrous combination of old-school Gothic and 20th century building techniques. It's also currently the location of the Hillsborough Eternal Flame while the Main Stand is being upgraded.