The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Thought it was a much, much improved performance from Liverpool today. Lallana played well, Balotelli did all right too. Defense looked solid. If they can get Sturridge back and build on that, the results will come.

Armamike

Much higher tempo and intensity today, which was good to see but that would be expected in the derby game anyway.  Liverpool's problem today though was the lack of a final pass, and not enough chances being created. Ballotelli should have really taken one of his chances.  Everton didn't have much of a sniff the whole game, especially second half, so it was disappointing to drop 2 points.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Just watched a recording of the game.
Much better from Liverpool and were so comfortable in that second half.
There was signs of the Liverpool of last season in parts which was encouraging.
An absolutely beaut of a strike for the Everton goal in fairness. It was unstoppable.
I thought the defense had a pretty solid game over all.
Lallana was better as was Markovic.

I think its WBA and QPR up next. Will really need to be getting 6 points from those games.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Armamike on September 27, 2014, 06:32:51 PM
Much higher tempo and intensity today, which was good to see but that would be expected in the derby game anyway.  Liverpool's problem today though was the lack of a final pass, and not enough chances being created. Ballotelli should have really taken one of his chances.  Everton didn't have much of a sniff the whole game, especially second half, so it was disappointing to drop 2 points.
I thought Coutinho did well when he came on, markovic hasnt convinced me as of yet
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

CD

Can't believe the Liverpool and North London Derby got so little coverage on MoTD last night! Surely these games were the most significant fixtures yesterday and should have been shown before City beating a poor Hull side or Chelsea tanking a rubbish Villa. Strange scheduling decision. These games also got loads of analysis while there was barely a mention of Liverpool beyond a couple of interviews. We had to listen to 5 minutes on Rooney's deserved sending off! >:(

BBC are basically forcing me to get Sky Sports in.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Shrewdness

By concentrating on United, City and Chelsea, the BBC are obviously focussing on the really big clubs. The rest, i'm afraid, must wait their turn ;D

CD

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 28, 2014, 11:35:25 AM
By concentrating on United, City and Chelsea, the BBC are obviously focussing on the really big clubs. The rest, i'm afraid, must wait their turn ;D

I suppose I was asking for that! ;D
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

AZOffaly

Sahko could be in a bit of bother. I wonder is Brendan regretting letting Dagger go now. He stormed out of Anfield after being told he was dropped until he learned to pass the ball without looking like a young foal that was being shocked with a cattle prod.* He apologised for that, but is now left out of the squad for Basel. It may be just a 'I'm the boss' moment from Rodgers, which would be fair enough, but a lot of the time in soccer when this happens it's the beginning of the end.

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:04:05 PM
Sahko could be in a bit of bother. I wonder is Brendan regretting letting Dagger go now. He stormed out of Anfield after being told he was dropped until he learned to pass the ball without looking like a young foal that was being shocked with a cattle prod.* He apologised for that, but is now left out of the squad for Basel. It may be just a 'I'm the boss' moment from Rodgers, which would be fair enough, but a lot of the time in soccer when this happens it's the beginning of the end.

Sakho's passing is a lot better than Lovren or Skrtel. He may not look the most graceful but he can pass a ball accurately. Lovren has been worse than him this year. Sakho being made a scapegoat. He was captain of PSG at a young age so obviously has some talent. Rogers blaming players rather than the system stinks of stubbornness.

AZOffaly

Not a hope. Sahko cannot pass a ball 10 yards without absolutely firing it at his target. He can't roll a ball. And his whole demeanour on the ball just inspires panic. Lovren will be fine I think. He has all the attributes.

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:19:29 PM
Not a hope. Sahko cannot pass a ball 10 yards without absolutely firing it at his target. He can't roll a ball. And his whole demeanour on the ball just inspires panic. Lovren will be fine I think. He has all the attributes.

Not sure about Lovren. He's been caught ball wathcing a few times already. Re Sakho's passing, those boys should be able to control a pass. Agree he doesn't roll it but more chance of it being intercepted if he did. He does get the sh!ts when he's closed down but that's prob because he's been told not to pass it back to Mignolet.

AZOffaly

I'm obviously exaggerating for effect, but he looks so antsy on the ball it frightens me, never mind the poor unfortunate he's about to zing the ball to :)

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:31:00 PM
I'm obviously exaggerating for effect, but he looks so antsy on the ball it frightens me, never mind the poor unfortunate he's about to zing the ball to :)

its the weight of the jersey.

AZOffaly

It could be. He's always stooped over like the little crooked man who walked a crooked mile.

Mikhailov

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:19:29 PM

Sahko is poor at the passing for sure and is not helped by the fact the opposition know this and immediately press when  he receives sending mild panic among the ranks and especially Sahko himself. I am not convinced by him yet but he must have something about him - starts for France, played for PSG from 17 so there is quality but BR struggling to get it out of him. I actually think Sahko prefers the aerial battle rather than ball on the floor but he needs to improve dramatically. I actually seen him as a similar player to Vidic and expected him to be like for like but it has not materialised whereby he would be the aggressor at the back and attack everything with a footballer along side him.

we are admittedly struggling at the moment and several players are below par for a variety of reasons; Coutinho, Gerrard, Lucas, Lambert, Lovren, Sahko, Markovic, Mignolet....to name a few but it must be sorted quickly. We will see how good BR is between now and Xmas...