The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Adam fee agreed with Blackpool - on way for medical and to agree terms.

Adam just tweetted minutes before the story broke that he was at home on a day off from preseason and was watching SSN.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 06, 2011, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 06, 2011, 02:04:46 PM
Come back with £20m and you can have Downing, otherwise fcuk off  ;)

When he smacks a transfer request in tomorrow will you be saying that? :P  £12m plus Cole or Egg Nog and he's Anfield bound.
We will take wee Wilson another good ex-Gers man!
Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2011, 02:38:02 PM

When we dangle Poulsen in front of McLeish, he'll snap our hand off. You's can even have Koncheskey to drive the bus.
I would say said bus would crash!

Quote from: laoislad on July 06, 2011, 02:40:19 PM

A lot of good €20m is to Aston Villa anyways sure who'd want to join ye?
Feck off with your yo-yo's, GBP is our green  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2011, 02:52:49 PM
Adam fee agreed with Blackpool - on way for medical and to agree terms.

Adam just tweetted minutes before the story broke that he was at home on a day off from preseason and was watching SSN.

Apparently deal involves SHelvey on loan and PFK permanently.

See Insua is back training as is AA, some photos from Melwood.  Might not be that many sales. Love Agger's new haircut!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/brilliant-training-photos-1

Blowitupref

Adam a good signing for Liverpool, he's a honest hard working midfielder with a keen eye for goal & with Downing on his way it will be a new look midfield.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Carmen Stateside

If Shelvey is involved then Aqualani may be going to get a go with Kenny which i am happy about.  Adam will be a decent signing, but cant really see were he starts.  Lucas,Spearing, Aqualani, Mereiles,Gerrard, Henderson and now Adam. All these guys play in the centre of midfield.

Gabriel_Hurl

Raul may be the odd man out I'm afraid to say - which is a shame.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 06, 2011, 03:15:31 PM
Adam a good signing for Liverpool, he's a honest hard working midfielder with a keen eye for goal & with Downing on his way it will be a new look midfield.

Adam is a good player alright with great delivery from free-kicks and corners. Something Liverpool haven't had in years. Means there is a surplus of central midfielders though surely. That's Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Meireles, Adam, Spearing and even fecking Poulsen all for central midfield. Presume Poulsen will leave and wonder if Meireles might follow him out. Would prefer to keep him though.

Central midfield wasn't really a problem for us but we've signed two more of them. Need to see some wide men come in along with a left-back and another centre-half.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 07, 2011, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Bingo on July 07, 2011, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 07, 2011, 10:31:39 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 07, 2011, 12:48:55 AM
That is a lot of central midfielders but surely Aqualani and Poulsen are first out the door. Mereiles is a good player so he stays. I would get rid of Lucas ahead of him.
there is no way they will get rid of lucas.
hes the only proper defensive midfielder in the squad and was player of the year last year. one of the least likely to leave anfield

Thats for sure. If he continues to grow and improve he'll be a real key player.

Move for Downing been pushed on by all accounts and Kenny wants him on plane to Asia. Also talk of Enrique been strongly linked again.

This from strong ITK's who have been spot on recently.

Definitely see the Downing deal being pushed through this week but not so sure about the Enrique deal.  Insua is back training and he has Tweeted or Facebooked that he is happy to be back and getting the chance to prove himself at Liverpool.  If he shows up well I can see the push for a left back dropping off.  You will have Johnson, Kelly, Carra and Flanagan all capable of playing RB, Aurelio, Insua, Johnson and Robinson all there for LB.  I can see KK playing a back 3 quite a lot with attacking wing backs so if the Downing deal goes through he is well capable of playing that role too.  I would be far happier to get a CB and at least 1 winger and keep the FBs that are there.

would have to disagree BC.  I think downing at wing back would be a liability defensively and havent to my knowledge saw him play in this role previously.  With the amount of good cm on board at min i can see it being a 4-3-3 with lucas/spearing the anchor and rotation between gerrard/raul/adam/henderson and suarez and downing in wide areas with andy up top. 

