The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Not often I would stick up for LFC but to me that artical reads as..

Warrior offer £150 million
Adidas off £100 million

Liverpool understandably take the highest offer and Adidas spit the dummy out with the no success story!

Am I missing something?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on January 19, 2012, 12:05:54 PM
Not often I would stick up for LFC but to me that artical reads as..

Warrior offer £150 million
Adidas off £100 million

Liverpool understandably take the highest offer and Adidas spit the dummy out with the no success story!

Am I missing something?

No that's about the height of it.

J70

According to the article Liverpool's are the fourth highest selling kits in the world. The shirts alone go for 70 dollars in the US. Kit and track suit sales must not be great if Adidas couldn't afford the deal.

Bingo

100k passed on the petition, amazing push in the last few days.

Re Adidas - EC is right (for once  - even a broke clock is right twice a day  ;) ) Its the same way that Adidas took the rights from Reebok - they outbid them.

Gabriel_Hurl

Not really - Adidas bought Reebok in 2005

StGallsGAA

Reebok were the biggest sports brand of the 90's but now are definitely considered 2nd rate.  Good choice of sponsor for Liverpool.   :P

EagleLord

Yeh, Adidas being bitter there. It doesnt matter to them if Liverpool havent been in europe this past 2 seasons. All Adidas are interested in the figues, how many shirts are selling? Facts are only 3 clubs sell more worldwide, still very impressive. They couldn't match Warrior's offer, so they took a parting shot. Classy. Interested to see what the shirt will look like tbh, guna have a search on google here..

gawa316

I can see why adidas have pulled the plug all the same (although the recent press defo stinks of sour grapes), if they offer us something similar to Warrior they'd have to offer the rest of the high profile teams the same. Although they are losing out on one of their more profitable teams, they must deem it financial sense, to stop other deals/contracts spirally out of control

Agent Orange

This deal with Warrior has to be good news for the big clubs. If a team like Liverpool, who are currently seventh, can secure a £25m a year deal then what would kind of a windfall would one of the big clubs be in for?

deiseach

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 20, 2012, 01:25:59 PM
This deal with Warrior has to be good news for the big clubs. If a team like Liverpool, who are currently seventh, can secure a £25m a year deal then what would kind of a windfall would one of the big clubs be in for?

Poor effort. Back to WUM school for you

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: gawa316 on January 20, 2012, 01:19:17 PM
I can see why adidas have pulled the plug all the same (although the recent press defo stinks of sour grapes), if they offer us something similar to Warrior they'd have to offer the rest of the high profile teams the same. Although they are losing out on one of their more profitable teams, they must deem it financial sense, to stop other deals/contracts spirally out of control

Liverpool pulled the plug on them. The adidas contract was up, Liverpool looked for the highest bidder for a new shirt deal. Warrior's offer was the best on the table. Liverpool took it.

supersub

Quote from: EagleLord on January 20, 2012, 12:37:27 PM
Yeh, Adidas being bitter there. It doesnt matter to them if Liverpool havent been in europe this past 2 seasons. All Adidas are interested in the figues, how many shirts are selling? Facts are only 3 clubs sell more worldwide, still very impressive. They couldn't match Warrior's offer, so they took a parting shot. Classy. Interested to see what the shirt will look like tbh, guna have a search on google here..

Few possibles

Square Ball

Their logo looks like a cross between the Nike swoosh

and the Addis Logo

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

That one is really nice IMO. Clean and simple. I'm sure it's just a knock-up though. Often these knock-ups look better than the official kits I find.

AZOffaly

I'm sure it's a knock up too, because I don't think Liverpool will ever have a shirt that doesn't incorporate the new badge, with the eternal flame etc.

Looks nice though, although I always prefer a collar.