The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 09:50:42 AM
2 years left on his contract.

And lads, no matter how many times ye say things like "ultimately wants to go to a bigger club and realistically win trophies" we know what you are trying to do :)

I think you are being a bit paranoid AZ. Liverpool are no longer a big gun and the lad wants to move up a rung.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 19, 2015, 09:45:50 AM
I can understand where Sterling is coming from, he has given his all the past two seasons for Liverpool but ultimately wants to go to a bigger club and realistically win trophies.  Everyone here would do the same.
Like where, realistically what are his options?
He is unlikely to get a move to Real, Barca or Bayern.
Im not sure any of the other bigger eurpoean clubs would be of interest to him.
in the premier league, there is United, Chelsea, Arsenal  and City
now you can argue United ( i couldnt see him going to united) and Chelsea are bigger clubs and more sucessfull, but Arsenal?
They arent exactly winning things every year, although theya re in champions league and maybe the london draw is a big thing for him.
Man city maybe give him a btter chance of winning trophies, but would he start for them (the same as at chelsea) ? and are they what you would call a 'bigger' club?
this all seems driven by his agent TBH.
If he wants to leave liverpool, then fine, but its hard to see what club would pay him more than the 100k a week liverpool have offered and that he would start every week for.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

I can understand where Sterling is coming from, he has given his all the past two seasons for Liverpool but ultimately wants to go to a bigger club and realistically win trophies.  Everyone here would do the same.

I know you probably trolling but anyway, what about Carra's point last night. Sterling was part of the Liverpool team V Villa in a cup semi final that didn't perform. He was part of a very poor CL and Europa cup campaigns. He was part of a team that let United have a free CL spot with little or no pressure put on them when it was too late. Big players don't let those opportunities pass, natural winners don't. Liverpool are lacking those characters but that includes himself, so if he going to throw about the party line of wanting to win things and play at a bigger club, that doesn't wash with me, as he has played a big part in that not happening.

If you talking about realistically winning trophies that he should really only be joining Chelsea or City as they will dominate football for years to come domestically, the other clubs may get the odd cup. If he wants to experience winning European football then he has to head abroad.

AZOffaly

Quote from: GJL on May 19, 2015, 09:53:20 AM

And lads, no matter how many times ye say things like "ultimately wants to go to a bigger club and realistically win trophies" we know what you are trying to do :)

I think you are being a bit paranoid AZ. Liverpool are no longer a big gun and the lad wants to move up a rung.

Yes. Absolutely. Liverpool are no more than a small fry. They are not 8th in the world in terms of the Forbes rich list. They are not a hugely supported worldwide brand. They are not currently expanding their stadium to hold an extra 13,000 people per match. And they have been nowhere near challenging for trophies in the past couple of years. Why would anyone want to play there?

deiseach

I think it's sweet that there are still people out there who think it's not about the money.

Denn Forever

What team would suit his skill set or could  you see him holding down a permanent position?  Well, I suppose there's England.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

You mustn't have seen many Liverpool games this season if you think he has "given his all"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bingo

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 19, 2015, 10:31:28 AM
What team would suit his skill set or could  you see him holding down a permanent position?  Well, I suppose there's England.

Put him in a quality team with big players and he'll do well and really push onto the next level. He has plenty to offer. With Sturridge, Suarez, Gerard, Henderson, Countinho last season he really fitted in and played a massive part in Liverpools run, he got better and better.

This year he has struggled for the main part. Part of it could be attitude, part of it playing in a numerous positions in an unsettled team. He couldn't step up but in a happier environment with some quality around him, I think he'll only get better and be why I'd be reluctant to see him go as easy as some.

AZOffaly

Part of his struggles this year, as I mentioned a few times, is the lad was bloody 19, and just turned 20 in December. It was crazy that he was seen as the main man in a team like Liverpool. He should have been given a 'role' and let perform that as best he could, and given frequent rests. However, due to circumstances and stupid buys, he was at times the main man in attack, and in others he was seen as a vital component in the team. He was 19/20. Crazy.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 09:59:41 AM

Yes. Absolutely. Liverpool are no more than a small fry. They are not 8th in the world in terms of the Forbes rich list. They are not a hugely supported worldwide brand. They are not currently expanding their stadium to hold an extra 13,000 people per match. And they have been nowhere near challenging for trophies in the past couple of years. Why would anyone want to play there?

Arsenal were probably in a better position than that for many years and it didn't stop Fabregas or Van Persie from moving on to better money and to win things. . . also Arsenal have a proven winner as manager. Liverpool do not!

blewuporstuffed

Fabregas moved to barcelona, RVP to united, i dont think either of those clubs are a realistic option for Sterling.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

I can see Raheem now: "it has always been my ambition to play in the last 16 of the Champions League".

GJL

Have not won the league in 25 years and are as far away as ever. Have no Champions League football. Have a manager who is far from proven. Have owners that seem reluctant to sanction big money buys and big wages. Can't blame the lad for showing a bit of ambition to move up a level.

STREET FIGHTER

Move to City possibly........

Cant see UTD, Chelsea or Arsenal even interested in him but you never know.............

Bingo

Quote from: GJL on May 19, 2015, 11:03:09 AM

Have not won the league in 25 years and are as far away as ever. Have no Champions League football. Have a manager who is far from proven. Have owners that seem reluctant to sanction big money buys and big wages. Can't blame the lad for showing a bit of ambition to move up a level.

The club showing ambition is one issue a lot of supporters would have but you can't blame them for trying to keep him and build the team round him, is that not ambition? He's 20 not 27 and on the last bus outa town. For sure they will have to match his ambition and sell him the immediate future.

If he wants to move a level/ambition, its only City or Chelsea that he will be looking at.

If his ambition is to grow his bank balance, he'll soon be found out.