Capt Pat

That sounds about right to me.

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 07, 2011, 08:35:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 07, 2011, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Bingo on July 07, 2011, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 07, 2011, 10:31:39 AM
That is a lot of central midfielders but surely Aqualani and Poulsen are first out the door. Mereiles is a good player so he stays. I would get rid of Lucas ahead of him.
there is no way they will get rid of lucas.
hes the only proper defensive midfielder in the squad and was player of the year last year. one of the least likely to leave anfield

Thats for sure. If he continues to grow and improve he'll be a real key player.

Move for Downing been pushed on by all accounts and Kenny wants him on plane to Asia. Also talk of Enrique been strongly linked again.

This from strong ITK's who have been spot on recently.

Definitely see the Downing deal being pushed through this week but not so sure about the Enrique deal.  Insua is back training and he has Tweeted or Facebooked that he is happy to be back and getting the chance to prove himself at Liverpool.  If he shows up well I can see the push for a left back dropping off.  You will have Johnson, Kelly, Carra and Flanagan all capable of playing RB, Aurelio, Insua, Johnson and Robinson all there for LB.  I can see KK playing a back 3 quite a lot with attacking wing backs so if the Downing deal goes through he is well capable of playing that role too.  I would be far happier to get a CB and at least 1 winger and keep the FBs that are there.

would have to disagree BC.  I think downing at wing back would be a liability defensively and havent to my knowledge saw him play in this role previously.  With the amount of good cm on board at min i can see it being a 4-3-3 with lucas/spearing the anchor and rotation between gerrard/raul/adam/henderson and suarez and downing in wide areas with andy up top.

gawa316

Sorry mate but that's madess. Lucas has been one of our most consistant performers over the last 2 years and has developed into a terrific player. The days of ridicule are desevedly behind him, only continued by barstool warmers who haven't a clue. Never bitches, complains, runs to the press. IMO an ideal pro and one I hope will remain at the club for years to come.

supersarsfields

Good business for £7.5 million I reckon.

Can't believe anyone would want rid of Lucas. I'd let S G go before him.
Would be good to get Downing tied down but the price is creeping up a bit too much for my liking. Talk of AV looking £20m. If that's the case I'd walk away from it and try Mata. 

supersub

See Jay Spearing has given Adam the number 26 jersey! Nice lad haha.

brokencrossbar1

Happy enough so far and good to see that the club are not being totally shafted over transfer fees.  The Henderson deal is £13m plus add ons of up to £3m, under £8m for Adam and made that cnut Oyston sweat, 3 good defenders have signed extensions(Johnson, Wisdom and Flanagan today)  I also like the way it is being done, Press are last to know and the younger lads being made feel special meeting up with KD and DC.  The ideal situation would be to have all business complete before the first competitive game kicks off and I feel there will be a twist in a few deals yet.

As for Downing playing in a wing back role, I reckon he could.  He has the work rate to do it and with 2 deep lying MF and 3 CBs he would be well covered. 

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 08, 2011, 03:35:44 PM
Happy enough so far and good to see that the club are not being totally shafted over transfer fees.  The Henderson deal is £13m plus add ons of up to £3m, under £8m for Adam and made that cnut Oyston sweat, 3 good defenders have signed extensions(Johnson, Wisdom and Flanagan today)  I also like the way it is being done, Press are last to know and the younger lads being made feel special meeting up with KD and DC.  The ideal situation would be to have all business complete before the first competitive game kicks off and I feel there will be a twist in a few deals yet.

As for Downing playing in a wing back role, I reckon he could.  He has the work rate to do it and with 2 deep lying MF and 3 CBs he would be well covered.

You are bordieline obsessive with these transfer fees bc1  ;D, probably a much more important factor these days is wages. I saw somewhere last week that Uniteds gross spend in 6 seasons was £210 million but in the same time their wage bill was £550m. Think wages were also an underlying factor behind Rafas demise at Liverpool, a feeling that he hugely increased the wage bill without increasing the quality of player at the club.