The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Dodged a bullet with Benteke I reckon. 1 tricky pony and showed his limitations in the cup final.

Know very little about this lad - will this speed up the Sterling to City transfer?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2015, 08:47:58 AM
You have to say that this is business that was completed unexpectedly well.  ID'ed a target, sorted out the financials quickly and got the deal done.  Maybe the transfer committee or whoever is dealing with things have sorted themselves out and realise that f**king about low-balling teams does not work.  Hopefully this deal also means no Benteke as I really was not sold on him. 

5 deals done and it's not even July, 2 first teamers and 3 decent squad additions, with Ilori, Origi and Wisdom coming back into the the squad.  A right back and another goalscoring forward and keep Sterling and you'd have to be happy!!

I feel it in my bones lads,  this is gonna be our year!!!

I think they still need a defensive midfeilder, but  happy with the signings so far
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

Quote from: laoislad on June 23, 2015, 10:11:14 PM
Sky sports reporting this Firmino deal is agreed.
Honestly, I know very little about him so not going to pretend I do!

Ah laoislad thats not how the game goes;

Once your club buys a player you've never heard off you need to get confidence that some other big club also wanted him, sure Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern were all fighting for his signature but he lumped for <insert club name here> as the fans are the best in the world.

On the flip side, if one of your best players wants to leave, sure he's done, never going to make it, one trick pony, wrecked with injuries, team will be better off without him, repeat ad nauseam....

Thats the transfer window game.

deiseach

Mid-range (!) price, just like Suarez.

South American, just like Suarez.

Huge overbite, just like Suarez.

He'll start out unable to hit the target from two yards, just like Suarez.

That's where the comparisons will end.

laoislad

As I said I know little about the fella. So fair play to some Man United fans for putting together a video of him  ;D

http://youtu.be/0o8joEbztgU
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Spent the night watching youtube videos of this lad and then completely redone my league predictor for the upcoming season.

Not saying much but can you hold a title winning parade round the city the day before the final league match?  :D

AZOffaly

NEver heard of him to be honest, but I will now scour You Tube for all his best moments and assume *every moment* is as good. That's the Graeme Souness way, and dammit I like it.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2015, 10:03:31 AM
As I said I know little about the fella. So fair play to some Man United fans for putting together a video of him  ;D

http://youtu.be/0o8joEbztgU

He'll be at Old Trafford alright, with the Liver Bird proudly on his chest! 

There'll be some craic now if Sterling doesn't actually leave.  Maybe they'll do a Saurez and say that if he signs a new contract then he can leave in 12 months time if no trophy is won for a set price.  a front 4 of Coutinho, Firmino, Sterling and STurridge would be seriously good.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 24, 2015, 10:06:16 AM
NEver heard of him to be honest, but I will now scour You Tube for all his best moments and assume *every moment* is as good. That's the Graeme Souness way, and dammit I like it.

Lionel Messi was on the phone to Brendan recommending his cousin Roberto Firmino

Billys Boots

Did I dream that a bid had been made to RM for Illarramendi? 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 24, 2015, 11:21:31 AM

No apparently a bid has been accepted for £16m.  I'd say that it may happen but will have to wait till Ayres and the boys get home from South America.  Also reckon that they will have to start off loading and either Lucas or Allen might have to move on if he does come in as there won't be the space for all the players that are there.  Allen to someone like Southampton might be a decent deal

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2015, 11:33:34 AM

No apparently a bid has been accepted for £16m.  I'd say that it may happen but will have to wait till Ayres and the boys get home from South America.  Also reckon that they will have to start off loading and either Lucas or Allen might have to move on if he does come in as there won't be the space for all the players that are there.  Allen to someone like Southampton might be a decent deal
It would make a nice to change for Liverpool to be selling average players to Southampton...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2015, 11:33:34 AM

Aye, we owe them a few players.

The wish list - A RB (Clyne), Central Midfielder (Possibly Illarramendi or Kovacic from Inter who has been mentioned this morning) and striker (Bacca or Rondon both linked).

Nail them 3 positions and you'd have good business done.

Plenty to leave - Gerard, Johnson, Jones, Aspas all gone. Enrique, Manquillo, Borini, Ballotelli, Alberto, Coates all nailed to leave. If those signings come off - Lambert and one of Lucas/Allen are likely to go. A few others may go on loan - Wisdom and Illori been the obvious ones.

AZOffaly

They'll surely need cover at RB if Johnson and Manquillo go, with Flanagan's injury? Even if they bought Clyne, they'd only have one right back? Unless Wisdom is slotted in as cover there, I think that's where he played on loan?

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 24, 2015, 11:57:15 AM
They'll surely need cover at RB if Johnson and Manquillo go, with Flanagan's injury? Even if they bought Clyne, they'd only have one right back? Unless Wisdom is slotted in as cover there, I think that's where he played on loan?

Emre Can  ;)