The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Was just in my local Boylesports there, in the run up to the start of the League there are a myriad of bets on view. One that caught my eye was "Next manager to go" Rodgers is a 5/1 favourite. Harsh

Hope not, I hope he see's out his contract
Can't believe he's shorter odds than Ranieri or Bilic. Even Pelligrini is on thinner ice!

He's shorter odds than both of the above because it's pretty likely he has been given until Christmas to prove himself and save his job.  Pellegrini is probably in the same position.

gawa316

Quote from: heganboy on August 04, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
based on who is fit.

and a huge amount of optimism.

and yes I know I have Balotelli in there, and I'd have Ings come in for him for the last 30 minutes and Lucas coming in for Firmino at the same time to protect the 3-0 lead.

Can I ask in Balo's time at Liverpool what you have ever seen in him and thought, 'Oh that was reasonably good'

I kind of like the fella but he has been truly awful, it's like playing with 10 men.

gawa316

Here's my line up. Should be 4231 formation.

trileacman

WTF is everyone seeing in Ibe? I really don't get it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gawa316

Quote from: trileacman on August 04, 2015, 11:15:13 PM
WTF is everyone seeing in Ibe? I really don't get it.

Pace, power, bit of trickery, good oul shot on him, unknown quantity to others, good preseason behind him

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stiffler

Lovren will start this weekend going by pre season line ups.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

supersub

Talk of Sturridge back for Utd. Will believe it when I see it.

illdecide

Quote from: supersub on August 05, 2015, 08:58:39 AM
Talk of Sturridge back for Utd. Will believe it when I see it.

that'll be like another new signing for the Pool
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

deiseach

Signing Sturridge is the gift that keeps on giving!

Walter Cronc

Dzeko off to Roma for 14 million. Bargain!

AZOffaly

So a couple of days before the season starts.. what are people's honest thoughts? I believe Liverpool have strengthened at full back and up front, compared to last year. I also think Milner is better than Gerrard circa 2015, but he's not exactly Eden Hazard or anything.

I'm expecting Liverpool to be a better side to watch again this year, and I'm expecting Lovren to have a better year. I think Clyne is an upgrade on Johnson/Manquillo and I think a midfield axis of Henderson, Can and Milner will be better than Henderson, Lucas and Joe Allen. Benteke, Ings and Origi look to be an upgrade on Ballotelli, Borini and Lambert, so I'm hoping there's more goals in the team. With Coutinho, Firmino and Ibe also involved at the top of the pitch, I'm expecting more creativity, and some options for Rodgers if, for example, Coutinho is having one of those games he still has where he is anonymous.

I think they can challenge for a top 4, but are probably 5th or 6th favourites for it. I think Arsenal will be strong, I think United will mature more under van Gaal, so I think the best chance would be of maybe a Manchester City slow start and mutiny. Wouldn't it be nice to win a cup and finish top 4 at the expense of Man City? I think there's a chance, but the first few months fixtures are not kind. Survive that period, be in touching distance and they'll have a decent shot at a top 4 finish.

Mayo4Sam

I think if United lose DeGea then LVG could be gone by Christmas and then a top 4 is within reach.
Who knows what Spurs will do
Arsenal should challenge for the league with Cech
Chelsea are Chelsea but there's echoes of when Mourinho last left. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go again
Who f**king knows with City, keep Aguero fit and Kompany playing well and they'll win the league
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me