The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Want Liverpool to win but it's hard not to laugh at that mess.  ;D

Captain Obvious

Andy Carroll to score the winner?

GalwayBayBoy

Two very soft goal conceded in a game which Liverpool have comfortably had the better off. Awful frustrating.

Tony Baloney

Rodgers has a long season ahead of him. Schoolboy errors.

GalwayBayBoy

2-2

Two points dropped really. Much the better side in general play but gifted City both their goals.

Positives: Allen, Sterling, Coates. Played very well in general against the champions.

Negatives: Two defensive howlers.

Capt Pat

Well that result helps to redeem what happened last week Sterling looked good from what I saw of the game.

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2012, 05:54:28 PM
2-2

Two points dropped really. Much the better side in general play but gifted City both their goals.

Positives: Allen, Sterling, Coates. Played very well in general against the champions.

Didn't get to see any of it.
Bad mistakes were they?
A point would have been acceptable before the game though I suppose.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: laoislad on August 26, 2012, 07:30:54 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2012, 05:54:28 PM
2-2

Didn't get to see any of it.
Bad mistakes were they?
A point would have been acceptable before the game though I suppose.

Both City goals were bad mistakes.

First Reina came for a cross but it skinned the top of Skrtel's head and went to the back post where it hit Kelly on the thigh and bounced perfectly for Toure to poke into the net.

Second was an awful howler from Skrtel. Out on the wing played a backpass to Reina without looking and passed it straight to Tevez instead.

Played very well overall though apart from the errors. Lucas went of injured after a few minutes although don't think it's too serious as he turned up on the bench after a while. At least we have Sahin now as well just in case. Allen was excellent. Think he'll prove to be a great signing. Sterling was excellent as well but got tired midway through the 2nd half but to be expected from a 17 year old I guess.

One point from the first two games isn't ideal but at least Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle are all dropping points as well. Everton could be a threat though this season if they keep up their current form.

Gabriel_Hurl

Doesn't sound good for Lucas

QuoteRT @LucasLeiva87: Thanks all the message. I am devastated but I need to put my head right and see in the next few days how bad was. Good night .

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 26, 2012, 08:00:04 PM

QuoteRT @LucasLeiva87: Thanks all the message. I am devastated but I need to put my head right and see in the next few days how bad was. Good night .

Yikes that doesn't sound good. Was hoping it was just a muscle injury after being out for a fair while but the fear must be him reinjuring the knee again.

Luckily we manged to get Sahin in although he's not a defensive midfielder. Allen might have to do more of that if Lucas is out for a while.

By the sounds of Rodgers after the game there will definitely be one maybe two new arrivals during the next week. And one or two out the door also possibly. Adam will go I'd say. Wasn't even on the bench today. Carroll maybe.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 26, 2012, 08:00:04 PM

No worries he will be ok. He is just pissed off about having to go off so early in a big game. He is probably worried about missing a couple of games now after being out for so long.

Capt Pat

Ya Ya Toure said on match of the day it was the hardest game he has played in England. Having had time to let it sink in I think Liverpool may have finally decided to join the race after god knows how many years.  There have been many very good one off performances from Liverpool over the years but I hope they carry this on throughout the season.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 26, 2012, 10:59:45 PM
Ya Ya Toure said on match of the day it was the hardest game he has played in England. Having had time to let it sink in I think Liverpool may have finally decided to join the race after god knows how many years.  There have been many very good one off performances from Liverpool over the years but I hope they carry this on throughout the season.
Performances against the big guns are not the problem. Consistently inconsistent against the middle and lower third teams has cost them dear over the last 20 years. A large part of that must be down to mentality and something a manager can work on.

Forever Green

Sterling looks a brilliant wee player, some call by Rodgers putting him into a game like today. Joe Allen top class, he will be well worth the money imo. Encouraging signs for Liverpool but I still think they need another top class CB. Skrtel has never really convinced me although Coates looked solid today

Hound

Very pleased with the LFC performance, if frustrated with the result.

Suarez might have been slightly below what we usually get from him, but pretty much everyone did well (apart from gifting the goals!!). We clearly won the midfield battle, which was a great achievement when you're up against YaYa. Shelvey's best performance in the jersey I thought (and a whisker away from capping it off with a screamer at the death). Allen looks quality, Gerrard better than previous games, but hopefully more to come from him too.

I was delighted when I saw the team, and the youngsters justified the faith showed in them by Buck.

Key for the manager though will be getting consistent performances at this level. We're well used to seeing them look like the best team in the league one week, and then looking clueless the next week.