The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I predict a point for WBA at Anfield,and the end of Rodgers reign when Liverpool lose by 5 or 6 at the Bernabeu

lynchbhoy

Liverpool knew they needed to sign defenders in the summer , three more centre halves but still looked for attacking players
I like Rogers but he seems clueless about organizing a defense

He's gonna ruin sterling too from over use as the lad isn't ready or fully capable yet

AZOffaly

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 04, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
Liverpool knew they needed to sign defenders in the summer , three more centre halves but still looked for attacking players
I like Rogers but he seems clueless about organizing a defense

He's gonna ruin sterling too from over use as the lad isn't ready or fully capable yet

3 more centre halves? Seriously?  I was banging on about defenders all summer when they were signing lads like markovic, lallana and lambert. But in fairness he signed Lovren, manquillo and Moreno. All 3 are upgrades on their counterparts last season. They just need to start playing like the defenders they are. To be honest, I think a lot of the problems come from Gerrard these days in that position. He can't protect them anymore.

AZOffaly

I agree about Sterling by the way. It's crazy the way he has suddenly been catapulted into the role of talisman, and Rodgers should be quelling that, not talking him up.

AZOffaly

Ballotelli dropped today.

Mignolet

Manquillo
Skrtel
Lovren
Moreno

Gerrard
Henderson

Lallana
Coutinho
Sterling

Lambert

Subs
Ballotelli
Borini
Markovic
Lucas
Johnson
Toure
Jones

Sahko must have done a Keane on it when he was dropped.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/03/brendan-rodgers-more-pain-unrecognisable-liverpool

Brendan Rodgers has laid bare his frustration with Liverpool's form by describing the team as unrecognisable from last season's title challengers and warning supporters there could be further pain ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z2DtNW79sQ

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2014, 02:14:25 PM

Sahko must have done a Keane on it when he was dropped.

He's injured is he not?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Maybe he is. When he stormed out last weekend he wasn't brought to basel. I assumed this was more of the same.

CD

That was so badly needed! Could be the catalyst
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Not playing well at all but that was a well worked goal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Henderson instrumental in anything liverpool are doing well
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on October 04, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

And has been all season.  A clean sheet is so important both result wise and mentally wise as they have only kept 1 so far this season. Will need a second goal early on to secure the win.  Hopefully win the game and the teams around us have a Euro hangover, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Man Uni...oh wait :P

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2014, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 04, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

And has been all season.  A clean sheet is so important both result wise and mentally wise as they have only kept 1 so far this season. Will need a second goal early on to secure the win.  Hopefully win the game and the teams around us have a Euro hangover, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Man Uni...oh wait :P

Yea a clean sheet would be good....oh wait :P

heganboy

Henderson.
a wee Balotelli goal would go down well
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity