The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Not creating chances against a back four that included Ally Cissokho, Hutton and Senderos is extremely worrying. Apart from Manu they won't face a worse back four this season.

AZOffaly

Poor, very poor. I'm worried that this will be a pattern. The creativity and cleverness just isn't there, and I'm not sure why. You'd imagine Lallana, Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic, not to mention Ballotelli would have enough about them to create a few decent chances, but they didn't. Markovic was very reluctant to take his man on, and kept doing the simple pass back to the full back. Coutinho is have a bad start to the season as well. I thought Lallana showed glimpses, but they are going to have to click a lot better than that if they want to be fighting for 4th. United may be on the cusp of a renaissance, and the other top 3 are all looking solid as well.

Hereiam

Seen the match on Saturday and I was relying on it to pick me up from a hangover from the night before put it only made me feel worse. Liverpool were poor as said before there was no imagination, no spark which that type of game needed. A lot of team will park the bus if they get their noses in front so Liverpool need someone to produce the magic. Unfortunately he is gone.

deiseach

I don't think I've been so grateful to be able to quickly get back in the saddle as I am for tomorrow's game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on September 15, 2014, 12:22:10 PM
I don't think I've been so grateful to be able to quickly get back in the saddle as I am for tomorrow's game.

That team is 12/1 for tomorrows game, they must be dung, Pool by 4
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2014, 12:58:53 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 15, 2014, 12:22:10 PM

That team is 12/1 for tomorrows game, they must be dung, Pool by 4

They beat Lazio and PSV away from home in last years Europa league so must have something about them but then I just read this...Their No. 1, Vladislav Stoyanov, is banned for a red card offense for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity against Steaua (in the 118 min in the 2nd leg), and the No. 2, Ivan Cvorovic, has just injured his shoulder. He will have an operation on Monday. For the Anfield visit, the Ludogorets manager will use the UEFA emergency provisions to register Georgi Argilashki, a 23 year old keeper without a single game for the Bulgarian top league.

Georgi is nailed on to have the game of his life now :-\

deiseach

Quote from: gawa316 on September 15, 2014, 02:45:21 PM
They beat Lazio and PSV away from home in last years Europa league so must have something about them but then I just read this...Their No. 1, Vladislav Stoyanov, is banned for a red card offense for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity against Steaua (in the 118 min in the 2nd leg), and the No. 2, Ivan Cvorovic, has just injured his shoulder. He will have an operation on Monday. For the Anfield visit, the Ludogorets manager will use the UEFA emergency provisions to register Georgi Argilashki, a 23 year old keeper without a single game for the Bulgarian top league.

Remember that chap in goal for Genoa? Me neither.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Poor, very poor. I'm worried that this will be a pattern. The creativity and cleverness just isn't there, and I'm not sure why. You'd imagine Lallana, Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic, not to mention Ballotelli would have enough about them to create a few decent chances, but they didn't. Markovic was very reluctant to take his man on, and kept doing the simple pass back to the full back. Coutinho is have a bad start to the season as well. I thought Lallana showed glimpses, but they are going to have to click a lot better than that if they want to be fighting for 4th. United may be on the cusp of a renaissance, and the other top 3 are all looking solid as well.

Its a little early to write Liverpool off. Six players made their Anfield debuts (two their Liverpool debuts) in that starting line-up. Another came off the bench making his second appearance, while another sub hadn't appeared in a Liverpool team in a year. It will take time. Staying in touch with the top four is what is vital for the next three months. By then, they should be motoring along nicely, just like in the past two seasons under Rodgers. And don't forget, even last January, in the game before Liverpool went on their long winning run, Villa game them the run-around for 35 minutes at Anfield as well.

AZOffaly

Not writing them off at all, I'm just worried. I was worried before the season started, and said that there was going to be a lot if pressure for the creativity. I'm sure they will improve, but can they find the spark to open up teams? I hope so, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but I'm concerned and have been.

laoislad

Jordan Henderson has been named the new club vice captain.
Some turn around for a player who was being shipped out to Fulham not long ago.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: deiseach on September 15, 2014, 02:53:53 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 15, 2014, 02:45:21 PM

Remember that chap in goal for Genoa? Me neither.

Suppose they could do worse than play the defender who saved the the 2 pens in the shoot out

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Well deserved. He's limited, but he's honest and works like a dog. He's also probably got more quality than most people think. I'd like to see him in Gerrard's position, and I think it won't be that long either.

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2014, 09:15:50 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Well deserved. He's limited, but he's honest and works like a dog. He's also probably got more quality than most people think. I'd like to see him in Gerrard's position, and I think it won't be that long either.

Gerrards old position or new one?