The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: nifan on July 15, 2011, 08:29:25 AM
Quote from: EagleLord on July 14, 2011, 11:05:45 PM
Downing has had more crosses into penalty areas in the premiership in the last 3 years than any other player. And has played on average 34 games in league each year in the prem. Those are the stats apparently, looks like Liverpool did their homework and signed the most consistant and reliable player available to them.

Thats moneyball for you.

And if you think there's a lot of people in the baseball world who like to base their decisions on 'gut' and 'grit', wait until you see soccer!

nifan

Another interesting stat:

Jordan Henderson, Luka Modric & Samir Nasri have all created 110 PL goalscoring chances since Aug 2009

ludermor

Ah lads ye are just teeing up ross4life for a barrage of stats!

laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on July 15, 2011, 09:19:27 AM

I was thinking the same myself!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: ludermor on July 15, 2011, 09:19:27 AM

The only stat he has contains the number 19

EagleLord

Stats are stats though lads, hard to argue with them. I was iffy about the deal, but having read that on football 365 i was kinda convinced. Makes sense i suppose too like, in a choice between mata and downing, a choice between a young techically gifted player yes but untested in prem, may take a while to settle into league, fast winger dribbling winger, vs a player who is experienced in the league, knows how to play in it, is consistant in his assists and cossing and will take no time to settle in...easy enough choice.

laoislad

Liverpool have completed the signing of Stewart Downing from Aston Villa.

new devil

Are the players yous are signing really any better than what you's have got?

laoislad

Quote from: new devil on July 15, 2011, 10:15:14 PM
Are the players yous are signing really any better than what you's have got?

Is Ashely Young and Jones any better than what United already have?

Hoof Hearted

Roll on the 13th August - the banter between the mancs and the scousers is first class, comedy gold !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

new devil

Yea but united don't have to improve much.. And I'm not trying to wind you up it was a serious question!! Will Charlie Adam start in CM and in place of who?

laoislad

Quote from: new devil on July 15, 2011, 10:19:46 PM
Yea but united don't have to improve much.. And I'm not trying to wind you up it was a serious question!! Will Charlie Adam start in CM and in place of who?

I know it was a serious question,I wasn't get wound up I was just asking the same to you.
As I said in a previous post for long enough Liverpool were known as a one man team  and we now have proper depth to the squad also it's  a long season and there will be injuries,suspensions,players losing form etc so it's great there is real quality to call on now.

I think Adam will prove to be a bargain and I think he will be our best buy of the summer.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: laoislad on July 15, 2011, 10:25:20 PM

I know it was a serious question,I wasn't get wound up I was just asking the same to you.
As I said in a previous post for long enough Liverpool were known as a one man team  and we now have proper depth to the squad also it's  a long season and there will be injuries,suspensions,players losing form etc so it's great there is real quality to call on now.

I think Adam will prove to be a bargain and I think he will be our best buy of the summer.

is that not a bit harsh on Gerrard, he gave Torres a decent hand at times !!

laoislad

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 15, 2011, 10:28:46 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 15, 2011, 10:25:20 PM

is that not a bit harsh on Gerrard, he gave Torres a decent hand at times !!

Forest could probably get Torres on the cheap now. ;)

Hoof Hearted

if he aint good enough for liverpool he aint good enough for us !